Coronavirus: Ezekiel Elliott, several Cowboys and Texans players test positive for COVID-19, per report

1 hour ago, Kleckineau said:

This report of these players covid status is incomplete and  misleading for the layman. If they simply have tested positive for antibodies its actually a good thing. Fact is the overwhelming majority of persons testing positive will never become sick or exhibit symptoms and minus testing would have never known that they were exposed to someone with covid In response to exposure they develop antibodies and their life goes on uninterrupted. There is a clinical similarity with TB.  Millions (billions?) get exposed and develop the antibodies and never get sick. Saw this over and over during my career including my own positive TB / PPD test years ago. I was never sick from it. We wanted full blown testing we got it. Also I am surprised the media is freely sharing private citizens medical information like this. Unless they have signed some form of release giving them permission to use it it is against the law.

Haven't you been following this board? Either the sky is falling/we're all going to die, or covid is a hoax and we should open the season with the stadiums full.

No quoting facts here.

20 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Why is this concerning? They contracted a fairly contagious virus. People contract viruses all the time. We've heard of a number of professional athletes that had it and none, that i can recall, got sick enough to go to the hospital. That is actually good news. Reinforces the theory that young, healthy people aren't at risk. 
If Zeke was in the hospital on a ventilator, that would be concerning. 

If anything, the Cowboys are lucky a bunch of their players have it now. They are, by most accounts, unlikely to get it again. It would be great news if EVERY Jet player had it with mild to no symptoms, recovered and now had anti-bodies. 

I kind of wish Sam caught it now and went asymptomatic/recovered fully. My fear is he comes down with it week 2...

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, PS17 said:

We'll see. Spain and Italy, the two hardest hit countries in Europe, have their soccer leagues up and running again. The German Bundesliga has been playing for weeks now too. I really hope we can get our sh*t together over the next two months.

There won’t be a vaccine until by the end of this year at the earliest and the infrastructure doesn’t exist to produce and distribute 850 million copies of the vaccine which is what it would take to get us past this 

So we’re looking at no sports for a while

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, varjet said:

To me this is pretty simple:

• Players and anyone who is in contact with players gets tests constantly.  My son's college is opening 8/26, and they will test everyone every other day.  The NFL has more money than Colby College.
  • Add to that temperature testing and symptom monitoring.  
  • Players who are positive get quarantined for 14 days.
  • This is the hard part where it falls apart-the players and anyone in contact with them need to quarantine during the season and wear masks when not playing.  N95 masks.  They cannot be out and about with the general public.  If they want to get paid, they need to really keep this locked down.   The phones are a powerful team, and we will see lots of pictures and videos of misbehaving players.

A player can go to the club and get infected, go on IR and still get paid, and if its isolated that is fine.  But if he gets other players sick and a team breaks down, its on him.  The Jets should move camp to Cortlandt and really try to keep this locked down as much as possible.

I am not optimistic.  

Colby as in Waterville?

5 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

There won’t be a vaccine until by the end of this year at the earliest and the infrastructure doesn’t exist to produce and distribute 850 million copies of the vaccine which is what it would take to get us past this 

I have been hoping for a viable drug therapy which could just remove the prospect of serious complications and/or death.  

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

You mean fans? Because European soccer is back, the PGA tour is back, the NBA returns next month, and the NfL has basically said the season is happening. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Let’s wait and see what happens next month.

If TC gets pushed back, the NFL will join the other major sports trying to balance finding a way to start a season, and convincing the players it’s safe to do so.

My prediction is, November at the earliest.

November 2021

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I was NOT expecting that from Richard Sherman. I agree with him. I think any players/coaches with medical concerns should be allowed to not play/coach while the rest of the league should play and do their best to contain any outbreaks with massive amounts of testing. 

You can't quarantine entire teams every time one player tests positive. You just need to test every player multiple times a week, perhaps every day if there are confirmed cases on the team. 

While we heard that there can be asymptomatic spread it still appears FAR more likely to get it from someone that is symptomatic. If you are testing every day, the likelihood is that you will catch players/coaches before they even get a chance to have symptoms. 

Same here. At least it sounds like he wants to play and compete.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

It feels so good to be in my own bed.  My house.  

Now if I can get my legs back.

But I'm well aware how lucky I am.  

I told you God had different plans for you!!! 

We're going to celebrate the Jets winning the SB together so you aren't going anywhere my friend! :) 

• Sympathy 1

21 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

I told you God had different plans for you!!! 

We're going to celebrate the Jets winning the SB together so you aren't going anywhere my friend! :) 

Thanks Charlie.  We'll celebrate like rock stars when it happens.   God will be so happy for us!

• Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

You dont know how that sounds to someone who caught it and not from the media.  

People are sloppy, they're given an inch they take an arm.  I drove by a bar on the way home from my hospital stay and it was pumped to the gills, people on tables on top of each other, no one with a mask.  

But its extra testing.

Discharged! 

19764641db3f367ad66420132761ea45.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, munchmemory said:

I have been hoping for a viable drug therapy which could just remove the prospect of serious complications and/or death.  

So far no dice with that.  It was thought that hydroxychloriquine was but all studies have shown it to be ineffective 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

The media sucks. The biggest reason for an uptick in Covid-19 cases in Texas and Arizona is greater testing. The reason hospitalizations are up in Arizona is non-Covid patients are now receiving treatment they put off during the height of the spread.

And what’s the reason for people on ventilators quadrupling in Arizona?

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, BallinPB said:

Rapoport says that one of the players who tested positive is Cowboys star running back Ezekiel Elliott. Per Patrik Walker of CBS Sports, Elliott is asymptomatic and doing well.

asymptomatic = a patient is a carrier for a disease or infection but experiences no symptoms.

What a surprise, a young healthy person with COVID is not in the hospital on a respirator.

9 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

You dont know how that sounds to someone who caught it and not from the media.  

People are sloppy, they're given an inch they take an arm.  I drove by a bar on the way home from my hospital stay and it was pumped to the gills, people on tables on top of each other, no one with a mask.  

But its extra testing.

I don't mean to belittle the ordeal you went through but if I'm not mistaken you are over 65 and have a serious preexisting condition. Young healthy people are not at risk.

7 hours ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

And what’s the reason for people on ventilators quadrupling in Arizona?

Please, I'm the wrong person to argue with over COVID-19.  Im in the extreme high rise category and survived when that wasn't guaranteed.

I also dont do internet BS reports as the basis for controversy either.

You want to believe the media is doing this, believe that all you want. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Big_Slick said:

I don't mean to belittle the ordeal you went through but if I'm not mistaken you are over 65 and have a serious preexisting condition. Young healthy people are not at risk.

Youre right and I agree

I did say in the Cowboys thread that 20 somethings, in extremely good shape are different animals and most are free of respiratory issues.  I'm a different animal.

Theyre told, those that arent millionaire like these guys to just go home and deal with the fever.  No drugs, no treatment, no hospital stay....

• Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Please, I'm the wrong person to argue with over COVID-19.  Im in the extreme high rise category and survived when that wasn't guaranteed.

I also dont do internet BS reports as the basis for controversy either.

You want to believe the media is doing this, believe that all you want. 

Other than wishing you to feel better I wasn’t arguing with you at all.  

I quoted someone else (who I disagreed with) who claimed the media sucks and that numbers are going up for other reasons in AZ and asked if that’s the case why did ventilator usage quadruple.  

I have been laying low for close to three months now.