To all my friends on this wonderful board..

4 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

I have had a run of terrible luck.  I’ve been running a high fever the past week, it won’t go way and a was afraid to go to my dialysis center and put people at risk.  I’m now hospitalized.  I not only tested positive fog Covid-19 but also tested positive for pneumonia.  Not sure if people are aware but dialysis patients are In the extreme height risk category so life is really stressed right now.  I’m not sure when I’m going to bet out.  I’m not on life support so that’s good.  Anyway, it’s good to share stories with friends, hopefully things turn for the better

Get well soon. This place isn't the same without your unbridled enthusiasm. 

• Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

I have had a run of terrible luck.  I’ve been running a high fever the past week, it won’t go way and a was afraid to go to my dialysis center and put people at risk.  I’m now hospitalized.  I not only tested positive fog Covid-19 but also tested positive for pneumonia.  Not sure if people are aware but dialysis patients are In the extreme height risk category so life is really stressed right now.  I’m not sure when I’m going to bet out.  I’m not on life support so that’s good.  Anyway, it’s good to share stories with friends, hopefully things turn for the better

If anyone has the tenacity to put covid in check, it’s you brother. Get well soon. God bless!

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 3

3 hours ago, Maxman said:

Jet Nut - you are tough, so I know you will hang strong. I am happy to hear that you are feeling better from your other post. Hopefully that continues.

I will make you a deal. I have NEVER made this deal with anyone and I am being serious. 

You fight, you beat this virus and then you send me a message that says I tested negative. Once I get that message in exchange you get a "Get out of jail free card".  

Now I am being real here, in 15 years we have never made this offer to anyone. It is my hope that you will use this get out of jail free card to make @T0mShane pay in some way. But I can't tell you how to use it.  :) You are one of the most passionate Jets fans I know. And I know a lot of Jets fans. So I am trusting in you that you will put this get out jail free card to good use lol.

God bless and if we can do anything for you just say the word!

Problem is while I totally appreciate the offer, I actually, deep, down, like Tom.  Don't tell him though, lol,  

thanks for the kind words To all, Max and all the others who took the time to comment.  

Pease all, it's easy to get sloppy now with the new easing of rules, but BE SAFE!!!  Trust me this SUCKs, it's painful and uncomfortable just to breath.  You need to be careful I wouldn't wish this on anyone.  

Thanks again to all.  It's really appreciated 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 3

8 hours ago, nico002 said:

Demand your doctor treat you with ivermectin. Doctors in Bangladesh and Chile have said that it is incredibly effective, on average eliminating the virus in 48 hours. Other invitro studies show the virus being completely eliminated by the drug. I am from Chile, the head of the ICU of one of our biggest hospitals was on national TV saying that he has treated over 70 patients and the results were incredible. John Hopkins also just announced they are conducting an official study. Invermectin is a safe FDA approved anti parasitic drug often used to eliminate lice. Look it up!

Thank you so much nico, I'm going to show this post to my doctors and insist the investigate 

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

You, sir are in my prayers.  Try to keep moving around as much as possible.   We are here with you... so keep posting if possible.  You can beat this thing... yes you can.   Are you in Florida?

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Maxman said:

Jet Nut - you are tough, so I know you will hang strong. I am happy to hear that you are feeling better from your other post. Hopefully that continues.

I will make you a deal. I have NEVER made this deal with anyone and I am being serious. 

You fight, you beat this virus and then you send me a message that says I tested negative. Once I get that message in exchange you get a "Get out of jail free card".  

Now I am being real here, in 15 years we have never made this offer to anyone. It is my hope that you will use this get out of jail free card to make @T0mShane pay in some way. But I can't tell you how to use it.  :) You are one of the most passionate Jets fans I know. And I know a lot of Jets fans. So I am trusting in you that you will put this get out jail free card to good use lol.

God bless and if we can do anything for you just say the word!

I think he should instantly be made Mod with Admin privileges. 

Jet Nut some points to consider in your battle with covid.

Reccomendations may be well intentioned  but DO NOT take any meds, supplements, concoctions, touted here or elsewhere without the approval of your nephrologist and treatment team in general.

As a person with co-morbiditys particularly ESRD your ability to filter toxic substances from your body is compromised and what may be benign supplements to most could really harm you quickly.

I have spent the bulk of my career working in emergency rooms and have seen the ill effects of "non-traditional internet miracle therapies" on more than a few occasions.

Keep a positive outlook. Stay mobile, do deep breathing excercises for your lungs, stay off the bed or couch. Walk (if ok with your doc) so you can to prevent skin sores and blood clotting problems and follow your doc's treatment plan.

Best of luck in your fight!!

Phil

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

4 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

NEWS from a verified official statement from Xi'an Jiaotong University Second Hospital (In Chinese: http://2yuan.xjtu.edu.cn)
"High dose vitamin C treatment of new coronavirus [COVID-19] pneumonia.

"On the afternoon of February 20, 2020, another 4 patients with severe new coronaviral pneumonia recovered from the C10 West Ward of Tongji Hospital In the past 8 patients have been discharged from hospital. . . [H]igh-dose vitamin C achieved good results in clinical applications. We believe that for patients with severe neonatal pneumonia and critically ill patients, vitamin C treatment should be initiated as soon as possible after admission. . .[E]arly application of large doses of vitamin C can have a strong antioxidant effect, reduce inflammatory responses, and improve endothelial function. . . Numerous studies have shown that the dose of vitamin C has a lot to do with the effect of treatment. . . [H]gh-dose vitamin C can not only improve antiviral levels, but more importantly, can prevent and treat acute lung injury (ALI) and acute respiratory distress (ARDS)."

http://www.doctoryourself.com/

I called in a few chips and contacted Joe Walton and Rich Kotite to step in as consultants on your case.  If anyone can design a treatment plan leading to your full recovery, it's these two.  You can thank me when you're better.

Seriously, really shocked to read your post and hear of your illness.  As others have said, your strength and tenacity will get you through this challenge.  Sending you my very best wishes for your full recovery.

52 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

When you saw @Mogglez‘s three day meltdown over JD not signing a RT, the family resemblance crystallized.

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree!  Get better JetNut.  This board has many many years of debate ahead and you need to be there to help balance the sanity level around these parts.

• Post of the Week 1

16 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

I called in a few chips and contacted Joe Walton and Rich Kotite to step in as consultants on your case.

I heard on Fox News that picking your nose frequently is almost as good as wearing masks (just need to wear gloves).  Joe Walton has a built in defense mechanism.  Just pluck those viral boogers out with your index finger.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

OMG ! I can't describe how I'm feeling right now. My stomach is in a knot. All the best to you for a quick and full recovery. You're one of my favorite friends here. I love and share your always positive attitude which is not easy being a Jets fan. All the best to you. Get well soon. God's speed.

• Upvote 2

Jet Nut,

I don't recall being on the same side as you in too many of the mini-wars that we have had on here but I just wanted to let you know I am on your side for this one without reservation.

Max is right we need you back here fully recovered and manning your post.

<edited to add>

We should start an over under on how long it will be before you have to use that get out of jail free card.  I say one month tops.

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I heard on Fox News that picking your nose frequently is almost as good as wearing masks (just need to wear gloves).  Joe Walton has a built in defense mechanism.  Just pluck those viral boogers out with your index finger.

lol  Remember those days?  Every week, the camera crew must have had a pool going for who would catch Walton on the sidelines two knuckles in.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, EM31 said:

Jet Nut,

I don't recall being on the same side as you in too many of the mini-wars that we have had on here but I just wanted to let you know I am on your side for this one without reservation.

Max is right we need you back here fully recovered and manning your post.

No one here has fought with Nut as much as I.  But reading the OP was like a gut punch.

We're like a family here, and while we may fight like cats and dogs, end of the day we ARE a Brotherhood, and we all want the same things.  Good stuff for the Jets and our fellow Jets Fan Family.  No matter how much me and Nut might argue, I'd never, ever want anything bad for him. 

Nothing but hopes and good vibes for his speedy recovery.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

14 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Wow.

ive been on the road since 830 last night driving up to Long Island., I just saw this. It made me sick to my stomach.

you know how I feel about you, so you know it goes without saying you’ll be in my prayers.

get back here and keep sitting people like me straight again ASAP.

i will be checking in with you and/or your son to see how you’re doing via pm.

Be strong buddy.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2