The Big "Jamal Officially asks to be traded" Thread

7 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

If it makes you feel any better, I think it's just him trying to grease the wheels of the trade.  I imagine he'd be expecting new money from whatever team sooner than he believes he can get it (if ever), from the Jets.

Good point.  Still irks me to come out and say it that way.

7 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

I think Gallup is ok, but not great (as of yet).

A #1, Gallup + an add'l pick may get it done

Remember: Adams is an All-Pro who can be under team control for 3 more years (4th year rookie contract, 5th year option, franchise tag).

No DAL discounts, Jones could easily be behind this request.
A 2021 #1, Gallup and a 2022 #3 or they can kick rocks

A view from across the pond...

If this all gets confirmed (as far as I can see it's based on reports from journalists, no confirmation from the Jets or Adams) then get rid quick. As good as Adams is, if he doesn't want to play for the Jets then shift him on pronto before he gets any chance to cause more discontent in the locker room.

This has already been a strange offseason and when/if the players finally get back together you need players that are bang ready to go and want to play for the Jets. With the reported comments about being willing to forgo the extension to play for certain teams then that would suggest Adams just wants out of the Jets.

Adams appears to have zero leverage. Joe Douglas knows the score, we have to trust him to engineer the best outcome for the team.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

He wants to be a Cowboy but the Cowboys can’t trade for him until they resolve Dak’s situation, so this is just Jamal getting desperate and letting Jerry off the hook to facilitate the trade. 1000% the Cowboys have let Jamal’s people know they’d trade for him but can’t do anything with the contract until Dak is resolved. This is the workaround.

i think he's welcome a trade to any good team that he thinks will make the playoffs.  he craves relevancy and he hasn't had much on the jets so far.  

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

What he really wants is to be the eighth best player on a good team so he can dick-ride Dak or Lamar to the playoffs

then you have to give him some credit for recognizing that despite all his stats he's not going to be one of the key drivers for any playoff team so he may as well try to get paid off of his stats while forcing his way onto a playoff team.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

8 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

then you have to give him some credit for recognizing that despite all his stats he's not going to be one of the key drivers for any playoff team so he may as well try to get paid off of his stats while forcing his way onto a playoff team.

He’s going to want $16 million dollars per year to be the eighth best player on a team though

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, JiF said:

But what if your team is like a huge joke and sucks eternally and you really really really like watching the player because he provides 1000x more entertainment than the actual team? 

Wins > entertainment.  Jamal being removed from this team, and using the money we'd spend on him elsewhere, will lead to more wins in the end.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

He’s going to want $16 million dollars per year to be the eighth best player on a team though

Dude. Quit with the disrespect.

He is a LOCKDOWN box safety. 

When's the last time you seen a fullback break off a 40 yard touchdown run with Jamal on the field, mutha****a?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, freestater said:

shocked GIF

How is this a surprise? When he compared himself to Brady and Donald you knew what was coming.

This was just handled poorly on all ends. Shoulda been traded before the trade deadline, DEFINITELY should have been traded before the draft, now you have a big headache on your hands.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, playtowinthegame said:

I just expect Jamal will be a professional when/if no teams' makes an offer the Jets like enough to trade an all-pro level talent entering his prime. I would not give an inch in this situation if I were Joe.

lol what?  Jamal isn't going to show an ounce of professionalism, ever.  Even if/when he goes to a team he likes and they pay him.  He's never going to act like a professional.  It's not in him to do that.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So you're calling Jamal a cancer in this analogy, and putting zero blame on Jamal himself?

Ok then.

Yes. And Adams absolutely is to blame, but JD should have seen this coming a mile away.  This past draft was loaded with talent at our biggest needs. The time to trade him was before the draft.  

we will not the value now than we could have then.  
This isn’t personal, guys make mistakes sometime. JD’s not infallible - he made a mistake here. That’s all.  

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

14 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

i agree, but from a strategic standpoint, if you're adams and you're trying to max out on value you want to get paid based on your stats on a team bereft of talent, and then go to a good team where your team's success will mask your relatively modest contribution to that success.  

and people continue to bash KD for his contribution on GS...

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, freestater said:

Dude. Quit with the disrespect.

He is a LOCKDOWN box safety. 

When's the last time you seen a fullback break off a 40 yard touchdown run with Jamal on the field, mutha****a?

Journeyman QB breaks a long run while breaking a tackle from LOCKDOWN box safety.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

25 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

This became clear the moment he said "We need more dawgs".  

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, freestater said:

shocked GIF

This hurts his trade value more than anything else. You wanna send the Jets a first round pick AND pay a strong ****ing safety upwards of $20M/year? You can have him! 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

How is this a surprise? When he compared himself to Brady and Donald you knew what was coming.

It's certainly a surprise to anyone who kept arguing incessantly that Jamal's demands were less than the Jamal "hater" crew was saying.

Anyone who thought Jamal would accept a dime less than what CJ Mosley makes ($17M+) were and still are delusional.  

• Upvote 2