Vyncint Smith, you will be speaking his name

4 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Is it me or do Perriman, Mims and Vyncint Smith all have similar profiles.....tall, very fast, deep threats, some minor concerns about their abilities to run other routes or be "complete WRs", etc.?  For the record, I like Smith as well.  If he earns the WR4/5 spot that would be great.

If we get the "late last season" Perriman vs. the "prior 3 years" Perriman, he has an expanded route tree.  I saw drags, hitches, bubble screens, etc in addition to go routes.  He also came back and fought for balls (unlike Robby). Maybe that was just Arians.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed the light went on for him last year...

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

Rooting for injury so a backup can play seems, to me, to be in bad taste.

Hope for the best

expect the worst

in related news this team won't be able to win games consistently until the James "Captain" Morgan Era in 2023 

the endless rebuild 

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

25 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Chad Hansen was a 7.20 RAS and ArDarius Stewart was a 5.90.  FFS...

Why I’m I not surprised. The Stewart pick was terrible, not that Chad Hansen was much better. What the fook was Maccagnan’s scouts watching? - Or smoking..

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Is it me or do Perriman, Mims and Vyncint Smith all have similar profiles.....tall, very fast, deep threats, some minor concerns about their abilities to run other routes or be "complete WRs", etc.?  For the record, I like Smith as well.  If he earns the WR4/5 spot that would be great.

Vyncent Smith is a tad different. He’s more agile. You can run WR reverses, screens etc with him.

But yea, they all can threaten you deep.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Philc1 said:

I think he ends up being the underdog hero of the jets if we have a season.  Not only will he be called on to start but he will be effective and surprisingly so

Please FILE this next to Ty Montgomery, but in front of Jermaine Kearse.

• Haha 2

What’s up with the search function?  I was looking for those threads from a few years ago when everyone thought Chad Hansen was going to have a breakout year because he caught a couple of passes in OTAs....now it looks like the search function only goes back one year.