Warfish

One Posters Plea to the Members of JN

Am I the only one feeling a little bit of a weird vibe about this thread?

Not the sentiments per se but the fact that Warfish said them.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Seriously. The whole point of the thread was to not talk about this or the virus or anything else that’s been beat to death on social media and the news. 

"Beat to death".  I saw what you did there.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, JiF said:

Sticking your fingers in your ears and not wanting to hear the truth is the problem.  The NFL could have been a catalyst to change, instead they were a resisting force to necessary change.  And now it's on the forefront again because players all around the league will be taking a knee again.   It's relevant and running and hiding from it is the problem. 

The forces against change fought a rear guard action to reinforce the dam and as a result when the dam broke it has broken more completely than if they has not even tried.  In one sense there is a direct line from one to the other.

• Upvote 1

In other news a friend of mine decked a non-mask wearing customer in a liquor store today.

My friend confronted him about not wearing a mask and the guy came at him.  My friend is in his 50s but he is also a former golden gloves champ and put the guy down with one punch.  Part of me thinks that was the wrong thing to do but a bigger part is 100% supportive.  The fellow left the store apparently without completing his liquor purchase.  Poor baby.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

People are welcome over in the other sports forum where Rangers fans are eagerly awaiting the playoffs to start!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, New York Mick said:

He’d have a sore hand if he lived in Fort Lauderdale 

Understood.  The right to freely exchange droplets seems to be a regional assertion.

• Upvote 2

In other other news i am racking my brain to try and remember what web sites i have visited recently.  I suddenly received several promotional emails for "manscaping" shavers.  One of them even featuring the picture of a swimmer under water in a swimming pool in goggles with a cap and touting the benefits of a waterproof manscaping product.

Seems like kind of an odd place to go about that stuff but whatever floats your boat....

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

My grandfather trained fighters. When my cousins and I were growing up we were always wearing baseball or boxing gloves. I can't tell you how many rounds I sparred in a ring, even before I turned 18.

Your friend obviously knows and was trained how to use his hands, so the fact that he started the confrontation and used them on a stranger was wrong. He's lucky he isn't waiting to make bail right now.

Maybe so maybe not.  He was simply calling out what he felt was unsafe behavior.  Technically that might have "started it" but the other fella coming at him was the escalation which precipitated violence.  Self defense plain and simple.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Do a few hours a research instead of just listening to the news. There’s hundreds of cases over the years. There’s bad people in every aspect of life and in every job. The media and celebrities only show one side because it fits an agenda. 

Or maybe because we entrust them to carry guns and enforce the laws?

• Upvote 1

Anyhow i am out of this thread... My first and last political debate however tangentially I approached it.

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Well, it's up to Max then if he agrees with you.  Clearly you don't agree with my OP.

I'm not sure people really disagree with the position fish.  Personally I thought it came across as a bit self serving mate.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

No kidding with the regional thing....

I'm going to drive up from SC to Long Island tonight. My daughter told me to make sure I wear a mask before I go into a rest stop or stop to eat. I went and bought some for the first time this morning.

I feel like I'm heading into a lions den, but I have to go up there for at least a month because of a family issue. Not looking forward to the trip...

The northeast got hit pretty bad.

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Wasn't my intent, nor was it (as SAR said) Virtue Signaling.  I just know what Political talk does on a football forum better then most.  It creates anger and division and conflict and bad feelings.  And that's on a normal Tuesday.  These days.....

In any event, stupid me, it was still a mistake to post it, clearly.  C'est la vie.

All of back into  things with the best of intentions sometimes.

Perhaps it is time for another Jamal Adams thread.

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company