Phil Murphy Says it is Possible Jets fans will Attend Games

1 hour ago, RJIII said:

The HOBO-SHïT liberals in this country just condoned 100% access for ALL sporting events by encouraging massive protests during a pandemic. I'm fine with the protesting because this COVID response was a political hoax. 

So two things you can count on, 100% attendance for sports & TRUMP 2020. :sheepf:

People like you ruin threads like this.  I’m assuming this is a troll.  

They could start the season off with no fans in attendance and play all games in outdoor stadiums. If numbers go down during the season start allowing in fans like 25%. I'm very concerned that with re-openings and these demonstrations numbers could go way up. And in some areas like Texas and Florida they already have. 

We’ve had people out on the boardwalks before all the protests. Families with kids have been getting together all over the place. The numbers in NJ have persistently been declining for weeks now. With the trend the way it is I can’t see how we’re not fully open by September. The only threat in this area USA possible fall resurgence/.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

5 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

We’ve had people out on the boardwalks before all the protests. Families with kids have been getting together all over the place. The numbers in NJ have persistently been declining for weeks now. With the trend the way it is I can’t see how we’re not fully open by September. The only threat in this area USA possible fall resurgence/.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

The reason numbers went down is because of shutdowns. Not just in the US but other countries. As places reopen you need time to evaluate. There’s still a thousand people dying per day. And outside of NY and NJ numbers have gone up. I’m concerned about these demonstrations there could be dramatic spikes. And reopenings esp in big cities with public transportation and people not practicing social distancing. This is far from over. 

4 hours ago, RJIII said:

The HOBO-SHïT liberals in this country just condoned 100% access for ALL sporting events by encouraging massive protests during a pandemic. I'm fine with the protesting because this COVID response was a political hoax. 

So two things you can count on, 100% attendance for sports & TRUMP 2020. :sheepf:

Keep you political BS elsewhere. This a Jets board. For Jets talk. No one cares about your political nonsense

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

That's country wide, the NJ stats (at least according to google) have a spike after being at the lowest recorded point.

Screen Shot 2020-06-07 at 9.52.15 PM.png

I don’t see a spike... I see a consistent downward trend... even more so than the rest of the country.

4 hours ago, RJIII said:

Banned for politics.

• Post of the Week 3

14 hours ago, Maxman said:

I will say this. If the Jets are selling 25% of the total tickets and they allow for resale that is a mistake.

I would hope the queue would go like this:

-PSL Holders

-Season Ticket Holders

They should stipulate that you can't resell the ticket. People making money off of this and keeping real fans out when 75% aren't allowed to go would be bad.

14 hours ago, joebabyny said:

On one hand I agree with your sentiment, but on the other hand, they aren't creating false scarcity, its due to public health reasons. If you bought psls, you bought rights to those seats and should be able to resell them. I say that as a psl holder from day one who has never sold a ticket and wouldn't, but I don't think psl ticket holders shouldn't be allowed to. I don't think people should be able to buy additional tix beyond their psl and sell those, and I I don't think single game or maybe even non psl season ticket holders should be able to sell theirs. 

I agree in general but it would be nice to cash in and you would hope anyone paying a premium is a decent fan at least ?

Also how do you choose who gets to buy their own tickets? Will they just call and offer refunds to us and see who is left standing?

• Upvote 1

On 6/7/2020 at 10:40 AM, CTM said:

Not to get political, but the protests going on are probably a good simulation for how covid will spread with large outdoor gatherings of mostly ppe wearing individuals. This isnt a comment on the protests themselves, just some basic thoughts about covid transmissibility in large outdoor gatherings

The cdc defines a close contact as 10 minutes within 6 feet with a positive person.

Initial studies showed that your risk was roughly .45% of getting covid in that scenario. So 4.5/1000  close encounters would result in illness. If you reduce the time threshold from 10 minutes to 30 seconds (like what might be found  walking into or around a stadium), the odds fall significantly but I've not seen a study of this and wouldnt venture a guess other than its drastically less than 4.5/100

Additionally since the public at large is of unknown status today and likely to be a fraction of a percent initially the actual risk per interaction is going to be exceedingly small. 

Mass gatherings are an issue though because collectively there are a millions(billions over course of season) of such interactions of varying duration occuring. So even with minuscule odds on an individual interaction, each person might be running that gauntlet 1000-2000+ times (just a guess) milling around a stadium for an afternoon with people of unknown status. 

Its easy to see that in this scenario it would spread quickly through large densely crowded areas and this is happenning in cities all over today and why NYC was hammered initially.

I think the unknown is how much ppe lowers that 4.5/1000 figure for a 10 minute close contact.

For better or worse we will find out over the next few weeks/months when the disease has an opportunity to cause illness and spread within families. Either there will be a small uptick and we can feel somewhat confident that ppe and awareness are effective at muting transmission to manageable levels or the hospital will be inundated with patients again and we will know that nfl is a no go

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/pdfs/mm6909e1-H.pdf?

FWIW, good news on the mask front 

https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN23G37V

• Upvote 1