Discuss Which Jets Owner/GM/HC Was Behind These QB Draft Choices

4 hours ago, THE BARON said:

Thank you for the compelling tid-bits here.  I was not aware that Mr. Coffee was on the sideline holding on to his pecker while Heimerdinger and Ballard made it happen.   

Yup.  One mistake:  It was Ed Dodds he met with to discuss trade over drinks, then he finalized the deal with Ballard.  Either way, Macc deserves zero credit for the mechanics of the deal getting hammered out.  It was all Heimerdinger, and Macc merely said "OK."

https://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/295193/green-day-jets-blockbuster-trade-with-colts-still-resonates-a-year-later

So one night in mid-January, vice president of player personnel Brian Heimerdinger met with his Colts counterpart at the Senior Bowl in Mobile. Sitting at a hotel bar, he told Ed Dodds they might be interested in the third pick.

That night, on the drive home, Heimerdinger phoned Dodds and told him they wanted to talk trade. 

Heimerdinger and Colts GM Chris Ballard finalized the trade on Saturday morning, March 17.

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yup.  One mistake:  It was Ed Dodds he met with to discuss trade over drinks, then he finalized the deal with Ballard.  Either way, Macc deserves zero credit for the mechanics of the deal getting hammered out.  It was all Heimerdinger, and Macc merely said "OK."

https://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/295193/green-day-jets-blockbuster-trade-with-colts-still-resonates-a-year-later

Thanks for the correction regarding Dodds.  This is one I intend to pass on,  I'm glad all the facts are in line now.  

• Upvote 1