Jamal Adams Strikes Again on Instagram

4 minutes ago, DLJ said:

He should just continue to play a dangerous sport and get paid below market value? The Jets are a terribly run franchise. They should pay him. He’s the best player they have.

When he gets tagged, he will be well  above market value at his position, in fact among  the highest-paid guys playing his position. The system, which sucks, is designed to suppress player salaries. It isn't right, but it isn't changing. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, PS17 said:

Anyone who says “woke” unironically is not to be trusted. Trade him.

I get it.  But better to just hold his feet to the fire and make him either play out his deal or he can sit.  Then franchise him if he's worth the money at that point. Like most here, I am fed up with this self serving prima donna. If he doesn't want to play under the terms of his contract, he can seek employment in a business other than professional football.  Good luck with that...

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, DLJ said:

He should just continue to play a dangerous sport and get paid below market value? The Jets are a terribly run franchise. They should pay him. He’s the best player they have.

Not at all he can sit and earn nothing. His choice.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, EM31 said:

He just needs to go.  Bleed him over the next three years for cheap. Then take whatever compensation pick we get and move on.  If he holds out or dogs it he will only kill the size of his next deal wherever that may be.

Yep, I agree, bleed him for the next three years. He can't hold out with the new CBA - 40K fine per day. What he can do is try to tear the clubhouse apart and be a vocal critic. At worst he fakes an injury and that'll lower future value.

At this point I'd give him a dose of reality. Give his agent permission to seek a trade and he'll find out that are no takers willing to give him a new deal or give up a first round pick for a SS with a huge ego and big mouth.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

Yep, I agree, bleed him for the next three years. He can't hold out with the new CBA - 40K fine per day. What he can do is try to tear the clubhouse apart and be a vocal critic. At worst he fakes an injury and that'll lower future value.

At this point I'd give him a dose of reality. Give his agent permission to seek a trade and he'll find out that are no takers willing to give him a new deal or give up a first round pick for a SS with a huge ego and big mouth.

If he tries that then bench him and make no secret about why.  i am sure that will do wonders for his "market value" even more than an injury would do.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, slimjasi said:

The guy has three years left on his deal.

Dude needs to get off the bath salts. 

he has 2 years left on his contract: 2020 and the 5th year option, 2021.  The potential franchise tag for 2022 is not a part of his contract.  

I'm not buying into the claim that Cleveland is about to sign Garrett to a mega deal.  That would be ridiculous and negligent until it is known what the impact of the pandemic will be to league revenue and next year's cap.  Frankly, I'd be surprised to see any team jump a year early to give such a contract unless it's a QB like Mahomes.  And I don't hear Mahomes crying like Jamal and Mahomes plays a premium position.  Even Garrett does.  Safety is not a premium position and crying won't make it so.   Jamal is having severe difficulty coming to terms with the reality of that. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

This is how the younger generation does business.  This is how they voice their disapproval with what they are going through.  I don't agree with it but I don't knock it.  Social media has taken over everyone's life and this is the best way to be heard.  

twitter makes this place look like the Roman Senate.
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Beerfish said:

So we can add Garrett to the list of players this guy thinks he is like impact wise.

Should have traded this clown long ago.

We are going to really see what kind of nuts Douglas has over the next year or so in dealing with jamalaboutme

Could you imagine how much success Garrett would have with Sam instead of Baker?

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

he has 2 years left on his contract: 2020 and the 5th year option, 2021.  The potential franchise tag for 2022 is not a part of his contract.  

I'm not buying into the claim that Cleveland is about to sign Garrett to a mega deal.  That would be ridiculous and negligent until it is known what the impact of the pandemic will be to league revenue and next year's cap.  Frankly, I'd be surprised to see any team jump a year early to give such a contract unless it's a QB like Mahomes.  And I don't hear Mahomes crying like Jamal and Mahomes plays a premium position.  Even Garrett does.  Safety is not a premium position and crying won't make it so.   Jamal is having severe difficulty coming to terms with the reality of that. 

The browns are being smart.  Garrett is the best player on their roster and plays a premium position lock him up now before he has another monster season

Trade Adams for a first round pick at the trade deadline 

• Upvote 1

You should give a sh1t about this,  This is a salary cap league.  Money paid to Adams is simply not available to be allocated to other players.  It is not as if it is going into the owners pocket. You are wrong if that is what you think.
The question if we (over) pay him is... which other players are not getting signed?
As i said before. Extend Maye now and let Adams stew in his own juices.

I still dgaf after your diatribe

On 6/12/2020 at 12:42 PM, Bleedin Green said:

So that should just about put to rest any debate of him being any sort of team leader.

He's shown his true colors, which are as a headache-causing diva, despite playing at one of the least impactful positions in all of pro football.  Not a good combo.

Playing devil's advocate: rookies have no choice but to sign a rookie deal based on their draft position.  The value that he has produced outnumbers the value of his rookie contract making it a stagnant salary.  Adams is a special and versatile player who has produced consistent pro bowl numbers.  These stats can't be ignored due to sentiments to the team.  Loyalty is crucial but it is a two-way street.  Put yourself in his situation, imagine being the top person at your position for 3 years and still maintain the same salary. Any person would want to walk out of that job.  

I understand as fans, we want players to maintain loyalty to their team regardless of their contractual situation. The Jets--which are within their own rights--have the leverage in this situation; but are playing the totalitarianism card with a pro bowler and probably the best player in the team. 

• Upvote 2

Jamal Adams is hands down the very best player on the team. It's not even close, he's head and shoulders above anyone else on the Jets garbage roster. If he wants to resort to negotiating tactics that gets some fans here panties in a bunch, then I'm perfectly fine with it. He still has a limited amount of time to make his money. Just like any other talented young kid, that talent only lasts so long. Eventually, when the Jets sign him long term to a blockbuster contract (and they will), he'll be the undisputed team leader. He'll be an ambassador used to attract other talented players that will eventually lead to the Jets finally winning a SB. The Jets have always been a pathetic, sh*t franchise. They suddenly get a truly great player in their midst and all the dumb a$$ Monday morning GM's automatically want to scare him off. Just know you are no better than Jets legendary greats like Mike Tannenbaum, John Idzik, and Mike Macagnan. You so called GM's would ruin this team faster than those 3 boobs.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 5
  • Post of the Week 1

15 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

I’m trying to figure out two things.

1. Why would an adult follow any pro athlete on social media?

2. Even if an adult doesn’t follow athletes on social media, when you’re shown a tweet, why would you get upset about what he’s saying? Especially when he’s talking about HIS money.

Unless you’re that middle aged guy who goes shopping in a team jersey, I just don’t get it.

And don't forget still lives in his mother's basement.

15 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Best player on the team, and props to him as a leader on and off the field, and for having the guts to take a stand on what’s happening in this country also. He’s been the voice of the Jets as far as that goes.

The man wants to get paid. If he feels he has to rattle some chains to get that done, that’s his right. Fans who get upset about it will just have to grind their teeth. It’s really not their concern.

Rattle some chains?   WTF with the racist images.   He is far from a slave.  In fact, if he quit today( and unlike slaves, he could) he’d have already made more money than most people make in their entire lives.    And if he doesn’t quit, he will get over a 100 percent raise this year.

Sorry but it’s really hard for me to generate even one tear for Adams when he is contracted and they may not even play a whole season this year.  And even if they do it will probably be with decreased fan attendance.

• WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1

14 hours ago, New York Mick said:

If the Jets said they were going to send him a proposal in January and never sent him one that’s on them not him. The Jets need to sh*t or get off the pot already. Either give him a new contact, tell him your going to franchise him after his rookie contract runs out or trade his ass. 

I don't understand how they could have sent him a proposal in January, Jamal is not allowed to renegotiate a contract until after his 3rd season which began in the middle of March.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, DLJ said:

Yeah but he says he wants to make more money on social media and that makes him a monster!!!!

• Sympathy 1

12 hours ago, DLJ said:

He gets paid better then the military,cops,firemen and many other professions and gets a lot more time off..

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Bowles Movement said:

Rattle some chains?   WTF with the racist images.   He is far from a slave.  In fact, if he quit today( and unlike slaves, he could) he’d have already made more money than most people make in their entire lives.    And if he doesn’t quit, he will get over a 100 percent raise this year.

Sorry but it’s really hard for me to generate even one tear for Adams when he is contracted and they may not even play a whole season this year.  And even if they do it will probably be with decreased fan attendance.

Seriously? @14 in Green is just about the furthest thing for that horrific type of person that you could find on this site. This is uncalled for.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Best player on the team, and props to him as a leader on and off the field, and for having the guts to take a stand on what’s happening in this country also. He’s been the voice of the Jets as far as that goes.

The man wants to get paid. If he feels he has to rattle some chains to get that done, that’s his right. Fans who get upset about it will just have to grind their teeth. It’s really not their concern.

you cant be serious with this garbage.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

12 hours ago, EM31 said:

You should give a sh1t about this,  This is a salary cap league.  Money paid to Adams is simply not available to be allocated to other players.  It is not as if it is going into the owners pocket. You are wrong if that is what you think.

The question if we (over) pay him is... which other players are not getting signed?

As i said before. Extend Maye now and let Adams stew in his own juices.

In the sense that the NFL is an entertainment enterprise, why should I as a customer care what the owners pay the players? Do you go to restaurants and ask what the chef, waiter and bartender make? When you go to a concert or watch a movie, do you care what the performers were paid? I don't like that the owners have sold their suppression of salaries as some kind of moral high ground. Caps are bullsh__t. I'm supposed to care that sports team owners are artificially suppressing salaries for guys that have short careers. Can't pay Adams or anybody else; then don't. Jamal Adams may be obnoxious, and relative to his position quite full of himself. Yet I'm really tired of being sold this nonsense. If an owner cannot as a businessman pay the freight, sell the team or declare bankruptcy. And since 1975 when the NHL's Cleveland Barons went out of business, no major sports North American franchise has done so.

• Post of the Week 1