Jamal Adams Strikes Again on Instagram

2 hours ago, JiF said:

By like, being the best player on the team. 

There has to be a criteria for that. He is an excellent player, but just saying he is the "best player" or "BY FAR the best" is meaningless unless you have a reason to think that.  Would like to know your criteria.

To me I think it is highly debatable that he is the best player on the team. I think value needs to be taken into account as well. He is very good at his position but is he really better or more valuable than Moseley? Bell? He is no where near as valuable as Sam whether or not Sam is not elite yet. 

Adams is an incredibly overrated player. I will stipulate that he is probably Top 3 safety in the league. But he is not a ballhawk, not elite at coverage, and most of his value comes from playing a roving linebacker role where the opposing teams front does not account for him,

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

56 minutes ago, Lith said:

53 minutes ago, Beaver said:

Let him rot for on the bench for 2 years and then trade him to the worst team possible.

I hope Douglas does everything in his power to ruin his career.

If he is the best or by far the best then I imagine there will be a long line of teams trying to get him

The Jets should consider organizing a pro-day type event where potential buyers can see him up close and personal.  Tomshane would bring cucumber sandwiches.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Problem with that is bad teams don't trade significant draft capital for a Safety.  They can't afford to give up high picks AND a big contract on a luxury position.

Adams is a luxury.  If he ends up with a bad team it'll only be whenever he's a free agent.

Bad part is this makes no sense, is wrong and is based on the belief he’s going to around to complain about for years

Hopefully the Jets had an adult conversation with him and let them know their plans for him.

Few 1st round draft picks who are not QBs get extended after 3 years.  I can't explain what the Panthers were doing with McCaffery.  That seemed very generous.  Extending Garrett also seems generous.  But if Adams is in the long-term plans of the Jets, extending him now for some savings later, and keeping him productive and happy, is not a terrible idea.  But when the accountant adds up the cost, it would likely cost the Jets more to extend Adams now than to extend him next year. 

The franchise tag for year 5 is a sleezy move and now how you treat a player that you want to keep.  You can also see the bad politics to it as well.   You only do that with a QB that is acting crazy.   I don't know whether Adams is getting any better-he is an excellent football player.  For him, there is a potential big payday down the road.  If he plays in 2020, particularly in this crazy environment, he risks getting hurt and blowing it, like what happened to Wilkerson.  If he wants to sit out this year and at least play next year for the 5th year option, that is his right.  

I am sure Adams was happy to be the 6th pick in the draft.  He received alot of guaranteed money.  But now he is paying the price, and he does not like it.  

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

Only someone who truly had their head in the sand did not see this coming. If a 1+ was EVER on the table during the season from the Cowboys, JD made a huge gaffe not shipping this clown to Texas in October.

JD wanted to do the trade the Johnsons vetoed it

Kinda like when in 2017 the Celtics offered the Knicks Jaylon Brown plus multiple draft picks for Porzingis and Dolan said no

noticing a pattern?

On 6/18/2020 at 6:46 PM, varjet said:

But if Adams is in the long-term plans of the Jets, extending him now for some savings later, and keeping him productive and happy, is not a terrible idea. 

Nah, you don’t give this cry baby bitch what he wants. It’s over and done with. He’s cried enough. Find the right trade and proceed. He doesn’t want to be here anymore and any Jet fan with half a brain doesn’t buy his public persona, his stance or his reasoning anymore. 

Goodbye Jamal. I just think it’s time we move on. LUV! ...lol cornball.

Douglas needs to have the NFL look into all of this DAL/Adams talk,
it smells like tampering to me.  I'm sure one of the "clowns" involved
(Adams or Jones) have left a trail of emails/texts

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

I just knew this sh*t was going to happen when the draft came and went and Adams wasn’t traded. Now we have gone from a team leader to team cancer. I’m hearing from media outlets and reading from some posters that the Jets should not rush into trading him because we have two years of team control with him. If we hold onto him he will hold out for sure. When and if he returns the Jets will get a heavy dose of lackluster play and fake injuries. Trade him before the start of the season.

5 hours ago, KRL said:

Douglas needs to have the NFL look into all of this DAL/Adams talk,
it smells like tampering to me.  I'm sure one of the "clowns" involved
(Adams or Jones) have left a trail of emails/texts

Ideal situation:  We get a high pick from Dallas for tampering, then trade Jamal to Cincinnati for a 2nd and 3rd rounder.  

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

I just knew this sh*t was going to happen when the draft came and went and Adams wasn’t traded. Now we have gone from a team leader to team cancer. I’m hearing from media outlets and reading from some posters that the Jets should not rush into trading him because we have two years of team control with him. If we hold onto him he will hold out for sure. When and if he returns the Jets will get a heavy dose of lackluster play and fake injuries. Trade him before the start of the season.

He never was a team "leader".  That was a Jets' Fan narrative that was not true in any way, shape, or form.  

• Upvote 3

On 6/18/2020 at 5:01 PM, johnnysd said:

There has to be a criteria for that. He is an excellent player, but just saying he is the "best player" or "BY FAR the best" is meaningless unless you have a reason to think that.  Would like to know your criteria.

To me I think it is highly debatable that he is the best player on the team. I think value needs to be taken into account as well. He is very good at his position but is he really better or more valuable than Moseley? Bell? He is no where near as valuable as Sam whether or not Sam is not elite yet. 

Adams is an incredibly overrated player. I will stipulate that he is probably Top 3 safety in the league. But he is not a ballhawk, not elite at coverage, and most of his value comes from playing a roving linebacker role where the opposing teams front does not account for him,

I agree with most of this but Adams is excellent in coverage.  

On 6/18/2020 at 6:10 PM, EM31 said:

If he is the best or by far the best then I imagine there will be a long line of teams trying to get him

The Jets should consider organizing a pro-day type event where potential buyers can see him up close and personal.  Tomshane would bring cucumber sandwiches.

I think the people on this forum are crazier than Adams. Why would the Jets ever want to do this?

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I agree with most of this but Adams is excellent in coverage.  

I think much of that is dependent on opportunity and who he gets matched up with. Gregg Williams kept Poole on the field most of the game to handle the slot while Adams was blitzing 90 times. Who was Adams covering? He had one cheap INT and 7 PDs. Seems like he wasn’t doing much actual coverage at all

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I think the people on this forum are crazier than Adams. Why would the Jets ever want to do this?

Because getting the cucumber sandwiches gratis may make the difference between being able to afford Adams' insane salary demands or not being able to afford them?  Plus you know, Tom may agree to dress up in a pretty French maid uniform to serve those.  I would probably agree to do the same if i thought it would get the piece of sh*t out of here.

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I think much of that is dependent on opportunity and who he gets matched up with. Gregg Williams kept Poole on the field most of the game to handle the slot while Adams was blitzing 90 times. Who was Adams covering? He had one cheap INT and 7 PDs. Seems like he wasn’t doing much actual coverage at all

PFF numbers from 2019:

32. S JAMAL ADAMS, NEW YORK JETS

Jamal Adams has become one of the game’s most versatile weapons on defense. In a league that is trending ever more towards matchup problems on offense, Adams is one of a new breed of defender that can solve those problems on defense. This season, Adams spent significant snaps at free safety (297), in the box (401), in the slot (131), lined up out wide as a boundary corner (34) and even on the defensive line as a legitimate edge rusher (96), and he was one of the most effective defenders in the game. As a pass-rusher, he racked up 25 total pressures from 101 rushing snaps, by far the most pressure and the second-most rushing snaps of any safety.

4 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

PFF numbers from 2019:

Jamal Adams has become one of the game’s most versatile weapons on defense. In a league that is trending ever more towards matchup problems on offense, Adams is one of a new breed of defender that can solve those problems on defense. This season, Adams spent significant snaps at free safety (297), in the box (401), in the slot (131), lined up out wide as a boundary corner (34) and even on the defensive line as a legitimate edge rusher (96), and he was one of the most effective defenders in the game. As a pass-rusher, he racked up 25 total pressures from 101 rushing snaps, by far the most pressure and the second-most rushing snaps of any safety.

Swiss Army Knife Tinker | Warhawk Knife | DLT Trading

$26.95

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

PFF numbers from 2019:

Yeah, I’ve seen those numbers, but it doesn’t really explain why he has such little ball production if he was lined up as a FS half the time. 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

PFF numbers from 2019:

So if he lines up outside on a WR and the offense throws a screen to a RB does that give him a notch in  the column for zero receptions allowed?   

One thing I had hoped Adams would be is an answer to TEs killing the Jets in the middle of the field and in seams when they're in zone, especially due to not much of  a pass rush plays getting extended and things breaking down.Thought the whole idea of the pick was if nothing else to make sure we would not see Gronk run wild 2x each season.Really the Jets still allow TE after TE to have career days against them weekly. Adams hasn't really changed that. It's been better under Williams, but there are too often plays where nobody appears to account for the TE, and under Bowles it was a running joke. 

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Swiss Army Knife Tinker | Warhawk Knife | DLT Trading

$26.95

If they had a legit edge or either Williams provide the up the middle pass rush the moron Maccagnan drafted them to so provide, there is no way he would have blitzed anywhere near as much. 

• Upvote 1