"I encourage a team to sign Colin Kaepernick" - Roger Goodell

34 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I believe the truth, yes.  CK started the kneeling because he lost his starting job after over-valuing himself and demanding a trade.  Had he remained a starter, no kneeling.  It was a look-at-me moment for a player who knew his career was over.

The NFL is making a gesture to appease the mob, they aren't begging for forgiveness. 

Christopher Johnson, Jerry Jones, and several other owners showed complete support for racial issues when they stood arm in arm with their teams before the anthem.  

That's what should matter to you.

SAR I

The NFL is on their knees begging at the feet of their players, begging for them to forgive them for how badly they screwed this up and the huge opportunity they missed and you're still over here trying to change the narrative and shift the focus and oh lookie, the use of the word "mob".  lmfao.  I was hoping this might actually have an impact but the ignorant stay ignorant, I guess. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

35 minutes ago, OCCH23 said:

This is a good take.  99.9% of players who knelt are still in the NFL, regardless of color, position, or salary.  Perhaps there's more to this Kap thing than the color of his skin?

Tough one, no doubt . . .

whoa, nobody said anything about the color of his skin but man is it beautiful when you all just come out and identify yourselves.  Rather than hiding behind your hood. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3
  • Post of the Week 1

53 minutes ago, SAR I said:

kP.jpg

I draw your attention to the games started column.  He was a 2-year wonder.  He was essentially an injured version of Mark Sanchez, and I don't recall you supporting Mark Sanchez to this extent despite his superior credentials and you being a Jets fan. 

SAR I

Some of his bad years are better than Sanchez's best.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

kP.jpg

I draw your attention to the games started column.  He was a 2-year wonder.  He was essentially an injured version of Mark Sanchez, and I don't recall you supporting Mark Sanchez to this extent despite his superior credentials and you being a Jets fan. 

SAR I

Sanchez is a career 57% passer with more ints than TDs. Bringing him up only hurts your credibility on two fronts. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, JiF said:

"Well, listen, if he wants to resume his career in the NFL, then obviously it's going to take a team to make that decision," Goodell said. "But I welcome that, support a club making that decision and encourage them to do that."

This is lip service. He's got the excuse for Kaep not playing right there in his welcoming statement. 

I don't know if Kaep wants to play anymore, or if he's still good enough three years later, but I don't expect him to play either way. 

9 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Some of his bad years are better than Sanchez's best.

Doesn't matter, does it? 

The point is that this guy was not some great NFL quarterback whose career was tragically cut short by racism; this guy was a middling, injured, below-average quarterback who was angry that he lost his starting job, threatened to leave the team that drafted and invested $43,000,000 in him, demanded a trade, and lost his job in the preseason to another player.

This happens to about 1,000 of the 1,700 NFL players every single year.  Only none of them made $43 million dollars in the process.

SAR I

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

hasn't this dead horse been beaten enough.  kapernick was never that good in the first place. 

by any measure he's better than Nathan Peterman still employed by LVR

this is America a man deserves to be able to pursue employment without being blackballed

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Doesn't matter, does it? 

The point is that this guy was not some great NFL quarterback whose career was tragically cut short by racism; this guy was a middling, injured, below-average quarterback who was angry that he lost his starting job, 

we can quibble about where "below average" is on the Mendoza line

but Kaep WAS a QB? 

he's 32

Vinny Testaverde played QB until he was 50 years old 

Kaep can be a backup and all this talk about "distraction" is in fact a distraction from the FACT the league blackballed this player (and continues to do so)

this is not an opinion the NFL settled a 10 million dollar lawsuit with Kaep over the blackballing. They had Houston owner McNair's terrible text messages

it's not like imaginary there are about 60-75 QB jobs  and Kaep is still within the top 75 QBs alive. He's arguably top 30.

again, Nathan Peterman. 

this player was denied the right to make a living because he protested

whether you agree with the subject of the protest or not, this is America and free speech is in fact protected 

even when you work for the NFL 

put it another way Tim Tebow exercised his free speech to promote his church etc

it was just free speech the league approved of 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

7 minutes ago, slats said:

Sanchez is a career 57% passer with more ints than TDs. Bringing him up only hurts your credibility on two fronts. 

My point is that Kaepernick and Sanchez are the same player.  Same playoff record.  Same two-good-seasons-and-done.  Same flirting with a Super Bowl on talented and well-balanced teams.  Same awful flameout when the team talent and coaching went south. 

Since JiF disregards Sanchez, he should be disregarding Kaepernick on the same grounds.  They are essentially the same player. 

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

3 minutes ago, OCCH23 said:

LOL perfect response.  Someone disagrees with you, MUST be racist, amirite?

Maybe you could enlighten me as to why you feel he's being "blackballed"?  Or is it just easier to cast HORRIBLY DISGUSTING dispersions at someone, knowing you'll get away with it because of the wonderful double standard we're currently living with?

Oh this rhetoric?  Ugh.  Look back, who brought up race?  You can raise your hand now.  I dont think you actually need an explanation because I'm quite confident you've heard it before and refuse to to hear it.  Hence your uncalled for post making this conversation about race. 

Meanwhile, the NFL is on it's knees asking for forgiveness because they see the clear errors in their ways and it's a beautiful day for those of us who heard the message when it's was first delivered.  I guess if you never wanted to hear it, you never will but it's a wonderful thing seeing the NFL admit they were flat out wrong.

7 minutes ago, slats said:

This is lip service. He's got the excuse for Kaep not playing right there in his welcoming statement. 

I don't know if Kaep wants to play anymore, or if he's still good enough three years later, but I don't expect him to play either way. 

Maybe but that's why I said in my OP, he should put his money where is mouth is and hire him. 

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

Oh this rhetoric?  Ugh.  Look back, who brought up race?  You can raise your hand now.  I dont think you actually need an explanation because I'm quite confident you've heard it before and refuse to to hear it.  Hence your uncalled for post making this conversation about race. 

Meanwhile, the NFL is on it's knees asking for forgiveness because they see the clear errors in their ways and it's a beautiful day for those of us who heard the message when it's was first delivered.  I guess if you never wanted to hear it, you never will but it's a wonderful thing seeing the NFL admit they were flat out wrong.

I brought up race because you've made your stance crystal clear throughout this site -- it wasn't exactly a huge leap.

But that's OK, you just keep accusing people of being part of the KKK while you pout in the corner wondering why no one wants to listen to you . . .

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, SAR I said:

My point is that Kaepernick and Sanchez are the same player.  Same playoff record.  Same two-good-seasons-and-done.  Same flirting with a Super Bowl on talented and well-balanced teams.  Same awful flameout when the team talent and coaching went south. 

Since JiF disregards Sanchez, he should be disregarding Kaepernick on the same grounds.  They are essentially the same player. 

SAR I

My point is that Kaep is decidedly better than Sanchez. His passing numbers are significantly better, as are his rushing numbers. He got further in the playoffs than Sanchez, Mark's only real claim to fame. There's nothing that Sanchez did better than Kaep on a football field, except maybe buttfumble. 

Sanchez is out of football because he wasn't any good. That's not why Kaepernick's out. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

7 minutes ago, bitonti said:

by any measure he's better than Nathan Peterman still employed by LVR

this is America a man deserves to be able to pursue employment without being blackballed

Dude, these guys watched Luke Faulk on this team last year and are like but yeah, Colin isnt good enough to be in the league.  lmfao  I mean, its like a child with their fingers in their ears squeezing their eyes closed ss tight as they can and screaming aaaaaaahhhhhhhhh.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, slats said:

My point is that Kaep is decidedly better than Sanchez. His passing numbers are significantly better, as are his rushing numbers. He got further in the playoffs than Sanchez, Mark's only real claim to fame. There's nothing that Sanchez did better than Kaep on a football field, except maybe buttfumble. 

Sanchez is out of football because he wasn't any good. That's not why Kaepernick's out. 

Your point is wrong.  Statistics don't matter as much as team performance does, some of Joe Namath's best season's he was a turnover machine and an enigma to his teammates, stats aren't the full story, its a smokescreen.

As a starter, Colin Kaepernick ended the 2014 season on a 1-5 collapse.  In 2015 he went 2-6.  In 2016 he went 1-10.  That's a record of 4-21 in his last 3 seasons.

My God, he was blackballed!  How on Earth could 32 teams not want an injured quarterback who went south as soon as he got his big contract and won 4 games in his last 3 seasons?   Impossible!  4-21 he deserved a starting job at a starters salary!

Be real.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

Colin Kaepernick is most certainly capable of being a top 64 QB in the league.  Anyone who says otherwise is clouded by hatred. 

If you want to say "Yes, he's capable of being an NFL 2nd string QB, but I don't like him and think the NFL should continue blackballing him", or "he's not worth the distraction" at least you'd be debating this in good faith.  But people aren't actually doing that.  

• Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, OCCH23 said:

I brought up race because you've made your stance crystal clear throughout this site -- it wasn't exactly a huge leap.

But that's OK, you just keep accusing people of being part of the KKK while you pout in the corner wondering why no one wants to listen to you . . .

Nah, dog, you went there and hood didnt mean KKK,  you tripin

• WTF? 1

13 minutes ago, JiF said:

Dude, these guys watched Luke Faulk on this team last year and are like but yeah, Colin isnt good enough to be in the league.  lmfao  I mean, its like a child with their fingers in their ears squeezing their eyes closed ss tight as they can and screaming aaaaaaahhhhhhhhh

Colin Kaepernick hasn't picked up a football or hit a gym since 2016.  

He finished his career on a 4-21 collapse.

And you're fighting for him to be Mr. Please Hire Me As Your Backup?  LOLOLOLOL.

Look at Mark Sanchez instead.  He's in better shape.  His last 25 games he finished on a 10-15 run as a starter.  I'd say that makes him a better candidate.  You're fighting for the wrong guy.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

11 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Nathan Peterman is 26 years old and entering his 3rd season.

Colin Kaepernick is 32 years old, hasn't played in 3 seasons, only was a starter for 3 years before that, and in his last 19 starts had a record of 3-16.

Blackballing?  The guy isn't any good.  There have been dozens of NFL players far more outspoken than Kaepernick in the last 3 years, Jamal Adams included, and none of them have been 'blackballed'.  How about Kaepernick's career was over and instead of taking his $43,000,000 and buying a few houses he decided to have a hissy fit disguised as a 'protest'?  Because that's what actually happened.

SAR I

Remember when you said Geno Smith would be blackballed from the league and that no team would sign him after the NY Jets released him? 

Good times!

https://www.upi.com/Sports_News/NFL/2020/05/14/Veteran-QB-Geno-Smith-returning-to-Seattle-Seahawks-on-one-year-contract/9191589507755/

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 68JET11 said:

So as not to appear that I am one side or the other, my thoughts are that if the NFL had a rule that every player must stand for the National Anthem, then they also have the right to fire anyone who chooses to break those rules. Anyone who is not self employed and works for a company knows there are rules that govern that company. It's your right to break them at your own risk, or choose to work for another company, but it's also their right to fire you if you don't follow those rules. 

On the other hand if the NFL did not have a rule that stated you must stand for the National Anthem, then Kap had every right to kneel in protest of his views, just as you have every right as a consumer to choose whether you want to support, or watch the NFL.  

Freedom of Speech in this county is a first amendment right. Nobody, has the right to take that away, not google, not facebook, twitter or anyone. There used to be a time in this country in the 60's when many people fought to keep those rights. Now it seems those same people want to limit or completely take them away. Simply unacceptable.

The NBA has had such a rule.  You do have to stand for the anthem.  But they actively allow their players to protest, speak out, or participate in activism in other ways.

The NBA handled this specific issue correctly.  Obviously, its a player-driven league far more than the NFL, so they HAD to handle it properly.  But the NFL couldn't have bungled the kneeling item more from the start, just like they bungle everything else.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Colin Kaepernick is most certainly capable of being a top 64 QB in the league.  Anyone who says otherwise is clouded by hatred. 

Do you believe Mark Sanchez is a Top 64 QB in the league?  Do you believe that 32 NFL teams are wrong by not offering him a backup role on their team?

If you don't, you're quite a hypocrite.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Remember when you said Geno Smith would be blackballed from the league and that no team would sign him after the NY Jets released him? 

Good times!

https://www.upi.com/Sports_News/NFL/2020/05/14/Veteran-QB-Geno-Smith-returning-to-Seattle-Seahawks-on-one-year-contract/9191589507755/

He also ignores the millions that Kaepernick has devoted to the cause.

Coming from a guy who always brags about his wealth on this board, that's rich.  I wonder who HE could be helping with the money he spends on his 3 BMWs?

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Your point is wrong.  Statistics don't matter as much as team performance does, some of Joe Namath's best season's he was a turnover machine and an enigma to his teammates, stats aren't the full story, its a smokescreen.

As a starter, Colin Kaepernick ended the 2014 season on a 1-5 collapse.  In 2015 he went 2-6.  In 2016 he went 1-10.  That's a record of 4-21 in his last 3 seasons.

My God, he was blackballed!  How on Earth could 32 teams not want an injured quarterback who went south as soon as he got his big contract and won 4 games in his last 3 seasons?   Impossible!  4-21 he deserved a starting job at a starters salary!

Be real.

SAR I

Cool stance. 

Mark is great, and I can demonstrate that because stats don't matter, team performance does. What a joke! 

Kaepernick got his team to the Super Bowl, and was a catalyst for that. Not like Sanchez, along for the AFCCG ride. 

Your revisionist history claims regarding his obvious black-balling is probably what's going to get this thread locked. I agree that he wasn't a great QB, and maybe a backup role would've been good for him. But he was a borderline starter when he was first out of the league, meaning that he was better than more than half the QBs in the league at the time. At least. Losing a starting job, sure. Even Sanchez managed a couple gigs after the Jets, and that guy sucked! Geno Smith is still working, too. 

You have no factual basis for this claim of yours. Not even any circumstantial evidence. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

Good times!

Geno Smith is proof-positive that the NFL doesn't blackball anyone based on behavior, beliefs, or skin color.  The NFL wants good players at all positions.  

Colin Kaepernick was half the quarterback Mark Sanchez was in his last 25 games; why you not crying for that ex-quarterback, you know, the one that was Geno's teammate?

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

8 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Do you believe Mark Sanchez is a Top 64 QB in the league?  Do you believe that 32 NFL teams are wrong by not offering him a backup role on their team?

If you don't, you're quite a hypocrite.

SAR I

No, I actually don't think Mark Sanchez is a top 64 QB in the league.  The last time he was a QB2 in the league was in 2015 with the Eagles, when he beat out Matt Barkley for the job. 

From 2016-18, he was a 3rd stringer for 4 different franchises:

• Denver (2016):  He couldn't beat out Trevor Siemian or Paxton Lynch in Denver, so he ended up a 3rd string QB there before being cut. 
  • Dallas (2016):  He was behind Dak Prescott and Tony Romo, so he was a 3rd stringer there. 
  • Chicago (2017):  He was behind Trubisky and Glennon. 
  • Washington (2018):  He ended up behind Alex Smith and Colt McCoy.

If you're considered a 3rd string QB by 4 different franchises and then find yourself out of the league, that puts you outside of the top 64 QBs.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, JiF said:

Nah, dog, you went there and hood didnt mean KKK,  you tripin

To be honest I apologize if that's not what you meant -- that's certainly how I took it.

Of course, you're also making assumptions about someone who has devoted the last 26 years of his life educating inner-city kids, but I know that doesn't fit in your convenient agenda, so we'll let that slide . . .

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He also ignores the millions that Kaepernick has devoted to the cause.

Coming from a guy who always brags about his wealth on this board, that's rich.  I wonder who HE could be helping with the money he spends on his 3 BMWs?

What I pay in taxes every year for the last 35 years, believe me, I'm doing more than my fair share.

But since you're asking, if I were paid $43,000,000 for two years worth of work worthy of that amount I'd donate a ton of it to charity.  What's Colin given so far?  From what I read, it's around $1 million.  Big number for people like you and me; chump-change for an ex-NFL player.

SAR I

• Upvote 1