Jamal Adams Strikes Again on Instagram

It's not what you say it's how you say it. Be strong and make your demands to ownership in private, go for it, that's your right. The moment you start airing your grievances in public and make a scene, which he is seemingly doing more and more, you become a distraction. This can be said of any employee at any business particularly people who are supposed to be leaders. Being a leader doesn't mean you're a martyr doomed to poverty, but it does mean you're supposed to conduct yourself in a particular manner. There is no 'i' in team, and the Jets don't win enough for any Jet to accentuate the 'i' in win. The Jets appeased Revis a couple times and it never worked out because Revis isn't a QB and teams could simply throw to the receiver he wasn't covering because there was no depth due to top heavy contracts and the cap. The same cap which even still in 2020 some refuse to acknowledge as if since they don't like it teams aren't forced to comply with it. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

1 minute ago, JiF said:

I thought I was 12th highest.   And I'm not advocating resigning him, just advocating his right to want a new contract.  Especially if he's telling truth and they had a conversation about it. 

Sure, he's allowed to want a new deal.

Conversations can be misconstrued. JD could've told Jamal that he wants him to be a Jet forever, and Jamal could've taken that to mean a new contract was imminent, when in fact JD had no intention of doing anything right now because Jamal is under contract to be a Jet for the next two years and there's no rush. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, JiF said:

In some cases it does like Jamal Adams 

Well, when he inevitably holds out, I hope your stance is similar to the one you held (and were vocal about) regarding Darelle Revis, who was a far better player at a far more important position:

545D02D5-56B7-4558-98F0-0940FBEFAC46.thumb.jpeg.7cd20be80f5c6f78a143790a9724147b.jpegECA8BBEC-C82F-4F9F-B842-5AA484140E9A.thumb.jpeg.c9a0f7a228f7fcf5a38c86d5f0fa25f8.jpeg70E3D0FC-4D60-42AF-8BFF-87C65DBAE6C9.thumb.png.d45cab0f8da038ebb34e35e39f6e9521.pngE6DBE2A6-913F-4268-B3E5-51D57672354D.jpeg.770145901e35fb09576d13fd958e348e.jpeg3B8C4384-0C02-4FC6-86A7-4ECCFD09050C.jpeg.8c6dec17119c8a453e8eb05ff5e11635.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

13 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Adams has gone from a fan favorite to a despised figure who’s embarrassing himself since the trade deadline

Which is why he was never a favorite of those who saw this coming from day one, which, honestly, should have been everyone who was paying any attention at all.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

14 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And the Jets have the right to refuse, since there are 2 years left on his deal and they don't have to.  So here we are.  Jamal said what we knew he's been waiting to say for months.  "Maybe its time to move on."

If I'm JD I tell Jamal and his agent that they're free to pursue a trade elsewhere and see what comes of it.  Jamal then gets an idea of his market value.  The Jets get an idea of what teams out there are interested and what they'd give up to get him.

Adams needs a reality check, but I tend to wonder how well equipped he is to recognize reality. 

I'd be concerned that by letting him try to find a trade partner on his own, the Jets would be inviting low-ball offers. Adams, no doubt, would also tell his agent to only deal with, "winners," shrinking the size of the potential trade pool. 

It's quiet and boring, but I think JD is playing it right by doing nothing publicly and answering the phone privately.   

• Upvote 4

Good players that land on sh!t teams always feel they have more leverage than they do.  That's what happens when you have back-to-back GM's who never had any drafting/team building skill.  If JD is finally "the man", and can show competence at replacing talent, these "pay me" sideshows eventually disappear...

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You can trick a wizard. It happened repeatedly in Lord of the Rings. The Touk kids clowned Gandalf on the regular. 

How did this make me laugh despite never having seen two seconds of any lord or the rings movies?

20 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Which is why he was never a favorite of those who saw this coming from day one, which, honestly, should have been everyone who was paying any attention at all.

It seems to always happen at least recently, when we want to extend pro pro bowl caliber players. Sheldon, snacks, jamal, revis, anyone im missing? 

32 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And the Jets have the right to refuse, since there are 2 years left on his deal and they don't have to.  So here we are.  Jamal said what we knew he's been waiting to say for months.  "Maybe its time to move on."

If I'm JD I tell Jamal and his agent that they're free to pursue a trade elsewhere and see what comes of it.  Jamal then gets an idea of his market value.  The Jets get an idea of what teams out there are interested and what they'd give up to get him.

Ok, now I'm really confused, and I'll preface that with saying that's not hard to be for me... Are you again no longer on the JA bandwagon... I'm having a hard time keeping up lol...

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, 68JET11 said:

Ok, now I'm really confused, and I'll preface that with saying that's not hard to be for me... Are you again no longer on the JA bandwagon... I'm having a hard time keeping up lol...

I could explain.  But your numerous attempts to find out what happened have been humerous, and it makes me want to continue to leave you in the dark.  lol.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Guilhermezmc said:

Sorry about starting another thread but...

Screenshot_2020-06-18-14-09-34-624_com.instagram.android.jpg

Screenshot_2020-06-18-14-09-30-782_com.instagram.android.jpg

Chiefs are gonna write that check and happily because Mahomes plays QB.  Jamal Adams plays safety. All the whining in the world won't change that. Even if he moves on nobody is writing him that kind of check long term, except may be year to year. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

he's a straight-up clown...

notto be taken seriously

i'lllaugh my ass off when he gets traded to the owrst team we can get something reasonable from....  

Problem with that is bad teams don't trade significant draft capital for a Safety.  They can't afford to give up high picks AND a big contract on a luxury position.

Adams is a luxury.  If he ends up with a bad team it'll only be whenever he's a free agent.

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

He’s stuck here for three more seasons whether he likes it or not.  I’m pretty sure negotiating in public won’t work with this regime.  

Exactly , as we say "He ain't goin nowhere. "  As another poster commented negotiating in the papers will NOT work with JD. His tweet today " Maybe it's time to move on" is asinine . Apparently he doesn't realize that it's NOT up to him unless he'd like to sit out 2 years.  

2 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

This is totally out of context. Adams is not doing anything he shouldn't  be doing in the workplace but if JD was to react to a tweet in the manner  you are suggesting, then it becomes a workplace  issue. That is what I have been saying. The boss is supposed to know better. 

If I went on Twitter or Facebook and slammed my company then they would take action.  Yes this negotiation in the media is detrimental to the team.

3 minutes ago, EM31 said:

If I went on Twitter or Facebook and slammed my company then they would take action.  Yes this negotiation in the media is detrimental to the team.

Yeah and other that theres a huge difference between slamming your company and wanting to get paid to stay employed at your company, you might have something close to a point.

Its amazing how many times the same nonsense gets repeated with regards to wanting to get paid and what exactly that means. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Yeah and other that theres a huge difference between slamming your company and wanting to get paid to stay employed at your company, you might have something close to a point.

Its amazing how many times the same nonsense gets repeated with regards to wanting to get paid and what exactly that means. 

Haha, great to see you back in form. I mean it.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Welcome back buddy

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Problem with that is bad teams don't trade significant draft capital for a Safety.  They can't afford to give up high picks AND a big contract on a luxury position.

Adams is a luxury.  If he ends up with a bad team it'll only be whenever he's a free agent.

true. itsfantastical/vengeful thinking....  although how much vengeance do you need for a clown?

1 hour ago, JiF said:

In some cases it does like Jamal Adams 

He's not right. He's on an existing contract. After it's done he can demand free market value. But if he wants the early security then he would have to bargain on the Jets terms. He has no leverage.

Before someone brings up Mahomes, I imagine there reason KC is getting that done early is to spread the hit and get ahead of the curve since the QB market is inflating quickly.