Jump to content

I want to go to Jets games this year


Recommended Posts

Anyone thinking that reopening everything up as if COVID-19 miraculously disappeared is delusional.   And wait a couple of weeks until we see how/if thousands of people protesting close together impacts the spread.

COVID-19 cases are on the rise in 21 states, according to data compiled by The New York Times. There is some indication that expanded testing is catching more cases, but public health experts say that in reality, the surges are due to states' reopening and people's relaxing their social distancing protocols.

"The surge numbers are real," said Dr. Irwin Redlener, director of the Columbia University National Center for Disaster Preparedness, who is a public health analyst for NBC News and MSNBC.

He said more testing will inevitably capture more positive tests, "but to deny the fact that we're having an ongoing pandemic with continued spread is contrary to all evidence that we have and everything that we know about the behavior of the virus."

Dr. Vin Gupta, a pulmonologist and global health policy expert who is an NBC News and MSNBC contributor, said the surges are tied to people moving around more.

"The data that I've seen from Verizon and even Apple and Google suggest that people are moving a lot in states like California and Arizona and North Carolina, and those happen to be three of the six states where you're seeing the biggest spike of cases," he told NBC News.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/fact-check-trump-blames-testing-spike-covid-19-cases-experts-n1228671

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That is all. I want to be there in person when the Jets play games this year. Not sure if it will happen, but man I hope it does.            

If thousands can safely protest people should be able to do the same thing sitting in a stadium. Let people police themselves. On the trajectory we are on I see the NFL resuming with fans in stadiums.

all this recent stuff aside  going to the Jets live has always been a kick in the crotch it's blindingly expensive. Parking passes exist.   There always like a huge anticipation and a g

Posted Images

On 6/7/2020 at 12:52 AM, Maxman said:

That is all. I want to be there in person when the Jets play games this year.

Not sure if it will happen, but man I hope it does.

 

 

 

 

 

 

So please forgive me if everyone already knows this, but I just got off the phone with my ticket rep. I have season tickets and haven’t paid for them yet. I’ve been waiting until they decide what they’re going to do. My rep told me that they have been meeting once a week to discuss new info regarding restrictions etc. He said that they should have more concrete info around July 4.  He said The major concern from the NFL is that no one team has an advantage due to crowd restrictions.  He said they think it will be possible to have fans later in the season, November/December, with the season starting in Oct.  overall he said everything can change depending on what states decide. However he also pointed out that Texas had started with allowing 25% capacity, and then changed it to 50% capacity a week ago. However they have just changed it back to 25% capacity because they have had a spike in cases. All this just means, who knows what’s going to happen. But the league seems pretty confident that we will have fans eventually. It probably won’t happen in September because we have to wait for every state to have equal restrictions, so no NFL team has an advantage.  If the pandemic levels out and states start to ease restrictions then maybe we will be able to go to a game in September… Right now it’s looking more like October or November.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Lil O said:

So please forgive me if everyone already knows this, but I just got off the phone with my ticket rep. I have season tickets and haven’t paid for them yet. I’ve been waiting until they decide what they’re going to do. My rep told me that they have been meeting once a week to discuss new info regarding restrictions etc. He said that they should have more concrete info around July 4.  He said The major concern from the NFL is that no one team has an advantage due to crowd restrictions.  He said they think it will be possible to have fans later in the season, November/December, with the season starting in Oct.  overall he said everything can change depending on what states decide. However he also pointed out that Texas had started with allowing 25% capacity, and then changed it to 50% capacity a week ago. However they have just changed it back to 25% capacity because they have had a spike in cases. All this just means, who knows what’s going to happen. But the league seems pretty confident that we will have fans eventually. It probably won’t happen in September because we have to wait for every state to have equal restrictions, so no NFL team has an advantage.  If the pandemic levels out and states start to ease restrictions then maybe we will be able to go to a game in September… Right now it’s looking more like October or November.

I can’t see full stadiums this season and can’t see them starting the season with fans.  
 

If we look at NJ we have been doing slow gradual reopenings.  I could see September being no fans, November maybe 10% capacity and by end of season 25% capacity.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

I can’t see full stadiums this season and can’t see them starting the season with fans.  
 

If we look at NJ we have been doing slow gradual reopenings.  I could see September being no fans, November maybe 10% capacity and by end of season 25% capacity.  

It’s not going to be the fans/no fans issue that’s going to hold things up. Do the players want to play? MLB players don’t seem to care. The NBA isn’t going to happen. The NHL same thing. What makes you think the NFL players will agree to come back? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

It’s not going to be the fans/no fans issue that’s going to hold things up. Do the players want to play? MLB players don’t seem to care. The NBA isn’t going to happen. The NHL same thing. What makes you think the NFL players will agree to come back? 

I thought the NBA had locked in their dopey 22 team round-robin thing at Disney? Did that fall through?

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I thought the NBA had locked in their dopey 22 team round-robin thing at Disney? Did that fall through?

No one wants to be the first season back. Players don’t want to play. Not to be dramatic but we’re at a crossroads for pro sports. I don’t see any of the leagues happening for a while.

and l o l

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

No one wants to be the first season back. Players don’t want to play. Not to be dramatic but we’re at a crossroads for pro sports. I don’t see any of the leagues happening for a while. 

The NFL will happen, there does not seem to be opposition from the players unlike in baseball and the dorky idea the NBA has. Plus golf comes back tomorrow so they are the first. 

I am still planning to go to the LA game against the Rams if possible.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, johnnysd said:

The NFL will happen, there does not seem to be opposition from the players unlike in baseball and the dorky idea the NBA has. Plus golf comes back tomorrow so they are the first. 

I am still planning to go to the LA game against the Rams if possible.

 

The NFLPA head came out a few weeks ago and basically said not so fast. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, munchmemory said:

(Reuters) - Arizona again told hospitals to activate the coronavirus emergency plans after cases spiked following reopening, turning it into a U.S. virus hotspot along with neighboring Southwest states.

 

The state’s stay-at-home order ended on May 15, and its cases have increased 115 percent since then, leading a former state health chief to warn Arizona may need new social distancing measures or field hospitals. 

State health director Cara Christ on Saturday told hospitals to “fully activate” emergency plans - a message she last sent on March 25 - after Arizona’s largest medical network Banner Health warned it was reaching its capacity in intensive care unit beds. 

“Since May 15, ventilated COVID-19 patients have quadrupled,” Banner Health tweeted on Monday, adding it had hit capacity for some patients needing cardiac and respiratory care.

The alert came after Arizona, New Mexico and Utah each posted rises of 40% or higher in new cases for the week ended June 7 compared with the prior seven days, joining hotpots in the South like Florida and Arkansas, according to a Reuters analysis. 

University of Washington researchers estimated on Monday 145,728 people could die of COVID-19 in the United States by August, raising their forecast by over 5,000 fatalities in a matter of days. 

In Arizona, a “cavalier” exit from the state’s successful stay-at-home program caused the sudden case surge, said former state health chief Will Humble. 

Humble said Governor Doug Ducey let Arizonans voluntarily follow Centers for Disease Control guidance but must now impose measures like mandatory face mask use inside public spaces. A failure to do so will leave Ducey with two drastic choices, he added.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-usa-arizona/arizona-calls-for-emergency-plan-as-covid-19-spikes-after-reopening-idUSKBN23H03K

 
 

Yes, but the CDC new cases graph has been declining the last 3 days, and the general trend of the graph has been down.  There are still hot spots, but this virus is TOAST. Count on it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Matt39 said:

No one wants to be the first season back. Players don’t want to play. Not to be dramatic but we’re at a crossroads for pro sports. I don’t see any of the leagues happening for a while.

and l o l

 

99.9% chance the lead complainant is Melo, followed by Kevin Love.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, The Crimson King said:

Bottom line on all of it:

THIS SUCKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not really. With the virus dying off, we only have to hope that the NFL will have the ballz to allow a season, with fans in the stands, to go forward. What with Trump restarting his rallies in a little over a week, there will be plenty of time to see if the attendees get covid before the NFL season would start. Packed rallies and fans in the stands are pretty similar.

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Jet Fan RI said:

Not really. With the virus dying off, we only have to hope that the NFL will have the ballz to allow a season, with fans in the stands, to go forward. What with Trump restarting his rallies in a little over a week, there will be plenty of time to see if the attendees get covid before the NFL season would start. Packed rallies and fans in the stands are pretty similar.

How do you figure the virus is dying off?  In NY and NJ the numbers have dropped but in other parts of the country such as Arizona they are rising.  It’s not just the positive test counts but hospitalizations that are rising in AZ.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

How do you figure the virus is dying off?  In NY and NJ the numbers have dropped but in other parts of the country such as Arizona they are rising.  It’s not just the positive test counts but hospitalizations that are rising in AZ.  

If you look at the country as a whole, the numbers are trending downward.

Screenshot_20200611-104328.thumb.png.e0199ace0380dbbcc3fa045d07be0b35.png

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

How do you figure the virus is dying off?  In NY and NJ the numbers have dropped but in other parts of the country such as Arizona they are rising.  It’s not just the positive test counts but hospitalizations that are rising in AZ.  

Look at the graph of new cases per day on the CDC website.  It is clearly trending down. Also, I am convinced by the pandemic expert Didier Raoult, who points out that mankind has not expired due to previous pandemics. He notes the typical course of such a pandemic is that it appears, accelerates, peaks, then dies out, and this virus has already peaked (in early April for the US). Finally, Raoult states it is a "fantasy" to think the virus is coming back when it gets cold.

Now clearly another expert, Fauci, thinks this still has a long way to go and very well may come back. But I will point out that Fauci has been wrong over and over again, starting with his statement in January that covid would be no worse than the regular flu; then all those wildly fluctuating model predictions; then his statement that masks would do no good then his turn around to say wearing masks is essential; then his statement that lockdowns were so important only to contradict himself to say lockdowns should not be continued too long, etc., etc.

On the other hand, I have not seen Raoult contradict himself even once, and I am not aware of even a single mistake he has made...If you want to go on thinking things will continue to be horrible, feel free. As for me though, I am satisfied this thing is going away soon and will not be coming back.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jet Fan RI said:

Look at the graph of new cases per day on the CDC website.  It is clearly trending down. Also, I am convinced by the pandemic expert Didier Raoult, who points out that mankind has not expired due to previous pandemics. He notes the typical course of such a pandemic is that it appears, accelerates, peaks, then dies out, and this virus has already peaked (in early April for the US). Finally, Raoult states it is a "fantasy" to think the virus is coming back when it gets cold.

Now clearly another expert, Fauci, thinks this still has a long way to go and very well may come back. But I will point out that Fauci has been wrong over and over again, starting with his statement in January that covid would be no worse than the regular flu; then all those wildly fluctuating model predictions; then his statement that masks would do no good then his turn around to say wearing masks is essential; then his statement that lockdowns were so important only to contradict himself to say lockdowns should not be continued too long, etc., etc.

On the other hand, I have not seen Raoult contradict himself even once, and I am not aware of even a single mistake he has made...If you want to go on thinking things will continue to be horrible, feel free. As for me though, I am satisfied this thing is going away soon and will not be coming back.

 

I'll take Fauci over this guy. It's not even close. As for Fauci making mistakes honest mistakes not lies. And that's what science is all about.  If you look this guy up all you see is YouTube videos and websites nobody ever heard of.  Nothing scientific or legit. And he was discredited for fudging stats on a report in 2006. Raoult has a following here only because he's championed the use of hydroxycholoroquine which has no proof of any effectiveness and in later stages of Covid can be a dangerous treatment.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I'll take Fauci over this guy. It's not even close. As for Fauci making mistakes honest mistakes not lies. And that's what science is all about.  If you look this guy up all you see is YouTube videos and websites nobody ever heard of.  Nothing scientific or legit. And he was discredited for fudging stats on a report in 2006. Raoult has a following here only because he's championed the use of hydroxycholoroquine which has no proof of any effectiveness and in later stages of Covid can be a dangerous treatment.  

Actually, Raoult is a well respected expert in his field. As for the negative tests of hydroxy, those have all been discredited as shoddy science. In fact many medical professionals use hydroxy as a prophylactic , and many physicians prescribe it for covid patients. 

But hydroxy is besides the point. Remember all those pics of crowded beaches on Memorial Day? It's already more than 2 weeks ago. The fact that new cases continue to trend downward despite such unsafe behavior is empirical evidence that the virus is dying out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

If you look at the country as a whole, the numbers are trending downward.

Deaths aren't the best barometer.  Look at new COVID hospitalizations.  It's on the rise in almost all the cities that started partying on Memorial Day either prematurely or by government decree.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/10/health/us-coronavirus-wednesday/index.html

SAR I

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Deaths aren't the best barometer.  Look at new COVID hospitalizations.  It's on the rise in almost all the cities that started partying on Memorial Day either prematurely or by government decree.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/10/health/us-coronavirus-wednesday/index.html

SAR I

That's one way to look at it. A better way is to note that there are increasing cases in 12 states, decreasing or stable levels in 38 states. That's why overall cases are trending down, despite hot spots. A good case to look at is Georgia, which opened up early and opened up further than was specified in the guidelines. Georgia is stable.

Link to post
Share on other sites

While many countries are seeing a decline in COVID-19 cases, infections in the United States appear to be spiking, according to documents obtained by Yahoo News.

In a Centers for Disease Control and Prevention document dated June 9, the U.S. had the highest spike of percentage change in daily cases, with a 36.5 percent jump in recent days. Of the top 10 countries in total cases, that is the biggest spike by a significant margin, compared with drops in cases in Brazil, Spain, Italy, Germany and Iran and growths of under 5 percent in Russia, India and Peru. 

A June 9 Federal Emergency Management Agency document shows the same spike in cases. The rolling average of deaths in the U.S., per the FEMA document, is starting to trend up over 1,000 per day.

According to tracking from Johns Hopkins University, the United States has had more than 1.9 million positive cases of the coronavirus and 112,000 deaths, the highest reported in either category of any country in the world.

https://news.yahoo.com/covid-case-spike-united-states-texas-arizona-north-carolina-coronavirus-201958682.html

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

While many countries are seeing a decline in COVID-19 cases, infections in the United States appear to be spiking, according to documents obtained by Yahoo News.

In a Centers for Disease Control and Prevention document dated June 9, the U.S. had the highest spike of percentage change in daily cases, with a 36.5 percent jump in recent days. Of the top 10 countries in total cases, that is the biggest spike by a significant margin, compared with drops in cases in Brazil, Spain, Italy, Germany and Iran and growths of under 5 percent in Russia, India and Peru. 

A June 9 Federal Emergency Management Agency document shows the same spike in cases. The rolling average of deaths in the U.S., per the FEMA document, is starting to trend up over 1,000 per day.

According to tracking from Johns Hopkins University, the United States has had more than 1.9 million positive cases of the coronavirus and 112,000 deaths, the highest reported in either category of any country in the world.

https://news.yahoo.com/covid-case-spike-united-states-texas-arizona-north-carolina-coronavirus-201958682.html

 

Personally, I consider Yahoo News to be in the fake news category. The report you quote conflicts with the data shown on the CDC site.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Jet Fan RI said:

 

Personally, I consider Yahoo News to be in the fake news category. The report you quote conflicts with the data shown on the CDC site.

Fake news?  Thanks, that's all you needed to say.   

Those CDC AND FEMA numbers are legit, as is the spike that's happening right now.  

Believe what you want.  But know that you're hopelessly wrong about COVID-19 being "done". 

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jet Fan RI said:

Actually, Raoult is a well respected expert in his field. As for the negative tests of hydroxy, those have all been discredited as shoddy science. In fact many medical professionals use hydroxy as a prophylactic , and many physicians prescribe it for covid patients. 

But hydroxy is besides the point. Remember all those pics of crowded beaches on Memorial Day? It's already more than 2 weeks ago. The fact that new cases continue to trend downward despite such unsafe behavior is empirical evidence that the virus is dying out.

Raoult is not highly respected. And no studies of Hydroxy have been approved for any stage of treatment. Some are still being studied. The Lancet study that was so controversial was pulled because the company behind the study would not give analysts the data they used. The only shoddy science comes from people like Raoult. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Fake news?  Thanks, that's all you needed to say.   

Those CDC AND FEMA numbers are legit, as is the spike that's happening right now.  

Believe what you want.  But know that you're hopelessly wrong about COVID-19 being "done". 

We have reached the point where we can agree to disagree. We will see which one of us is right as the data unfolds.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Raoult is not highly respected. And no studies of Hydroxy have been approved for any stage of treatment. Some are still being studied. The Lancet study that was so controversial was pulled because the company behind the study would not give analysts the data they used. The only shoddy science comes from people like Raoult. 

The work done by the VA was also severely flawed, as are all the other studies that have not combined the use of hydroxy with zinc, and thus concluded hydroxy, a drug that has been used widely for 60 years, is "dangerous" and ineffective. The real driving force behind trying to discredit this drug is big pharma. Hydroxy costs about $20. Big pharma is looking for a big payoff.

And any physician can prescribe hydroxy, despite its lack of approval for covid, as an "off label" use, a very common practice.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jet Fan RI said:

The work done by the VA was also severely flawed, as are all the other studies that have not combined the use of hydroxy with zinc, and thus concluded hydroxy, a drug that has been used widely for 60 years, is "dangerous" and ineffective. The real driving force behind trying to discredit this drug is big pharma. Hydroxy costs about $20. Big pharma is looking for a big payoff.

And any physician can prescribe hydroxy, despite its lack of approval for covid, as an "off label" use, a very common practice.

Hyydroxy being used for malaria etc is not the same thing as COVID. It's a misrepresentation. This is an article from Science magazine one of the top technical science publications in the world.  https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/06/three-big-studies-dim-hopes-hydroxychloroquine-can-treat-or-prevent-covid-19  It's not a YouTube unverified study based on 27 people.  Or Laura Ingraham talking smack about something she knows nothing about on Fox News. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Jet Fan RI said:

We have reached the point where we can agree to disagree. We will see which one of us is right as the data unfolds.

I will do a cartwheel and build you a shrine if you're right.   Trust me, I don't want to be right or any more folks dead from this virus.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Hyydroxy being used for malaria etc is not the same thing as COVID. It's a misrepresentation. This is an article from Science magazine one of the top technical science publications in the world.  https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/06/three-big-studies-dim-hopes-hydroxychloroquine-can-treat-or-prevent-covid-19  It's not a YouTube unverified study based on 27 people.  Or Laura Ingraham talking smack about something she knows nothing about on Fox News. 

I am quite familiar with the journal Science, but I don't have the enthusiasm to read through the article. But did the studies discussed there involve the use of zinc? If not, they would prove nothing. Zinc may be more important in achieving effectiveness than hydroxy. The studies done by Raoult involved many more than 27 subjects. And I am not saying hydroxy is necessarily effective. But I am keeping an open mind until truly valid studies have been carried out. Not sure why you brought up Laura Ingraham, but it's not her knowledge of the subject that is important. But she has had some guests who are quite knowledgeable about it. And several of them have had favorable opinions of hydroxy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

I will do a cartwheel and build you a shrine if you're right.   Trust me, I don't want to be right or any more folks dead from this virus.

Not looking for a shrine or a cartwheel. But I'll admit I do want to be right. In fact, I have a fair level of confidence that I am. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Jet Fan RI said:

Not looking for a shrine or a cartwheel. But I'll admit I do want to be right. In fact, I have a fair level of confidence that I am. 

Actually I hope you're right and I'm wrong. But I have zero confidence in that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Jet Fan RI said:

Look at the graph of new cases per day on the CDC website.  It is clearly trending down. Also, I am convinced by the pandemic expert Didier Raoult, who points out that mankind has not expired due to previous pandemics. He notes the typical course of such a pandemic is that it appears, accelerates, peaks, then dies out, and this virus has already peaked (in early April for the US). Finally, Raoult states it is a "fantasy" to think the virus is coming back when it gets cold.

Now clearly another expert, Fauci, thinks this still has a long way to go and very well may come back. But I will point out that Fauci has been wrong over and over again, starting with his statement in January that covid would be no worse than the regular flu; then all those wildly fluctuating model predictions; then his statement that masks would do no good then his turn around to say wearing masks is essential; then his statement that lockdowns were so important only to contradict himself to say lockdowns should not be continued too long, etc., etc.

On the other hand, I have not seen Raoult contradict himself even once, and I am not aware of even a single mistake he has made...If you want to go on thinking things will continue to be horrible, feel free. As for me though, I am satisfied this thing is going away soon and will not be coming back.

 

I hope you’re right that it goes away soon but I don’t see it happening. 
 

Scientists change their mind as they see the data and this isn’t something that has been around for a while.  NJ has had a pretty strict lockdown but the numbers have improved but in other areas it’s different.  
 

I don’t see how they allow 80,000 fans into a stadium this year.  Not even sure they allow 10,000.  The biggest problem is people hear there are gatherings allowed or 50 or 100 people but forget that they need to social distance and/or wear a mask.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...