OT: JN Group PM

23 minutes ago, slats said:

Listen, I get it. When I first got here, I didn't love the no politics rule because I really do have so much wisdom to share, but I've come to really love it. I'm happy enough to not like people just because they're pro-Eric Mangini, I don't need to know what political fringe everyone is crawling out from. 

56 posts in and things are going well.  If you change your mind, PM me!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Prez33 said:

An open forum on politics and race. 

What could possibly go wrong? I’ve seen this movie before. Have fun, kiddos. 

It's not technically an open forum.  We're using QuickTopic, which makes it an invite-only kind of deal.  And it's not an attempt to steal people away from JN, either.

If you change your mind, let me know.

6 minutes ago, Jetworks said:

Not at all looking to steer traffic away from here or towards the Hampur, but if you're really interested in unfettered political discourse with little in the way of moderation with a bunch of loser Jets fans, feel free to jump in:

http://newyorkjetshampur.com/board/10/all-politics-religion

Ragu killed my grandfather when they shared a prison cell a while back.  So I'm not going over.

• Haha 2

Address specific policies, school district lines etc. The Northeast especially. Access to the same education, especially in some pretty woke areas I think is what frustrates people who feel they’re getting lectured by people who don’t follow through on what they preach. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, JiF said:

I rather a PM because you can quote people and share media.  Like that video Ballin posted was awesome and I plan on sharing that with everyone I know quite honsetly.  I've never seen it before and it was a beautiful representation of a challenging concept to accept. 

I missed that. Where can I find @BallinPB‘s video?

2 hours ago, slats said:

Not a fan of this concept. We argue enough over Jamal Adams and Sam Darnold, now you want to have a “civil discussion,” about systematic, institutional racism? And the conversations you have in “private,” aren’t going to effect the conversations that go on publicly here? 

Can’t stop you from doing it, but if you do, the format shouldn’t be this site’s pm system, but some other format. 

And try to keep the certain animosity there. Please don’t bring it here (he said fruitlessly). 

The person you have as an Avitar had many opinions that he loved to express outwardly. Peaceful honest  Debate is at the heart of our democratic republic  image.png.c002fe351c2f0fd24e6ec5eb13dc22bc.png

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, JiF said:

I dont understand why were are locking them, no politics were involved.  The NFL is about to face a monster issue they completely butt fumbled the last time around and I think it is relevant conversation to have for a NY Jets message board.  Jamal Adams is going to be vocal leader and it's going to be awesome.  Honestly, JN can do the country some good right now because it can clearly bring some much needed awareness to some of the posters.  I'm not telling you who to vote for or giving this a political slant at all, I would like to talk about how the NFL can be a vehicle to drive change in our country and hopefully help some folks understand why these players will once again, be taking a knee. This time, dont be surprised to see the entire sideline on their knee...

How is that not relevant to the NY Jets/NFL? 

Lots of people are not ready to be told they need awareness. Most people aren’t ready for this if you tell them they are chewing too loudly much less about larger social issues 

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Anyone who would like to have a group PM to discuss matters bigger than football, please respond here or PM me.  I will gladly set that up.  And you may join in the discussion regardless of what your views are, as long as you make a concerted effort to discuss/attack ideas rather than each other.

Thanks.

hmmm   I would need to know the time before hand but the idea interests me. 

1 hour ago, 32EBoozer said:

The person you have as an Avitar had many opinions that he loved to express outwardly. Peaceful honest  Debate is at the heart of our democratic republic  image.png.c002fe351c2f0fd24e6ec5eb13dc22bc.png

Buddy, this is all well and good. My concern is people forming political opinions that bleed into football conversations. This is why we don’t want that sort of talk here. 

I’m all for conversations on the topic in the proper forum. We don’t have such a forum here. 

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Address specific policies, school district lines etc. The Northeast especially. Access to the same education, especially in some pretty woke areas I think is what frustrates people who feel they’re getting lectured by people who don’t follow through on what they preach. 

To follow up on this the Minneapolis cop had 19 prior infractions! What other profession allows this? Maybe 1 or 2 without getting fired. Public sector unions allow this, which is why nothing ever changes. Do what I say not what I do. Real talk. All of the high level no specifics social media posting does nothing. No one is really willing to have a real conversation. NIMBY is real.

• Upvote 1

Buddy, this is all well and good. My concern is people forming political opinions that bleed into football conversations. This is why we don’t want that sort of talk here. 

I’m all for conversations on the topic in the proper forum. We don’t have such a forum here. 

There’s one available to JN posters now. You’re welcome. lol.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, slats said:

buddy the elf no GIFBuddy?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, slats said:

Ok, you were right. Spent a little time in the PM thread and some took it to the personal level. I am all for discourse but all sides need to come.in peace. 

15 hours ago, BallinPB said:

I'll be apart of it.  I'm not sure how much I want to contribute but would like to hear others ideas.  

If possible I’d like to be invited in. Don’t know how much I’d contribute but I’d like to hear others ideas also 

• Sympathy 1

16 hours ago, JiF said:

I rather a PM because you can quote people and share media.  Like that video Ballin posted was awesome and I plan on sharing that with everyone I know quite honsetly.  I've never seen it before and it was a beautiful representation of a challenging concept to accept. 

Taking a guess since I didn’t see the video he posted, was it systemic racism explained? A cartoon featuring two men, white and black? Excellent if that was it. Redlining is a real concept. I get trained on it annually. If that’s not the video, go watch it anyway 

11 hours ago, Matt39 said:

To follow up on this the Minneapolis cop had 19 prior infractions! What other profession allows this? Maybe 1 or 2 without getting fired. Public sector unions allow this, which is why nothing ever changes. Do what I say not what I do. Real talk. All of the high level no specifics social media posting does nothing. No one is really willing to have a real conversation. NIMBY is real.

Well let’s be real the minnesota pd will definitely be reformed...but lapd and nypd? Good ******* luck