Jamal Adams Strikes Again on Instagram

24 minutes ago, Dcat said:

why would we do that when we have Jamal cheap for this year and reasonably priced for his 5th year option?  Why would we trade one head-case for a far worse head-case who would be a zillion times more costly over the next two years?  Does not compute. 

it would never happen, but wouldn't be upset if it did.  "Far worse headcase" - maybe, but it's pretty clear Jamal doesn't want to be here.  

28 minutes ago, Revis said:

He's a helluva player but the act is getting old.  HE deserves to get paid but he's a child.

Can't wait to see how the Jamal butt sniffers spin this one into "no big deal".

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, JiF said:

I mean, he's right.  

Yeah.  He's also supposed to be a leader and the first person who wants to be in that locker room.  You don't get that role without a declaration of what's most important to you.  Is it the cash?  Because we already saw a defense back who was on the cover of SI and "wanted to be here" then totally check out the moment the grinf got past the point it was worth it. 

A bad contract written off in a couple of years I'd still a load of money.  Which is why I understand why JD wants his team young and hungry  if Jamal is saying "I want to get paid NOW" like jumping up.and down because that's his license.  Oh.  Well that's fine.  It's a long off season.  If hes "I'm sitting out now too."  Then give us your captain's band and get the hell out of here!  We can do this rebuild without you.

3 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

Maybe when his contract is up. But to be making this much noise with 2 years left isn’t a good look, especially to a fan base who got dragged through the Revis garbage. 

He's the 12th highest paid player on the team and he's by far the best.  He's underpaid.  He wants a new contract.  He's out played his current contract.  He has every right to ask for a new one and if the Jets truly did say they were going to go that direction and didnt, I get why he's frustrated.

Props to Jamal...

At this point it’s not even him trolling the delicate flowers anymore o twitter like he’s a boss.

The guy is taking it to new levels, it’s like sport to him now.

*waiting for the mandatory “we don’t have to pay... we can tag him... 3 more years of control... not a leader....” stuff. That’s always fun. ?

2 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

Yeah.  He's also supposed to be a leader and the first person who wants to be in that locker room.  You don't get that role without a declaration of what's most important to you.  Is it the cash?  Because we already saw a defense back who was on the cover of SI and "wanted to be here" then totally check out the moment the grinf got past the point it was worth it. 

A bad contract written off in a couple of years I'd still a --loax of money.  Which is why I understand why JD wants his team young and hungry  if Jamal is saying "I want to get paid NOW" like jumping up.and down because that's his license.  Oh.  Well that's fine.  It's a long off season.  If hes "I'm sitting out now too."  Then give us your captain's band and get the hell out of here!  We can do this rebuild without you.

None of this has anything to do with him having the right to wanting a new contract.  Plenty of leaders in this league have been frustrated with their contract.  

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, JiF said:

None of this has anything to do with him having the right to wanting a new contract.  Plenty of leaders in this league have been frustrated with their contract.  

We all have the right to want more from our employer.

It doesn't make us right.

• Upvote 2

This is getting sad, tbh. To all you softie pushovers that wanna bend over and give BFF Jamal his new contract, pull your head out of Adams ass. All the players he named...CMC, Mahomes, and recently Garrett are all borderline superstar if not straight up superstars.

Jamal is a nice player, not in that class. I don't care that he "outplayed" his contract. If he was drafted #1 overall he would still have "outplayed" his contract, this is a stupid and ridiculous angle to argue. His numbers are inflated because of the absurd amount of blitzes be was sent on. How did his stats look his 1st 2 years, playing a more traditional SS role? Subpar.

He's a ******* safety that doesn't cause turnovers, I liked his at the start of his career but i'm over it, send this loser out of here and let him bitch and moan somewhere else.

2 hours ago, EM31 said:

I would say the same thing.  If someone is consistently not behaving in a professional way you have no choice but to take some action, otherwise you risk the other staff taking the wrong idea about what is acceptable and what is not.

If the offending behavior persists then there is an escalation path up to and including termination.  Fairly early in that path the employee is not eligible for any salary increase until they have demonstrated changed behaviors.

This is totally out of context. Adams is not doing anything he shouldn't  be doing in the workplace but if JD was to react to a tweet in the manner  you are suggesting, then it becomes a workplace  issue. That is what I have been saying. The boss is supposed to know better. 

Great Jamal.  Might want to let the FO know.  They are the one who signs your paycheck.  I'm fine with him sitting out.  I respected Le'veon for sitting out and keeping it in house.  As for the constant whining from Jamal.  I guess I might care if he was my irate prom date whining about being late.  But otherwise, I am just tuning the drama out.  

22 minutes ago, JiF said:

He's the 12th highest paid player on the team and he's by far the best.  He's underpaid.  He wants a new contract.  He's out played his current contract.  He has every right to ask for a new one and if the Jets truly did say they were going to go that direction and didnt, I get why he's frustrated.

By far the best? Using what criteria?

4 minutes ago, slats said:

At this point, I think he’s more interested in shooting himself out of town than he is in getting paid by the Jets. 

And he’s currently scheduled to be the fourth highest paid player on the team next year without them doing a thing with his contract, which they shouldn’t do. It would be bad business and a worse precedent to give him an extension this year. 

I thought I was 12th highest.   And I'm not advocating resigning him, just advocating his right to want a new contract.  Especially if he's telling truth and they had a conversation about it. 

3 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

By far the best? Using what criteria?

By like, being the best player on the team. 

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

You can trick a wizard. It happened repeatedly in Lord of the Rings. The Touk kids clowned Gandalf on the regular. 

david bowie GIF