Jamal Adams Strikes Again on Instagram

On 6/12/2020 at 9:18 PM, EM31 said:

You should give a sh1t about this,  This is a salary cap league.  Money paid to Adams is simply not available to be allocated to other players.  It is not as if it is going into the owners pocket. You are wrong if that is what you think.

The question if we (over) pay him is... which other players are not getting signed?

As i said before. Extend Maye now and let Adams stew in his own juices.

No one should support this.  

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Baker Mayfield said something I liked too.  The Universe is collapsing.  

From now on, just listen to me when it comes to QBs... ?

I saw a picture of him in a I can’t breathe tee shirt and I’m assuming you’re talking about his tweet replying to the Browns fan saying please tell me you’re not taking a knee?

2 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

From now on, just listen to me when it comes to QBs... ?

I saw a picture of him in a I can’t breathe tee shirt and I’m assuming you’re talking about his tweet replying to the Browns fan saying please tell me you’re not taking a knee?

Correct.

He still sucks as a player though.  And mostly sucks as a person.  But only mostly now, not "fully".  Progress.

• Upvote 1

On 6/13/2020 at 6:01 AM, 82nd Airborne said:

Playing devil's advocate: rookies have no choice but to sign a rookie deal based on their draft position.  The value that he has produced outnumbers the value of his rookie contract making it a stagnant salary.  Adams is a special and versatile player who has produced consistent pro bowl numbers.  These stats can't be ignored due to sentiments to the team.  Loyalty is crucial but it is a two-way street.  Put yourself in his situation, imagine being the top person at your position for 3 years and still maintain the same salary. Any person would want to walk out of that job. 

There was a reason for that... and it was collectively bargained for by the players and owners. The system was broken before the VETS asked for a change. They got tired of never getting paid when the draft came around and a player got more money then they were making for never stepping on an NFL field. The system is very fair now and Jamal can wait like every other draftee for his next contract. Go out, SHUT your mouth and play ball. You'll be rewarded for being a great player when the time comes. He'll have the power to take it or leave it after all the negotiations are done.

• Upvote 3

When it comes to players,  the press has an agenda. My daughter was friends  with Steve Schwartz's daughter growing up in Great Neck. I spoke to him about covering the Giants and he said it was all about relationships. Players talk to people they like (He had a terrible  relationship  with Strahan). So Schwartz would be happy to write anything negative about players who gave him a hard time. I'm pretty sure that Adams has a not so great relationship with the press as he rarely speaks to them or at least the press won't  write about him and his contract from his side of the argument.  Maybe the press knows it doesn't  matter what Adams wants  because he doesn't  make the deal but in todays age, Twitter has become an important platform and Adams is using it to his advanrage.

This is not selfish, this is not being a Diva, this is a way for him to say what he wants and get it noticed by management  and it is smart.

• Upvote 2

On 6/12/2020 at 9:18 PM, EM31 said:

You should give a sh1t about this,  This is a salary cap league.  Money paid to Adams is simply not available to be allocated to other players.  It is not as if it is going into the owners pocket. You are wrong if that is what you think.

The question if we (over) pay him is... which other players are not getting signed?

As i said before. Extend Maye now and let Adams stew in his own juices.

On 6/15/2020 at 4:09 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

No one should support this.  

I certainly support that.... I think I was one of the first to say that they should keep and move Maye to the SS position, and trade Adams. Not because I don't like his play, but I believe he is becoming a problem on this team. If I were GM I wouldn't meet his salary demands at all, unless he's willing to compromise, which doesn't seem in his nature. I think that was one of the reasons Davis was drafted. Just my opinion. We need that salary to find and pay an EDGE rusher. And just so I'm clear as much as I might like CJ as a LB, I would have never given him that kind of salary either.

Edited by 68JET11
an old fart who isn't wise to the ways of the force....
  • Upvote 2

On 6/13/2020 at 7:01 PM, Bugg said:

2 related but different things. 1. Big Picture;the whole point is is minimize their labor costs. That's the game. So we are forced to read these stories. I have never read  single story that has any theme that went "Today the Jets and the Johnson family announce profits(or losses)  of ...". If they cannot afford to pay the players, sell the team or go out of business. At time where financial data about everyone and everything the NFL and other major sports act like it's 1946

2. Again, I'm in the camp that under these rules drafting a safety this high was insane. In part because while Adams is good at his position, the dropoff from him to a replacement level safety you could easily sign isn't much in terms of performance. KC and the Texans are going to write mega deals for Mahomes and Watson, and not even think about it. The 2nd contract of ANY guy you take that high is going to be a problem if he isn't integral to your team's success. Same thing with Garrett, nut he may be, you cannot find an edge, the Browns will wrap him up. A safety simply will never be that key to winning, it's overhead. And you get to opportunity cost; you can go get a free agent like Eric Weddle or Tyrone Mathieu every free agent period. There are no primo QBs or edges in the free agent market. None. 

Ultimately figure Adams will get this season and then 2 more under the tag for about $13 million per. That's pretty damn good. With a $40K daily fine for holding out, he will not hold out.  In Adams case his sudden use as a blitzer was a result of Moseley getting hurt rather than any "greatness". It was a function of Gregg Williams utilizing what he had. And there were a lot of blitzes where he didn't get there or they let him come in and hit a receiver where he had been.

Think this whole "poison the lockeroom" thing is overrated. No player on the Jets begrudges any other player trying to max out his income. Would be nice if Adams found something else to do with his time than social medias. 

I don't agree that's the “whole” point, since there's still an open FA marketplace to determine a player’s relative value. The “whole” point is to make and keep the league successful, or the juicy TV contacts are for less money in a sport where there are only 16 games per week. If half (or more than half) of those games are early 80s Bucs & Saints. Except it'd be more teams sucking because back then there was no FA so a small market team could compete by drafting well; except in FA era with no cap you can draft as well as you want it won't matter if you lose the best and most valuable players after 3-4 years and get nothing in return (or anyway, you couldn't hang onto enough of them to seriously compete with any consistentency). In a FA league teams like GB couldn't possibly compete with the TV money from the top handful of big market teams getting their Yankees YES network deals. From the time NFL games were televised to millions of homes in the 50s, until FA was in full force in the NFL in the mid 90s, the Cardinals made the playoffs 3x in 40+ years, and one of those was a one & done WC berth for going 5-4 in '82.

It’s convenient to fantasize about taking out a system that rises the overall water level through parity by highlighting out its lesser points, as though absent these lesser points all else would be unchanged and it’d just be left with the good stuff. Few things work just that way, and given the TV contracts need to have everyone potentially competitive, it’s unlikely this is one of these exceptions. Baseball might still be #1 and NBA #2 if every year for decades there were the same 8 teams that could afford to compete annually, another 2-3 up for grabs, and the rest were various degrees of very trash to mostly trash. 

Teams decided to share revenue so that no one team could spend more on player personnel than another team. Could/should it be a larger percentage of cumulative money? A legit argument but it's also heavily weighed by popularity: it's hardly popular to side with 31 impossibly wealthy individuals behind desks over 1700+ people on the playing field. 

It's a guess that the league would have gained as much as it did in popularity if, every season, you had a third or more teams just set up as window dressing cannon fodder for those who could spend $300MM each year. Indirectly there are a couple players who might make less, but it’s better to have 15 safeties making real money rather than just a few from the teams with that veteran need who can afford it because of the TV market in which they play.

The rest of the issue - for a player like Adams - is due to enough years of practice team management from all non-Jets teams realizing (or believing; take your pick) they have to capitalize on rookie QB contracts and then pay them 1/6 or more of the total spend of all their players combined. Freaking Dak Prescott turned down $31MM per year (from a team in a no income tax state) and history indicates more likely than not he'll have been right to do it when the dust settles. Good for him, but if he was willing to take $25MM/year then perhaps Dallas would have upped their offer to the Jets for Adams and they’d pay him the $18-22MM/year he seems to feel he deserves as one of the game’s top defenders.  

What keeps star SS safety money down and failure to extend early? QB and at least half a dozen other harder-to-fill/find positions a team feels it just cannot do without. Otherwise he'd have already been moved for the couple 1st rounders he (and some fans) seem to express he's worth. Except no one is offering. If it turns out JD is a savant at acquiring excellent but cheaper starters for a block of 3 years from the draft and 2nd/3rd tier FA acquisitions, then Adams’ $ relative value to the team rises a lot more than it is today.

He wants to max out this year for two reasons, both of which are totally understandable. One, he could get a career-altering injury before getting paid a lot more; I'm most sympathetic to him for this reason. Two, he's unlikely to repeat his 2019 season as the roster improves and other good players stay on the field (e.g. Mosely) and get better (e.g. QW) where he's needed outside the box more often. In neither case, though, is it in the team's interest to cave.

The Johnsons singularly opening up their books to show all their expenses, beyond player payroll, are not relevant to this immediate decision. They inherited infiniti dollars because they outswam other sperm after half the competition made the wrong turn at the fork in the tunnel. I felt personal sympathy for both of them once in memory, and that's when Woody's daughter died. That doesn't then equate to cave in to grease the squeakiest hinge when there's a limit on grease and there'll be more valuable hinges out there. A rising team doesn't lock itself into paying an under-contract SS nearly $20MM/year, just like it wouldn't pay the league's very best FB $10MM/year.

Sorry for the length, but you’re a lawyer so presumably you read fast and are used to endless paragraphs of blah blah blah like this. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

27 minutes ago, 68JET11 said:

I certainly support that.... I think I was one of the first to say that they should keep and move Maye to the SS position, and trade Adams. Not because I don't like his play, but I believe he is becoming a cancer on this team. If I were GM I wouldn't meet his salary demands at all, unless he's willing to compromise, which doesn't seem in his nature. I think that was one of the reasons Davis was drafted. Just my opinion. We need that salary to find and pay an EDGE rusher. And just so I'm clear as much as I might like CJ as a LB, I would have never given him that kind of salary either.

I like Maye at SS.  He's not a FS and never will be.  I don't like the idea of paying Maye simply to stick it to Adams.  Maye needs to prove himself worthy of a new contract independent of Adams, on his own merits.  It's not an either/or situation.  His play in 2020 will determine that and we shouldn't be looking to hand him a 2nd contract until next offseason.

Ultimately I wouldn't mind having a brand new Safety duo by 2021.  Ashtyn Davis and a cheap replacement-level SS would be fine by me.  

I think this cancer sh*t is overblown.  Anybody who has played on a team has played with guys that would just make you shake your head at team dinner's or on the bus ride.  As long as they were where they were supposed to be and did their job on the field it isn't a problem.  If they were bigger and faster than everyone else you loved them.  You can tell from the way the other guys respond to him it isn't an issue.  What would be an issue is if they cave to his demands and everybody else thinks they can get away with the same.  OTOH, they should be playing it straight with him about when they will send an offer, etc.  He won't be that cheap from 2021 on.  That is when they should make a decision.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I like Maye at SS.  He's not a FS and never will be.  I don't like the idea of paying Maye simply to stick it to Adams.  Maye needs to prove himself worthy of a new contract independent of Adams, on his own merits.  It's not an either/or situation.  His play in 2020 will determine that and we shouldn't be looking to hand him a 2nd contract until next offseason.

Ultimately I wouldn't mind having a brand new Safety duo by 2021.  Ashtyn Davis and a cheap replacement-level SS would be fine by me.  

I think sticking it to Adams is a desirable side effect from my POV not perhaps the team.  Maybe the Jets do try and communicate that there are ways to get things done and ways not to get things done and that Adams media strategy up to this point has been the latter.

I am not romanticizing Maye's abilities although I think they are better than average when he is healthy,  I just don't want to spend a record amount for ANY safety and in particular I do not want to spend that kind of money for one who I feel is far less remarkable that some others on here do.

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Maybe my post certainly sounded like I wanted to stick it to Adams, however that's not the case. I have repeatedly said how much I like him as a PLAYER. I just don't like that he thinks he's the best ever, and should be paid along with the likes of TB, JJ, and the others he mentioned. I just believe while Maye might not be Adams, he probably can play that position without much of a loss in productivity, and the most important part for much less $$$.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I don't agree that's the “whole” point, since there's still an open FA marketplace to determine a player’s relative value. The “whole” point is to make and keep the league successful, or the juicy TV contacts are for less money in a sport where there are only 16 games per week. If half (or more than half) of those games are early 80s Bucs & Saints. Except it'd be more teams sucking because back then there was no FA so a small market team could compete by drafting well; except in FA era with no cap you can draft as well as you want it won't matter if you lose the best and most valuable players after 3-4 years and get nothing in return (or anyway, you couldn't hang onto enough of them to seriously compete with any consistentency). In a FA league teams like GB couldn't possibly compete with the TV money from the top handful of big market teams getting their Yankees YES network deals. From the time NFL games were televised to millions of homes in the 50s, until FA was in full force in the NFL in the mid 90s, the Cardinals made the playoffs 3x in 40+ years, and one of those was a one & done WC berth for going 5-4 in '82.

It’s convenient to fantasize about taking out a system that rises the overall water level through parity by highlighting out its lesser points, as though absent these lesser points all else would be unchanged and it’d just be left with the good stuff. Few things work just that way, and given the TV contracts need to have everyone potentially competitive, it’s unlikely this is one of these exceptions. Baseball might still be #1 and NBA #2 if every year for decades there were the same 8 teams that could afford to compete annually, another 2-3 up for grabs, and the rest were various degrees of very trash to mostly trash. 

Teams decided to share revenue so that no one team could spend more on player personnel than another team. Could/should it be a larger percentage of cumulative money? A legit argument but it's also heavily weighed by popularity: it's hardly popular to side with 31 impossibly wealthy individuals behind desks over 1700+ people on the playing field. 

It's a guess that the league would have gained as much as it did in popularity if, every season, you had a third or more teams just set up as window dressing cannon fodder for those who could spend $300MM each year. Indirectly there are a couple players who might make less, but it’s better to have 15 safeties making real money rather than just a few from the teams with that veteran need who can afford it because of the TV market in which they play.

The rest of the issue - for a player like Adams - is due to enough years of practice team management from all non-Jets teams realizing (or believing; take your pick) they have to capitalize on rookie QB contracts and then pay them 1/6 or more of the total spend of all their players combined. Freaking Dak Prescott turned down $31MM per year (from a team in a no income tax state) and history indicates more likely than not he'll have been right to do it when the dust settles. Good for him, but if he was willing to take $25MM/year then perhaps Dallas would have upped their offer to the Jets for Adams and they’d pay him the $18-22MM/year he seems to feel he deserves as one of the game’s top defenders.  

What keeps star SS safety money down and failure to extend early? QB and at least half a dozen other harder-to-fill/find positions a team feels it just cannot do without. Otherwise he'd have already been moved for the couple 1st rounders he (and some fans) seem to express he's worth. Except no one is offering. If it turns out JD is a savant at acquiring excellent but cheaper starters for a block of 3 years from the draft and 2nd/3rd tier FA acquisitions, then Adams’ $ relative value to the team rises a lot more than it is today.

He wants to max out this year for two reasons, both of which are totally understandable. One, he could get a career-altering injury before getting paid a lot more; I'm most sympathetic to him for this reason. Two, he's unlikely to repeat his 2019 season as the roster improves and other good players stay on the field (e.g. Mosely) and get better (e.g. QW) where he's needed outside the box more often. In neither case, though, is it in the team's interest to cave.

The Johnsons singularly opening up their books to show all their expenses, beyond player payroll, are not relevant to this immediate decision. They inherited infiniti dollars because they outswam other sperm after half the competition made the wrong turn at the fork in the tunnel. I felt personal sympathy for both of them once in memory, and that's when Woody's daughter died. That doesn't then equate to cave in to grease the squeakiest hinge when there's a limit on grease and there'll be more valuable hinges out there. A rising team doesn't lock itself into paying an under-contract SS nearly $20MM/year, just like it wouldn't pay the league's very best FB $10MM/year.

Sorry for the length, but you’re a lawyer so presumably you read fast and are used to endless paragraphs of blah blah blah like this. 

This was excellent blah blah blah. 

I understand NFL owners have sold this as competitive balance. And for a time that may have been true. But  the US has homogenized in the sense you can become a star in any sport in a small market, like Kevin Durnant or Peyton Manning. Big markets don't really mean nearly as much as they once did,and they're often expensive and a pain in the ass.  What was once an advantage may now be a hindrance.  Intelligent management plays much more of a role than low labor costs, or certainly plays much more of a role than it did in the past. 

Adams' predicament is he is locked into his entry level contract for this season and then faces 2 years of well-compensated tag money. But the Jets have no real incentive to do much more in terms of a long term deal. With a $40K per day holdout fine,that isn't an option. And who knows if a healthy Moseley means there won't be nearly as many safety blitzes as in 2019. And when you look at where he was taken in the draft, he is not a QB, nor an edge nor a LT. He is very replaceable. This is his best year to try to cash out. But he isn't left with much more than whining on social media. A sensible management will let him bleat all he wants, and then probably tag him for the next 2 years and go from there.In part because he was taken so high and he has been a  very good player.  

And then he runs into the simple fact safeties are a very fungible NFL commodity. A safety is overhead, the chorus, boilerplate.He is not Ed Reed or Try Polamalu, and the time safeties were allowed to be over the middle killers is over.If he was a better cover guy or faster, he'd be a corner.Or if he had hands, he'd be a back or a receiver. Or if he were a bigger stronger guy, he'd be a linebacker. He is none of those things, are there are a lot of guys like him. Jets can probably fill that hole 2 years hence internally or with a middle round pick or a free agent making half of his salary. He is very replaceable in ways QBs, edges and LTs are not. Would say shutdown corners once were, but the way PI is called and the rule slant to receivers, that animal has gone the way of the dinosaur. 

NFL Safety as a position has evolved away from big hitters. Similar thing  as a fan of the NHL, was a time a big lumbering defenseman could have a very long career clobbering people in front of the net. But they changed the rules and enforcement such skating was at a premium and clobbering guys was a penalty.   Same thing with  NBA emphasizing 3 pointers discounted big centers, or how there are no fat first basemen in MLB any more. No one is going to overpay for that. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

When it comes to players,  the press has an agenda. My daughter was friends  with Steve Schwartz's daughter growing up in Great Neck. I spoke to him about covering the Giants and he said it was all about relationships. Players talk to people they like (He had a terrible  relationship  with Strahan). So Schwartz would be happy to write anything negative about players who gave him a hard time. I'm pretty sure that Adams has a not so great relationship with the press as he rarely speaks to them or at least the press won't  write about him and his contract from his side of the argument.  Maybe the press knows it doesn't  matter what Adams wants  because he doesn't  make the deal but in todays age, Twitter has become an important platform and Adams is using it to his advanrage.

This is not selfish, this is not being a Diva, this is a way for him to say what he wants and get it noticed by management  and it is smart.

His twitter use to bitch and moan just might backfire on him. JD might decide to make him play out his contract and then tag him to show other players that they can't shoot their way out of signed contract.

If he's traded and signs a new five year deal and salary's goes up you just know he'll demand to have his contract renegotiated. All teams will know that he will turn into a distraction and puts himself way above the team.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, Big_Slick said:

His twitter use to bitch and moan just might backfire on him. JD might decide to make him play out his contract and then tag him to show other players that they can't shoot their way out of signed contract.

If he's traded and signs a new five year deal and salary's goes up you just know he'll demand to have his contract renegotiated. All teams will know that he will turn into a distraction and puts himself way above the team.

I honestly don't  think Douglas cares what he tweets. Douglas has a plan and Adams will have to fall in line. It's  that simple. It's just a way for Adams to make his feelings known, it's  not a way to get results

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Bugg said:

This was excellent blah blah blah. 

I understand NFL owners have sold this as competitive balance. And for a time that may have been true. But  the US has homogenized in the sense you can become a star in any sport in a small market, like Kevin Durnant or Peyton Manning. Big markets don't really mean nearly as much as they once did,and they're often expensive and a pain in the ass.  What was once an advantage may now be a hindrance.  Intelligent management plays much more of a role than low labor costs, or certainly plays much more of a role than it did in the past. 

Except the rarest of exceptions like Peyton Manning’s ability to be a national celebrity doesn’t therefore mean the Colts could afford him and a competent enough team to contend in a sub-second city like Indianapolis.

Theres no evidence they could get the same TV contracts cumulatively in the absence of profit sharing among teams, which doesn’t happen to this degree without a cap (even with its clear downsides). 

There is no all-positives answer.

Adams' predicament is he is locked into his entry level contract for this season and then faces 2 years of well-compensated tag money. But the Jets have no real incentive to do much more in terms of a long term deal. With a $40K per day holdout fine,that isn't an option. And who knows if a healthy Moseley means there won't be nearly as many safety blitzes as in 2019. And when you look at where he was taken in the draft, he is not a QB, nor an edge nor a LT. He is very replaceable. This is his best year to try to cash out. But he isn't left with much more than whining on social media. A sensible management will let him bleat all he wants, and then probably tag him for the next 2 years and go from there.In part because he was taken so high and he has been a  very good player.  

Agree completely

And then he runs into the simple fact safeties are a very fungible NFL commodity. A safety is overhead, the chorus, boilerplate.He is not Ed Reed or Try Polamalu, and the time safeties were allowed to be over the middle killers is over.If he was a better cover guy or faster, he'd be a corner.Or if he had hands, he'd be a back or a receiver. Or if he were a bigger stronger guy, he'd be a linebacker. He is none of those things, are there are a lot of guys like him. Jets can probably fill that hole 2 years hence internally or with a middle round pick or a free agent making half of his salary. He is very replaceable in ways QBs, edges and LTs are not. Would say shutdown corners once were, but the way PI is called and the rule slant to receivers, that animal has gone the way of the dinosaur. 

NFL Safety as a position has evolved away from big hitters. Similar thing  as a fan of the NHL, was a time a big lumbering defenseman could have a very long career clobbering people in front of the net. But they changed the rules and enforcement such skating was at a premium and clobbering guys was a penalty.   Same thing with  NBA emphasizing 3 pointers discounted big centers, or how there are no fat first basemen in MLB any more. No one is going to overpay for that. 

Again agree completely.

As I said, he might have that value in the narrowest of circumstances as I outlined. That doesn’t exist on the Jets,  or for the majority (if not all) current teams willing to fork over a 1st, 3rd to 1st on top of that, and nearly or more than $20MM per year on top of that.

• Upvote 1

On 6/12/2020 at 11:42 AM, Bleedin Green said:

So that should just about put to rest any debate of him being any sort of team leader.

He's shown his true colors, which are as a headache-causing diva, despite playing at one of the least impactful positions in all of pro football.  Not a good combo.

you guys... i don't like Jamal being a loud mouth, but i can tell who's clearly not been fcked around by your employer. I don't like Jamal taking this to instagram, but i have no problem with him being pissed our management. It is bush. Pay him or don't.... but stop fcking around.

3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

you guys... i don't like Jamal being a loud mouth, but i can tell who's clearly not been fcked around by your employer. I don't like Jamal taking this to instagram, but i have no problem with him being pissed our management. It is bush. Pay him or don't.... but stop fcking around.

He is still under contract for another 2 years.  His refusal to honor it without incessantly whining in no way makes him some innocent victim.

• Upvote 4

20 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I too feel sorry for Jamal and the contract he signed 

When should Sam start holding out?

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

He is still under contract for another 2 years.  His refusal to honor it without incessantly whining in no way makes him some innocent victim.

That just doesn’t work for me.

I know a lot people subscribe to that kind of fan think but the business model supports his plight. He’s a pro bowl player who’s considered to be one of the best in the league at his position... and we keep talking like we want him to be “A Jet for Life..”

Jets aren’t shaking their MO as a clown outfit IMO. If I was Jamal I would be pissed too. Nothing is more frustrating than an employer who doesn’t follow thru

11 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

After the first 2 years he’s had? I would right now. We’re likely to get him killed at this rate. 

59 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

After he makes two Pro Bowls and is named All Pro? Until then , I’d advice Sam not to consider it.

Jamal has done that and he still isn’t holding out though, is he? So wtf are you even talking about?

• Upvote 1

Interested to see how long this goes on in relation to camp starting (whenever and however the Jets have one) and if he takes this into to locker room.   At some point he realizes that JD will call his bluff and new contract talk won't pickup any traction.  Or he actually does make it an issue and decides to sit.  I don't think he'll do that.  But if he does think that constant twitter banter in some barely veiled attempt to get things rolling in his favor... actually works.  He'll find out otherwise.   The front office has no reason to bend or give him a new deal so early.  Have fun Jamal.  I definitely find your exasperation has made this off season that much more interesting.

• Upvote 2