Jump to content

Kyrie trying to stop the nba season from resuming


Recommended Posts

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/kyrie-irving-led-call-appears-to-put-nba-return-plan-in-further-jeopardy-amid-covid-19-and-social/
 

don’t be shocked if Mr Sensitive KD demands a trade in about a year

 

F466E0B5-95D8-4CCC-9780-5B1A04D455D7.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites

At this point, what’s the purpose of the NBA even trying to finish the ‘19 season? Aside from a money grab and to crown some team with a hollow championship? Same thing with the NHL

Just wait until September or October and start the 20 season.

MLB is reaching the same point very quickly. It’s almost mid June. Best case they won’t start again until late July or August. At this point, why bother?

I love watching sports, it’s probably 80% of what I’d normally watch on television. To be honest though, I haven’t missed it as much as I thought I would.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/13/2020 at 1:48 PM, 14 in Green said:

I love watching sports, it’s probably 80% of what I’d normally watch on television. To be honest though, I haven’t missed it as much as I thought I would.

I haven't missed pro sports much at all.  But missing out on March Madness was a bit of a gut punch.  And College Baseball ending abruptly was the biggest one of all for me, even though its a non-revenue sport.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/13/2020 at 1:48 PM, 14 in Green said:

love watching sports, it’s probably 80% of what I’d normally watch on television. To be honest though, I haven’t missed it as much as I thought I would.

Same. It’s really weird. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I haven't missed pro sports much at all.  But missing out on March Madness was a bit of a gut punch.  And College Baseball ending abruptly was the biggest one of all for me, even though its a non-revenue sport.

Agreed, but I’m a Syracuse fan, and the last game we played was the opening round of the ACC tournament, when we blew out North Carolina.

Great way to end the season.

@playtowinthegame amirite?

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/13/2020 at 1:48 PM, 14 in Green said:

At this point, what’s the purpose of the NBA even trying to finish the ‘19 season? Aside from a money grab and to crown some team with a hollow championship? Same thing with the NHL

Just wait until September or October and start the 20 season.

MLB is reaching the same point very quickly. It’s almost mid June. Best case they won’t start again until late July or August. At this point, why bother?

I love watching sports, it’s probably 80% of what I’d normally watch on television. To be honest though, I haven’t missed it as much as I thought I would.

Fans have been basically extorted by owners/players for a while now. There's an obscene amount of money being made...everyone looks terrible in all of this. If sports don't come back it is what it is at this point. Owners and players both overvalued their self worth and I think fans are starting to see they were getting the shaft. I mean the outright resentment for the fans from ownership groups and even players nowadays is bizarre. I guess when you're that wealthy its increasingly difficult to be appreciative/grounded. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/13/2020 at 6:48 PM, 14 in Green said:

I love watching sports, it’s probably 80% of what I’d normally watch on television. To be honest though, I haven’t missed it as much as I thought I would.

I was saying this too but honestly can't deny I'm excited for the PL to return. I think as it draws closer the emotions return.

Then again with the Jets it'll probably be like a quarter before I'm calling for them to shut the league down. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/16/2020 at 8:44 AM, Irish Jet said:

I was saying this too but honestly can't deny I'm excited for the PL to return. I think as it draws closer the emotions return.

Then again with the Jets it'll probably be like a quarter before I'm calling for them to shut the league down. 

I wish I could share your enthusiasm, but I was really hoping they'd have null and voided the season altogether. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Panzer Division Marduk said:

I wish I could share your enthusiasm, but I was really hoping they'd have null and voided the season altogether. 

I'd have been happy to cancel the sport had it cost those bastards the league tbh.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Panzer Division Marduk said:

And there would have been the added bonus of keeping those Yorkshire sheep molesters out of the Premier League for at least another season.

They play every f*cking game against Utd like it's a CL final too the bastards. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/15/2020 at 5:48 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

I haven't missed pro sports much at all.  But missing out on March Madness was a bit of a gut punch.  And College Baseball ending abruptly was the biggest one of all for me, even though its a non-revenue sport.

Rutgers first actual chance at making the tournament in 30 years and they cancel it

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...