Baseball close to 60 game deal

Maxman

Encouraging news today. There were close, they weren't close, they were close again. Now they have a deal, wait no, no deal they have a proposal. 

Hopefully it will all be wrapped up by Friday, it looks like good progress was made today for sure.

Bring back baseball.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Owners now propose 100% prorated pay.  This is what the MLBPA wanted right?  Oh it’s time to find something new to hold the deal up

D926A1A4-54B9-43A0-B079-E7696D7FE612.jpeg

eyWJslA-_bigger.jpg

Worth noting: MLB’s last offer to the players maxed out at $1.5 billion. The money over a 60-game season at full pro rata: $1.5 billion. If there’s a deal to be done, it is going to be for more than 60 games. Union will counter higher. And somewhere in the middle is the season.
  • Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

*opens twitter*

“where and when!!!” Tweets Major League Baseball player

*throws phone*

*lays back on pool float, in a pool with waterfall, in a 12K sq ft mansion, surrounded by impossibly hot women”

That’s my biggest issue with the players. They say when and where but then they proceed to turn down proposals. 

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I'm at the who gives a sh*t point, but the level to which pro athletes bitch and moan in this era is exhausting. Owners own the team. Life isnt fair. You are impossibly wealthy already. Previous eras paved the way for you to be stupid rich. You were born with gifts the common Joe would kill for. Go play the stupid game and take your prorated millions.

These guys are all so spoiled now. Hell we had athletes leave their pro sports to fight in WW2. Could you imagine if America had a draft again and we had to rely on these softies to defend our country? We’d be in huge trouble. 

• Upvote 2

70 game season with 16 teams making the playoffs or some crap like that.

That's moronic, I could give a crap.  Whatever team wins that WS will have a huge * next to it.   Between teams cheating in the WS, and now this, I could give a crap.   What really sucks is how many people are affected by this.   Restaurants near stadiums, people who work part time in stadiums, employees of the teams.

The owners and players, screw them.  The other people getting hurt sucks.

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Pro athletes liking their time off more than playing is what’s happening. Game of chicken with all the pro leagues in terms of who goes first. I hope the leagues die at this point. 

Don’t worry Matt39.  The way these dumb jocks live their bank accounts will dry up soon enough they will wish they accepted the 80% offer 

14 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Don’t worry Matt39.  The way these dumb jocks live their bank accounts will dry up soon enough they will wish they accepted the 80% offer 

Watch any professional sport.  In 10 years you will have more money than most of the players on the field.  Amazing number of them live paycheck to paycheck.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, chirorob said:

Watch any professional sport.  In 10 years you will have more money than most of the players on the field.  Amazing number of them live paycheck to paycheck.

It makes you admire the pro athletes who do manage their money well

39 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

It makes you admire the pro athletes who do manage their money well

Espn 30 for 30 did one years ago, called "Broke"

Amazing how many go broke, in all sports.   Then again, most people who win the lottery are bankrupt within a few years.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

A 60 game schedule would be great.  I'm all for a short season.  Sounds like too many teams are going to make the playoffs though.  That would be annoying.

It’s a way to get tv revenue up to compensate for the overall loss of revenue 

I liked the plan for 6 teams which was sorta similar to the nfl playoffs.  Top 2 seeds get a bye

16 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Two spring facilities have already had breakouts. Pushing this seems silly at this point. 

Wait til all the nfl training camps have outbreaks

NBA will also be an S show.  All the stars will have different rules and get to go out every night and will infect everyone 

I'm going to be really honest here but I am super disappointed in how we as a society are reacting to this pandemic on multiple levels. It just seems extremely short-sighted and spoiled to push for organized sports. We as a society can go without baseball and football for a season to ensure that society as a whole can continue safely.

If one concessions worker or janitor dies the owner and commissioner should be charged with murder.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

On 6/20/2020 at 1:32 PM, Arsis said:

I'm going to be really honest here but I am super disappointed in how we as a society are reacting to this pandemic on multiple levels. It just seems extremely short-sighted and spoiled to push for organized sports. We as a society can go without baseball and football for a season to ensure that society as a whole can continue safely.

If one concessions worker or janitor dies the owner and commissioner should be charged with murder.

F89CC038-0E3D-41FA-B391-13E6E0F7CA33.jpeg.20ac0852d0d93023f8086c0cde84c1ac.jpeg

• Haha 1