Are the Giants or Jets more popular in Bay Ridge?

41 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

One of my buddies lives in Bay Ridge. 100% old school Brooklyn Italian. He wears a Jets hat because he got it for free but he roots for the Giants. That, my friends, is Bay Ridge in a nutshell. Believe it or not, it used to be a Norwegian enclave. When gaslighting was not a political term.

Brooklyn used to have a large Norwegian population 

26 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Yeah, Sunset Park, especially, all along 8th ave. My cousin's best friend was a Viking chick named Sonja, in the 70s.

My father’s side of the family is from Red Hook and they are Norwegian.  A bunch of blonde haired blue eyed people born and raised in Brooklyn 

• Sympathy 1

2020 bay ridge is mostly immigrants and hipsters.....neither who care about the NFL.

The old Italians still around are a decent mix. Go across the bridge to SI and depends on the neighborhood. South Shore has more Jet fans, Giants on the North Shore

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

2020 bay ridge is mostly immigrants and hipsters.....neither who care about the NFL.

The old Italians still around are a decent mix. Go across the bridge to SI and depends on the neighborhood. South Shore has more Jet fans, Giants on the North Shore

Brooklyn is all gentrified now.  Just try living somewhere nice for less than $2500 a month 

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

My father’s side of the family is from Red Hook and they are Norwegian.  A bunch of blonde haired blue eyed people born and raised in Brooklyn 

I wrote a play about a guy from Red Hook. Had a few productions. Tony Danza did a reading of it, once. It's about gentrification. He called it "an interesting way to complain" LOL

• Upvote 2

Many many years ago back in England when I was buying my first suit and being measured for same, the tailor asked me "Which side do you dress?".  Now I confess that at the time I was pretty young and  I had no idea what he was actually asking me but it turns out he was asking which side my dick would normally be situated (to the left of to the right).  I guess the tailor would leave additional room on the side or something.

In any event, in addition to not understanding the original question that was asked, once I did understand it and gave it some thought, I realized that I did not know the answer myself.  Did I hang/tuck to the left or did I hang/tuck to the right?  And not until this day all these many year later have i been similarly floored by a question as the one that was posed in the OP here in this thread.

Before someone asks yes, this is actually a true story.

9 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

I wrote a play about a guy from Red Hook. Had a few productions. Tony Danza did a reading of it, once. It's about gentrification. He called it "an interesting way to complain" LOL

Tony Danza did a reading of a play you wrote?

8 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Tony Danza did a reading of a play you wrote?

Yeah. We were friends for a period of time. I helped him get ready for Don Jon before he went out to LA to shoot, I played Joseph Gordon-Levitt's part (Don Jon).

It was an informal reading with just a few of us, the work on my play. 

• Upvote 1