Giants kicker Aldrick Rosas arrested for alleged hit-and-run accident

Giants kicker Aldrick Rosas arrested for alleged hit-and-run accident: Here are the details

Updated 2:20 PM; Today 1:16 PM 
2019 Pro Bowl

Giants kicker Aldrick Rosas has been arrested following a hit-and-run car accident.AP

Another Giants player is in trouble with the law.

Kicker Aldrick Rosas was arrested on Monday, per TMZ, after an alleged hit-and-run that might’ve involved alcohol.

“We are aware of the situation and have been in contact with Aldrick," the Giants told NJ Advance Media in a statement. "We have no further comment at this time.”

Per TMZ, Rosas allegedly was going around 100 miles per hour and driving erratically around 8:25 a.m. in Chico, Calif., when he failed to stop at a red light. He then, per TMZ, proceeded to plow straight into the side of a truck at an intersection and then kept driving. Alcohol might’ve been involved, per TMZ, but an investigation is ongoing.

Rosas’ car, per the report, broke down shortly after the crash and once officers arrived on scene they saw him walking near the crash site where his hands, legs and feet were covered in blood.

Per TMZ, Rosas was then taken to a nearby medical center before eventually being booked in Butte County Jail.

Rosas, 25, was a restricted free agent this offseason but signed a $3.2 million tender to keep him with the Giants for the 2020 season. He was a Pro Bowler in 2018 but struggled in 2019, missing five field goals and four extra points.

Rosas’ arrest comes as the Giants have been dealing with a legal issue surrounding cornerback DeAndre Baker, who was arrested last month and charged with armed robbery and aggravated assault in Florida. Baker was asked to stay away from the team as it conducted virtual meetings over the last few weeks so he could focus on dealing with his legal issues. Baker’s case has yet to be resolved.

100 mph & alcohol.  Awww, that's nothing.  Now how about clocking 143 mph in your Bentley., while racing with another vehicle.  With two guns under the floor mats, burnt weed and a 12 year old in the back. Sheldum has the kicker beat.  

But if we add this Giants kicker to the former one who was suspended and  subsequently released for spousal abuse and domestic violence. When combined, the Giants kickers> Sheldumb.  But then ther is Herndon......

• Upvote 2

My brother and I were hit by someone who fled the scene. She was swerving in and out of traffic and hit us between the rear tire and the read passenger door. We flipped over. Almost killed us. She got two tickets. One for careless driving, one for fleeing the scene. And her insurance paid nothing toward the totaled car. 

Guess what state this happened in.

24 minutes ago, Legend Killa7 said:

I tell ya: every time I hear a story about one of these classy giants, it always brings a smile to my face!

I know right? Remember the time one of them got a DWI going the wrong way in a tunnel?

Oh, wait....

11 hours ago, Legend Killa7 said:

I tell ya: every time I hear a story about one of these classy giants, it always brings a smile to my face!

9 hours ago, Legend Killa7 said:

Yeah you go, girl! Point is: Jets fans don’t walk around acting like they are the Yankees. Midgets fans do. Always have to hear them talking about their “classy giants” and how they would never get a dwi, etc.

My, how the times have changed! These aren’t your Daddy’s giants! The days of genuflecting in the end zone have been replaced by getting down on all fours and lifting your leg! Classy!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Ah, so the problem was a “you” problem”, huh? Your feelings get hurt when another team’s fan teases you... now I get it.

Heres the thing though. I’m pretty sure Giants fans have been pretty quiet the last few years, as bad as they’ve been.

If you’ve been harboring bruised feelings since their last Super Bowl though, as I said, that’s a “you” issue that you’ll have to deal with.

Learn to be a little more secure in your own skin. You’ll lead a happier life.

im curious about one thing though. You made fun of a Giant “peeing like a dog” in the end zone. What was your opinion on Ivory wiping his as* with the football two years ago?

7 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Whats the team your a fan of again?

Maybe I’m just a little different type of fan than the two of you.

When I see a story like this, my first reaction is thank god nobody was seriously hurt. My second is to feel empathy for a young person making a mistake which will cost him dearly, even if no one was hurt.

It isn’t, and hopefully never will be to make fun of the fans he plays for. Making dumb mistakes at a young age isn’t something Jets players are immune to.

10 minutes ago, MindOverMatter said:

You find empathy to people who lost loved ones, are battling cancer, or a number of othet situations that are out of our hands. Empathy should not be given to someone sh*t faced at 8AM, speeding through lights doing 100mph.  On top of him leaving the scene, all benefit of the doubt and empathy is out the window IMO. But hey that's just me, i guess i'm a different type of fan too.

I get what you’re saying, and you’re right.

My main point though is, those are the things I think of first. I never think to make fun of the team the guy plays for. I think it’s foolish when people do, and I like to call them out for doing it, then listen to them try to justify it.

Its so silly to me when a fan does that. Every team, in every sport, has guys who screw up like that. It’s not like we haven’t had our share of them. 

34 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I get what you’re saying, and you’re right.

My main point though is, those are the things I think of first. I never think to make fun of the team the guy plays for. I think it’s foolish when people do, and I like to call them out for doing it, then listen to them try to justify it.

Its so silly to me when a fan does that. Every team, in every sport, has guys who screw up like that. It’s not like we haven’t had our share of them. 

Yeah, i know what you mean. But, just like every team has a player doing dumb sh*t, that behavior is not reserved for the players only, the fans say and do plenty of dumb sh*t as well. The difference is, players are apparent "professional's" and should be held to a higher standard than the average Joe drinking Miller Light watching his favorite team. The Jets have no shortage of mishaps and mistakes over the past few decades, that doesn't stop me from giving a hard time to other fans.

What are they going to do? Hurt me more than the Jets? Yeah right.

1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

Ah, so the problem was a “you” problem”, huh? Your feelings get hurt when another team’s fan teases you... now I get it.

Heres the thing though. I’m pretty sure Giants fans have been pretty quiet the last few years, as bad as they’ve been.

If you’ve been harboring bruised feelings since their last Super Bowl though, as I said, that’s a “you” issue that you’ll have to deal with.

Learn to be a little more secure in your own skin. You’ll lead a happier life.

im curious about one thing though. You made fun of a Giant “peeing like a dog” in the end zone. What was your opinion on Ivory wiping his as* with the football two years ago?

Maybe I’m just a little different type of fan than the two of you.

When I see a story like this, my first reaction is thank god nobody was seriously hurt. My second is to feel empathy for a young person making a mistake which will cost him dearly, even if no one was hurt.

It isn’t, and hopefully never will be to make fun of the fans he plays for. Making dumb mistakes at a young age isn’t something Jets players are immune to.

No we aren’t immune to drafting idiots. It’s not what I’d call a mistake though. I’m hoping our new GM has taken more due diligence than that last two idiots we employed. 

You sure are a different kind of fan, and you’ve still not disclosed which team your a fan of ? 

• Sympathy 1

19 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

We get it.  The Jets suck.  We don't need people who root for our own team constantly reminding us of that every time we want to make fun of another team or a player on another team.  No one likes that guy, ever.

Just scroll on past if it bothers you that Jets fans make fun of  teams and players other than the Jets on a Jets board.  

14 in Greenin every thread whining and moaning that we didn’t end up with the Angry Midget at QB

• Haha 1