Petition to start a Drink Club (CLOSED)

Hey so most of you probably already know but Max is going to experiment with adding "clubs" to try to provisionally allow but separate political talk from the rest of the JN forum. So when I read that I thought hey why not start another club and that club is for people who love booze. From your favorite local bars to your favorite beer and everything inbetween. If it has to do with alcohol it's welcome in this club. Oh but the club doesn't exist yet. I asked Max if we could have it and because he's a good guy he already seemed inclined to grant my request but I'd like to show him there is some actual interest so if you are interested in joining a JetNation Drink Club where we talk about drinks and stuff please post here that you would like to sign the petition and I'll add you to the list and in...let's say a weeks time (6/22) I'll take the list of names to Max to show him how much interest there is. P.S. If you're signing please clearly state so, sometimes it can be hard to interpret what people mean.

b89pKuf.png

FAQ

Q: Why not just make a thread in the lounge?

A: Well drinking is a very broad category and a Club would allow us to have multiple threads so people can discuss their favorite wine at the same time they're posting pictures of their home bars and also arguing about whether beer at a Football game is worth buying or not. Also, if Max is going to implement these clubs I figure why not use them right? I think it would kind of suck if he invested the time (and money?) into doing this just for a group of people to talk about one thing. If he's investing in this let's try to make it worth it!

Petitioners

1. Nolder

2. Barry McCockinner

3. BallinPB

4. ljr

5. Stark

Just start a drinking thread here?  This is what the Lounge is for.  There's a Music thread ("What are you listening to right now?) and Video Games thread that have been going on for some time.

Clubs will be for topics that are difficult to have on JN without getting threads locked.  You'd have to work real hard to get a drinking thread locked.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

3 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

You can put my name on the petition. Not because I think this is a good idea, or that I want to be in the club. I just feel bad for how miserably this has gone.

ditto.  It's quite sad so I will join you Nolder.  

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, New York Mick said:

You have to be bored as ****

Very.

Also I am genuinely enthusiastic about the subject. For example I'm about 2/3 through reading Smuggler's Cove: Exotic cocktails, Rum, And the cult of Tiki. The history of Rum is a lot more interesting and varied than I thought I knew before reading it. After I finish it I have another book already lined up called Imbibe!

Just now, Nolder said:

Very.

Also I am genuinely enthusiastic about the subject. For example I'm about 2/3 through reading Smuggler's Cove: Exotic cocktails, Rum, And the cult of Tiki. The history of Rum is a lot more interesting and varied than I thought I knew before reading it. After I finish it I have another book already lined up called Imbibe!

Check out my first proposed name for the club above.  The gods have intervened!

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

You can put my name on the petition. Not because I think this is a good idea, or that I want to be in the club. I just feel bad for how miserably this has gone.

Thanks man. I appreciate that.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Just start a drinking thread here?  This is what the Lounge is for.  There's a Music thread ("What are you listening to right now?) and Video Games thread that have been going on for some time.

Both subjects which could branch off into being clubs! Look I know why single topic threads existed in the Lounge. Max wasn't going to make a subforum for every passing hobby. But now he's going to implement the clubs (it may not even last who knows) and I figure why not make it worth it and actually use them if he's already going through the trouble anyway? Do you really want it to just be a system to bitch about Trump and Biden and Antifa and Proud Boy Nazis and BLM and Covid and all that other sh*t and that's it? Well not me. I got plenty to say about booze and if there's enough interest I hope to make it into a club here. And, if not, well maybe I will just make a thread who knows. For now I'm dreaming big though. 

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Clubs will be for topics that are difficult to have on JN without getting threads locked.  You'd have to work real hard to get a drinking thread locked.  

It doesn't have to be that way!

On 6/16/2020 at 12:13 PM, Barry McCockinner said:

+1

So, I can't guarantee this but I'm thinking 10 people should be sufficient grounds to establish this club and we can continue to grow from there. But if this is going to happen we definitely need to hit at least 10 people. Anyone else out there want to talk booze with friends? Is it time to call in the big guns and start asking my BFF mafia buddies if they'd like to join? lol

14 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Why do you need a club?  Go put it in the lounge. 

**** Trump, **** Biden, **** Bill and Hillary and Obama, Bush and Romney too. Global Warming is a hoax 9/11 was an inside job and clean coal is a myth. Abortion is murder and so is meat. Guns are cool and Starbucks is for pussies. Stand for the flag and kneel before god. Black Lives Matter, viva la raza, and love is love.

Can I have a club now?

• Haha 1