So why can't Cam Newton find a job?

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

John Harbaugh has as much to do with the offensive system in Baltimore as Jim Harbaugh had in San Francisco.  Which is to say they both had a LOT to do with it for their respective teams. 

Greg Roman has only been OC in Baltimore for 1 season (he was assistant HC/TE coach during Lamar Jackson's rookie season).  Hence why it seemed strange to only be talking about Jim Harbaugh and Greg Roman on this topic.  John installed the system that Roman runs, not so much the other way around.

While you may be right about that in SF with Jim considering he is an offensive minded guy. John on the other hand has primarily his entire career been a special teams/defensive positions coach.  So while i do think the head coach helps to shape things to some extend, I really dont believe that Greg Roman, a career offensive coach with multiple offensive coordinating jobs, is running a john harbaugh designed offense.  Greg Roman was on staff, and was given the reigns to the offense with Jackson at the helm midway through his rookie season.  Then with an off season to get under his belt, designed the offense you see today.  

Just a few articles to articulate the point. 

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/ravens-building-offense-greg-roman-made-49ers-colin-kaepernick

https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bs-sp-ravens-greg-roman-offense-20190219-story.html

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I think part of it is Cam simply isn't a plug and play QB into every system in the NFL.  Cam has a very unique skill set, and to get the most out of his skills, you can't simply plug him into the same playbook as a guy who just sits back and throws from the pocket.

I'll tell ya the team that should sign him is Buffalo.  Makes too much sense.  Good team with a question mark at QB.  If Allen falters, you can plug in Newton and run the same offense with the same dynamic Allen had.

That dynamic is a RB that's playing QB. Josh has a much stronger arm but has zero accuracy and Cam is a RB that throws like Pennington (after all the injuries) and is a head case. 

Bills will not be serious competition with either of these guys at QB.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

Pats will not sign Cam. They looking to tank for Trevor.  Unlike Macc, BB knows how to tank. Possibly the Redskins would be a good fit. Owner loves making splash moves and Haskins is highly questionable and could use some grooming time. 

Belicheat* is too proud and old to tank. eff that cheat and his tainted SB's*.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Right, sort of like Kaepernick.  He might be better as a starter than many backups (obviously than David Fales), but he isn't the kind of guy everybody will want on their team as a backup.  Maybe that is unconscoius bias or racially motivated to an extent, but I think Cutler fell/falls in the same demographic.  When somebody needs a starter to try to save their job, they will sign him.  I think the current situation and inability to work out for teams isn't helping, but that he will get something if he wants it.

Race has nothing to do with it. A selfish head case, questionable health with Cam is the issue. Do you want these guys in your locker room?

• Upvote 2

Ok now i read it. Nothing much about him being a trouble maker. They focused on his injuries which i dont believe is the case.
the guy is an a hole. He is full of himself. Im sure he wants WAY too much money and refuses to take less. Im also sure there are lots of behind the scenes gossip going on about what an ass he is. Him, kap and that steelers wr are out of work for a reason and I applaud it.
This is a lazy comparison and not close to being true.

Kap was and is black balled.

A.P. is a full blown psycho despite several teams trying to sign his crazy arse. Pats, raiders...its insane that so many people took chances on him AFTER he threw furniture off a balcony.

Cam got released way too late. It's musical chairs and by the time he was free the music already stopped. It didn't help that we had COVID-19 and he was previously injured.

Sent from the Suicide Watch desk.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Rare these days that I agree with SAR, but well, here you go.  +1
The combination of fast-declining skills, physical abuse/injuries, and demands for #1 jobs and huge money.....it's just not going to fly.  Flacco is a good example of how to stay working in the league once your prime is behind you.  If Cam (or Kap for that matter) was willing to take a #2/#3 job/money, they'd both be employed today.      
Kap would take a #2 or #3 in a minute. Cam still thinks he is a starter because he sees minshew with a starting job, Tyler in San Diego/LA and since he has a better resume has a swelled head.

5 hours ago, Il Mostro said:

I am going with his shoe collection.  You cannot deny, the man has his prioritiesCam-Newton-Slippers-Michael-ainsworth-ap.

Think about how much money this guy has spent on nonsense like this. He'll be living off of his NFL retirement checks in 3 years having blown every dollar he got with his big $$$ contracts.

• Upvote 3

42 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

A.P. is a full blown psycho despite several teams trying to sign his crazy arse. Pats, raiders...its insane that so many people took chances on him AFTER he threw furniture off a balcony.

Cam got released way too late. It's musical chairs and by the time he was free the music already stopped. It didn't help that we had COVID-19 and he was previously injured.

How is it even close to being lazy and untrue?

all 3 have behaved in ways that make them less desirable.

nothing is more true and anyone that disagrees has some kind of axe to grind

10 hours ago, jetspenguin said:

Before this thread gets locked let me just say, and I dont like Colin Kaepernick, but it’s hard to argue he isn’t blacklisted when David Fales is on a nfl roster

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

I'm always fascinated that some people can't understand that some players only have real value to a team if they are going to play. Nobody is saying that Geno Smith is a better player than Cam Newton for example. But he might be a better fit for a team as backup QB than Cam would be. Then you look at teams like the Jets, Bills, Browns, Dolphins, etc. Why would they want Cam Newton sitting behind their young QBs? It just gives the possibility of causing more problems than it's worth in my opinion. If you love Cam as a player, sign him, and start him. Or give him a chance to win the starting job. If you don't, he's probably best to avoid unless you are a Super Bowl caliber team who is ok with letting him sit behind your starter as an ultimate insurance policy. 

You want the story to be on the field, not whose standing on the sideline. I feel the same way about guys like Tebow, Kaep, etc. If they aren't going to play for you, why bring them in? They are bigger stars than you need for a backup QB. Just my opinion. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Kap is interesting...  before he did the protest thing i tol my buddy in Sandy Ego tyhat his career was over when he threw pick  6's on back to back drives...  vs the Cardinals,..   both late throws to the right sideline...   

i texted him " Kaps career just ended"  he thought he'd gotten injured

they lost 47-7

he went 9-19   o td 4 int...   67 yds

Just now, Losmeister said:

Kap is interesting...  before he did the protest thing i tol my buddy in Sandy Ego tyhat his career was over when he threw pick  6's on back to back drives...  vs the Cardinals,..   both late throws to the right sideline...   

i texted him " Kaps career just ended"  he thought he'd gotten injured

they lost 47-7

he went 9-19   o td 4 int...   67 yds

The real reason Kap did what he did was he knew he was no longer a star and was about to get cut by the 49ers

that said it is crazy Nate Peterman and David Fales are on nfl rosters

On 6/11/2020 at 8:21 AM, Philc1 said:

Before this thread gets locked let me just say, and I dont like Colin Kaepernick, but it’s hard to argue he isn’t blacklisted when David Fales is on a nfl roster

Kaepernick hasn’t played football in 3 years.  He was only a starter for 3 years.  His career is over.  He was given a tryout opportunity last year and no-showed.  He knows he’s done. 

SAR I

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Kaepernick hasn’t played football in 3 years.  He was only a starter for 3 years.  His career is over.  He was given a tryout opportunity last year and no-showed.  He knows he’s done. 

SAR I

What opportunity?  He sorta flirted with the ravens and that was it meanwhile Nate Peterman is still in the nfl

The nfl is a business but it’s an asinine look

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Philc1 said:

What opportunity?  He sorta flirted with the ravens and that was it meanwhile Nate Peterman is still in the nfl

The nfl is a business but it’s an asinine look

I recall that the NFL arranged for a workout for him, made a big deal out of it, and he didn’t show up.  It didn’t matter to me as we have a franchise quarterback so I paid it little attention, but I do remember that it happened. 

SAR I

2 hours ago, jetspenguin said:

The workout you reference was poorly planned at the last minute and was moved to another location but the secondary location was too far away and many of the attendees did not want to travel that far and choose not to go. Kap did go, did workout, he wasnt a no show.

EJhpEJOWoAE-LnA?format=jpg&name=large

Colin no-showed to the scheduled workout where 25 NFL clubs were present and waiting to see him.

SAR I

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, jetspenguin said:

The workout you reference was poorly planned at the last minute and was moved to another location but the secondary location was too far away and many of the attendees did not want to travel that far and choose not to go. Kap did go, did workout, he wasnt a no show.

But why let facts get in the way?

• Upvote 1

On 6/14/2020 at 12:53 AM, SAR I said:

EJhpEJOWoAE-LnA?format=jpg&name=large

Colin no-showed to the scheduled workout where 25 NFL clubs were present and waiting to see him.

SAR I

That other thread got disappeared. Perhaps that is for the best. Comes a point nobody is convincing anybody about anything, it's just bile.  

On 6/10/2020 at 10:34 PM, Big_Slick said:

Think about how much money this guy has spent on nonsense like this. He'll be living off of his NFL retirement checks in 3 years having blown every dollar he got with his big $$$ contracts.

not sure but he made like what 35mm in 2017 with salary and endorsement deals.  i think he can blow a few bucks on some shoes.

• Upvote 1

On 6/10/2020 at 10:02 PM, Big_Slick said:

Belicheat* is too proud and old to tank. eff that cheat and his tainted SB's*.

Even if Belichick ever might tank, he would never tank this year. I don't see him giving Brady that immediate satisfaction of potentially squeaking into the playoffs in Tampa while NE instantly sinks from another division winner with him to 4th place without him. Nope.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

On 6/11/2020 at 11:05 AM, Philc1 said:

The real reason Kap did what he did was he knew he was no longer a star and was about to get cut by the 49ers

that said it is crazy Nate Peterman and David Fales are on nfl rosters

He opted out of his contract.  

He was going to get an iffeefeom the Ravens, but his girlfriend compared Ray Lewis and the ravens owner to a slave and slave owner.

It's not just the talent, but what a player is worth.  Do I think Flacco is a good QB?  No.  But he is great at his salary for this year.  Kap wanted more money then he was worth, then owners decided he wasn't worth the headache.

3 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Even if Belichick ever might tank, he would never tank this year. I don't see him giving Brady that immediate satisfaction of potentially squeaking into the playoffs in Tampa while NE instantly sinks from another division winner with him to 4th place without him. Nope.

Yep.  And that team is too talented to tank.  Despite another weird draft.

5ea397064bca633d4a6b4a64?width=1100&form

On 6/10/2020 at 10:11 PM, Big_Slick said:

Race has nothing to do with it. A selfish head case, questionable health with Cam is the issue. Do you want these guys in your locker room?

Yep, first time he shows up to a post game presser with the same outfit as somebody’s 50 something Aunt, there will be a problem . 

• Haha 2