"I encourage a team to sign Colin Kaepernick" - Roger Goodell

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Joe Flacco - 12 seasons, lifetime record 98-73, over 40,000 passing yards (8x over 3,000, 6x over 3,500, 1x over 4,000), 218-141 TD:INT ratio, 6x Playoff QB, 1x Super Bowl QB (Winner), 1x Super Bowl MVP.

Colin Kaep - 6 seasons, lifetime record 28-30, over 12,000 passing yards (only 2x season over 3,000 yards, barely), 72-30 TD:INT ratio, 2x Playoffs QB, 1x Super Bowl QB (Loser).

What is your basis for Kape being "more qualified" than Flacco?  I'm legit curious.

I can see you point if you say Kap hasn't played in 4 seasons. But Flacco is coming off a serious neck injury and might not be available for opening day. And his play has gone down. Last time Kap played he wasn't bad after being benched he came back and his last season improved. IMO Flacco got paid off of one SB W and wasn't that good afterwards. While I'm glad he's here because Joe is a lot better than we had last season and can obviously start imo Kap right now is a better Qb. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Terrible that now we are supposed to just accept disrespecting the flag, country, and troops because some idiots decided to kneel during the anthem.  We stand because of those who died holding it up.

Just because you decide to kneel for police brutality, inequality or whatever reason doesn't change the fact that you are wrong for doing it during the anthem. And just because of bunch of rich athlete thinks it cool, it isn't.

Kaepernick wasn't that great and shouldn't get signed. Besides he would have already been signed if he didn't walk around Miami wearing the che guevara crap or talk smack to ownership in BAL. He doubt he want to even play, he already made his money from all this. 

The flag doesn't mean the same to you as it does for others.  And the man who suggested to Kaepernick that he should kneel rather than sit for the anthem in the first place was Nate Boyer, a former active-duty green beret.  

You can say kneeling has no place in the anthem.  I can argue that the anthem doesn't really need to happen just before an athletic event in the first place.  That is a relatively recent idea (1916, ordered by Woodrow Wilson).  

I love America.  I don't love forced patriotism or systemic racism.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Maxman said:

This will be in the off topic club. There will be an opt-in option. Too many people are fighting, too many people are posting politics. So we are keeping the main site Jets related. And things like this will be tested out in the club feature.

Link coming soon.

It's a Trap!" at the Cross-Section of Memes, Parody, and Fandom Legacy

Ban hammer Memes

MEET THE PARENTS/MEET THE FOCKERS Blu-ray Review | Parental ...

• Haha 1