Jamal Adams Strikes Again on Instagram

6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Reminder that Jamal, who lives online, waited until two days after the draft was over to hype the Jets draftees, and it wasn’t “welcome to the team/let’s get it/leggooooo,” it was a generic one-off post featuring a list of their names with the caption, “congratulations to these players.” 

Now that's leadership!  LOL

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, nico002 said:

Jamal lost his mind when he realized this was Sam Darnolds team. He absolutely cannot handle being second fiddle. 

He really can't handle the reality of positional value and never will.  Doesn't matter.  He is ours for the next 2 years whether he likes it or not.  Maybe JD gets him a new contract once all the 2021 cap questions are resolved.  (We won't know that until realistic estimates on 2020 revenue are available  and that won't be for quite some time considering no one knows when games will be played).  

And if the Jets utilize him for the next 2 years and then cut bait... there will probably be a good reason why.. and we can get a comp pick at least.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

He really can't handle the reality of positional value and never will.  Doesn't matter.  He is ours for the next 2 years whether he likes it or not.  Maybe JD gets him a new contract once all the 2021 cap questions are resolved.  (We won't know that until realistic estimates on 2020 revenue are available  and that won't be for quite some time considering no one knows when games will be played).  

And if the Jets utilize him for the next 2 years and then cut bait... there will probably be a good reason why.. and we can get a comp pick at least.

That was a cogent, even handed and well reasoned post. You must have logged on to the wrong forum.

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Lots of successful teams out there say one thing and do another.

There needs to be a bit of a Machiavellian approach in order to be a successful franchise.  

JD was clearly trying to get ahead of the PR battle and massage Adams' ego, so he can blame the negotiations on Adams' people later on. 

Maybe he should have been a little more vague about his feelings on Adams to the media.  Maybe that's him being a first year GM making a rookie mistake.  But it really doesn't matter that much in the grand scheme of things.  

The tears being shed over all this are just not worth it.  This is a business and there's a salary cap.  There's a line in the sand that Douglas won't cross when it comes to what he perceives Adams' market value to be, and there's zero urgency to try to sign Adams now.  Even if it really was true that Douglas wants Adams to be a "Jet for life", there was no need to make a deal happen this offseason, nor did he ever promise that that would happen.

Good points. I guess I should clarify that i take the whole thing with a grain of salt.... so while I don't feel the same way about "Jamal is being bitch" cause i understand his plight and think the Jets should just get it done - I also don't really care much too much about his digs at Management. I think it rubs people the wrong way a lot more it should. Who cares if he's gripping. I don't blame him, but I don't really pay it much mind either..... As fans I think we should be more concerned with his play than his mouth. 

• Upvote 1

On 6/17/2020 at 6:15 AM, T0mShane said:

Reminder that Jamal, who lives online, waited until two days after the draft was over to hype the Jets draftees, and it wasn’t “welcome to the team/let’s get it/leggooooo,” it was a generic one-off post featuring a list of their names with the caption, “congratulations to these players.” 

Drastically different from his previous 2 draft classes. His enthusiasm for Tunsil, McCaffrey, and Garrett's big money talks was far higher.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Paradis said:

I also don't really care much too much about his digs at Management. I think it rubs people the wrong way a lot more it should

It matters because the only redeemable (if dubious) trait Jamal Adams brings to the Jets is his leadership and, if he’s not going to provide that, his play on the field isn’t impactful enough to make up for it. Keyshawn could be a dick and still go out and get you 100 yards per game receiving. Gastineau could get you 15+ sacks. Jamal being a malcontent won’t be offset with a few tackles and a pressure.

• Upvote 3

On 6/16/2020 at 10:59 AM, #27TheDominator said:

I think this cancer sh*t is overblown.  Anybody who has played on a team has played with guys that would just make you shake your head at team dinner's or on the bus ride.  As long as they were where they were supposed to be and did their job on the field it isn't a problem.  If they were bigger and faster than everyone else you loved them.  You can tell from the way the other guys respond to him it isn't an issue.  What would be an issue is if they cave to his demands and everybody else thinks they can get away with the same.  OTOH, they should be playing it straight with him about when they will send an offer, etc.  He won't be that cheap from 2021 on.  That is when they should make a decision.

I edited it for you....

On 6/16/2020 at 10:08 PM, Paradis said:

you guys... i don't like Jamal being a loud mouth, but i can tell who's clearly not been fcked around by your employer. I don't like Jamal taking this to instagram, but i have no problem with him being pissed our management. It is bush. Pay him or don't.... but stop fcking around.

I'd agree with the past behavior of the NY Jets, but we have an adult in the GM position now, and if Jamal wanted to be an adult also, I'm sure he could have walked up to the GM and said I'm hearing this or that about trades, what's up. Instead he cried like a baby to his twitter account and made a fuss because his feelings were hurt that he heard JD picked up a phone call. I have no sympathy for JA. I want him to be a rah rah guy on the field and a man off it.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Dcat said:

After year 5 the Jets can franchise tag him for reasonable money so they control him for 3 more years.

18 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

That was a cogent, even handed and well reasoned post. You must have logged on to the wrong forum.

for all of its faults, this forum is the best place to find well reasoned posts on both sides of most issues.  You just have to wade through the sewer to find them and that is one thing that all Jets fans can do...

59 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

After year 5 the Jets can franchise tag him for reasonable money so they control him for 3 more years.

If it comes to that, then phuk-it.  let him go UFA after the 5th year option is done and make sure you balance your adds/drops of UFAs so you get a 3rd or 4th round comp pick.  The last freaking thing I ever want to see is a Franchise Tag situation with that guy.  Revis was no fun and neither will be Adams.  I hope the Jets (code: Woody Johnson & bro) learned a lesson from the Revis fiasco.  If they do it again... then we will all know just how STUPID Woody is with no basis for exception.

10 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I think Adams is having sone fun. This is clearly trolling. 

Maybe JD should dangle a new contract at $5M per season on Twitter.  Just trolling after all.

Goose meet gander.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

That isn't  trolling, that is bad business. 

It's ok for the employees to act like children, it's  not ok for the boss. 

Act like a child in front of your boss, get a salary offer fit for a child

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

When the employee acts like a child, the boss doesn't  do something  to escalate the situation. 

Boy, you must have a really happy workplace. 

I would say the same thing.  If someone is consistently not behaving in a professional way you have no choice but to take some action, otherwise you risk the other staff taking the wrong idea about what is acceptable and what is not.

If the offending behavior persists then there is an escalation path up to and including termination.  Fairly early in that path the employee is not eligible for any salary increase until they have demonstrated changed behaviors.

• Upvote 2

Silly me.  I jumped into the thread assuming Jamal would be talking up one of our rookies.  Denzel Mims, maybe UDFA Lawrence Cager.  I could even understand if he were talking up a guy like Justin Jefferson -- fellow LSU guy.  But CeeDee Lamb,

Cowboy draftee and OU grad.  Did not see that one coming.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, jmat321 said:

At this point I probably be OK with shipping him to cleveland for OBJ.  He would probably love to be here.

Do you really think the delicate little flowers who can’t read an Adams tweet without going off the deep end will be able to deal with OBJ and his antics?

I don’t think so.

Just a thought, but Adams grew up in the Dallas area, correct?

Maybe, just maybe, all this is is him working out there with Lamb and maybe some other players.

He sees what Lamb can do, and compliments him for it in a tweet.

Hilarity then ensues when hand wringing Jets fans react...

Or maybe he’s just trolling the crap out of everyone. Like a boss.

18 minutes ago, jmat321 said:

At this point I probably be OK with shipping him to cleveland for OBJ.  He would probably love to be here.

why would we do that when we have Jamal cheap for this year and reasonably priced for his 5th year option?  Why would we trade one head-case for a far worse head-case who would be a zillion times more costly over the next two years?  Does not compute. 

• Upvote 1