Jump to content

Jets Sam Darnold plans workouts with WR's/Who's joining him in Florida?


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

“Continuing to work on my deep-ball accuracy is huge for me," Darnold said. "I feel like I left a couple opportunities out there on the field last year. I’m looking to hit those throws this year.” 

There's nothing more important than a player knowing what he needs to work on!  Kudos to Darnold for focusing on an area where he can improve.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He looks like a Lego person.    

Jets’ Sam Darnold plans workouts with wide receivers | Who’s joining him in Florida? Today 9:29 AM  New York Jets quarterback Sam Darnold

Jamal Adams as well so he can learn to intercept once in a while.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

 

in a pinch the arm throw is fine.

doesnt really thrill me that we see him practicing this when he himself has stated that usuing his lower body is sometghing he has to work on.

i know i am being picky. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

in a pinch the arm throw is fine.

doesnt really thrill me that we see him practicing this when he himself has stated that usuing his lower body is sometghing he has to work on.

i know i am being picky. 

Yes, you are being picky

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

It's great that Sam wants to get back to work but being a Florida resident, I can tell you that Dade County, FL (county that Miami is in) is the hardest hit county in Florida, with Confirmed Corona Virus Cases; 19,980 confirmed cases; 3,196 hospitalizations & 774 deaths.

Broward County (Ft. Lauderdale area) is the 2nd hardest hit county with 8,035 confirmed cases, 1,605 hospitalizations & 346 deaths.

If Sam was smart, he would organize these workouts somewhere else - he's already proved he's not the luckiest guy in the world when it comes to catching funky diseases.

I hope he reconsiders, because this is a very bad decision in my opinion.

  • Upvote 3
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Losmeister said:

in a pinch the arm throw is fine.

doesnt really thrill me that we see him practicing this when he himself has stated that usuing his lower body is sometghing he has to work on.

i know i am being picky. 

Yes let’s transform a great natural talent into a robotic stiff pocket passer that are a dime a dozen. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, KRL said:

 

It is reminiscent of former Jets QB Mark Sanchez, who organized practice sessions near his California home during three offseasons, starting during the 2011 lockout year. Sanchez named those “Jets West.”

Glad he’s following in Sanchez’s footsteps!

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, KRL said:

More players expected according to the Post.  Don't forget the Hazmat Suit when getting on the plane Sam!!!

 

 

Damn!  Just had a real senior moment/mind fart.  I read this as Hazmat Slut and didn't give it a second thought.  I knew her well. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ARodJetsFan said:

It's great that Sam wants to get back to work but being a Florida resident, I can tell you that Dade County, FL (county that Miami is in) is the hardest hit county in Florida, with Confirmed Corona Virus Cases; 19,980 confirmed cases; 3,196 hospitalizations & 774 deaths.

Broward County (Ft. Lauderdale area) is the 2nd hardest hit county with 8,035 confirmed cases, 1,605 hospitalizations & 346 deaths.

If Sam was smart, he would organize these workouts somewhere else - he's already proved he's not the luckiest guy in the world when it comes to catching funky diseases.

I hope he reconsiders, because this is a very bad decision in my opinion.

Martin County hasn't been hit that hard. They can practice in my back yard.

Got at least one other forum member within a couple of miles that I'd bet would come over to help me keep an eye on them.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Stoked Sammy boy is out there working on this game.   Even in practice, kids ridiculous.

I'd be even more stoked if we heard from Sam in support of this black teammates...

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

i hope i'm wrong but somehow i don't think these things work out as well as look on paper.  what does darnold do?  throw passes to these guys?  they really need some coaches there to keep it all structured and act as an impartial observer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, rangerous said:

i hope i'm wrong but somehow i don't think these things work out as well as look on paper.  what does darnold do?  throw passes to these guys?  they really need some coaches there to keep it all structured and act as an impartial observer.

That's one way to look at the get together.  Or you could view it as Darnold running the
scheme Gase has installed and determining what works and doesn't work for him.  Basically
taking control of the offense, making it his and dictating what he wants before camp  

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KRL said:

That's one way to look at the get together.  Or you could view it as Darnold running the
scheme Gase has installed and determining what works and doesn't work for him.  Basically
taking control of the offense, making it his and dictating what he wants before camp  

here's to hoping.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rangerous said:

i hope i'm wrong but somehow i don't think these things work out as well as look on paper.  what does darnold do?  throw passes to these guys?  they really need some coaches there to keep it all structured and act as an impartial observer.

 

worst case scenario look at it as team-building

 

Darnold bringing in the new guys to meet each other and developing/furthering his relationships with the guys who are going to be important to him on the field

there is no downside

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just breaking the ice.  That's all you can really do.  Makes sense.  No offseason work outs or early ways to build up familiarity.  This isn't Johnny Unitas throwing to Ramond Berry in the dark.  This is just simple stuff.

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, rangerous said:

i hope i'm wrong but somehow i don't think these things work out as well as look on paper.  what does darnold do?  throw passes to these guys?  they really need some coaches there to keep it all structured and act as an impartial observer.

It helps with timing and chemistry. I doubt these guys are just running random routes, they are probably running the same routes they will be running Week 1. I am sure they are also chatting with each other learning the plays and explaining what they expect from each other on those plays. Crowder will be there also and he will likely help the new/younger WRs understand their responsibilities. It's a great way to cheat the system and get in extra off-season practice reps. 

I doubt Aaron Rodgers and Davante Adams have to do this but for a young QB playing with young WRs this is a must. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Snook said:

Martin County hasn't been hit that hard. They can practice in my back yard.

Got at least one other forum member within a couple of miles that I'd bet would come over to help me keep an eye on them.

Still scratching my head as to why he (Darnold) picked Miami-Dade County for these workouts. Seems as if he's not paying attention to where this Pandemic has hit the hardest;

You think he'd be making more informed decisions in relation to avoiding COVID-19  hot-spots, after his bout with Mono last year.

I applaud Sam's initiative - but his decision making is still problematic. He really can't afford to have another season cut short due to an illness, that he could have avoided.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...