The Big "Jamal Officially asks to be traded" Thread

1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

??? 

He can cash millions of dollars of checks while he remains a Jet. Meanwhile, the longer he does remain a Jet, the value we can get back for him goes down. That clock started ticking this afternoon.

Adams doesn’t have to do a thing except show up and  dress for practice and games. He knows he’s getting paid.

its all on Douglas now to figure out a way to get back a halfway decent return now. He screwed the pooch by letting it get to this point. 

Anyone but Jamals fault .... Okay.arrested development nod GIF

God forbid he plays out his rookie deal before holding out or demanding a trade.....

Sure ... This is an us problem.... Sure... Sure.

• Upvote 4

46 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Personal level, he's a good guy, even if I disagree with 99% of his football opinions lol.

Thanks, moggs. I’ll try to improve on that 1% score. ?

btw I like Adams, but not what he did today. 

Im aggravated that so many of us knew this would happen though, and yet our FO seemingly just waited for it, instead of either trading him or entering into contract talks. 

The way things are now, it’s either keep him and this festers, or trade him on the cheap. We’ve lost any trade leverage we had.

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

Honestly, no.  What rubs me the wrong way is that this team finally found an All-Pro player in the draft and between the fans and the front office, they drove him away.  

When people are really good at what they do but completely under appreciated, those people typically look for a new employer. 

Meh. The front office did nothing. JD has said he wants Jamal to be here. Have some patience. But no, he took everything extremely personally without talking anything out and listening. He can’t handle fans on twitter and can’t handle a bad team. He’s soft. 

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Meh. The front office did nothing. JD has said he wants Jamal to be here. Have some patience. But no, he took everything extremely personally without talking anything out and listening. He can’t handle fans on twitter and can’t handle a bad team. He’s soft. 

I thought the front office did approach him about an extension, hence the frustration.  He's been expecting something and if that's true, I get the frustration and I get not wanting to play for a sh*tty franchise, for sh*tty head coach and for a fanbase that out right hates him and thinks he sucks.  l mean, who wouldnt ask to be tradedd?  lol

• Thumb Down 2

5 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

He can’t handle being on a bad team because it means no matter how good he is he won’t be relevant on a national stage. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

20 freaking years of Defense in the 1st round....LOL. Busts, headaches, and nobodies. 

Great work, Jets!

Can't get that miserable **** off the team fast enough.

Hey, Cinci, Detroit, Jax...fastest to give us a 2021 second and fifth  gets him. 

Anyone else, it costs multiple 1st rounders. 

There was a lot of D in the 1st rd except for 01-06-09 was all O but only had 3 picks,18-20.. So 75% of the time it was all D..

8 minutes ago, JiF said:

I thought the front office did approach him about an extension, hence the frustration.  He's been expecting something and if that's true, I get the frustration and I get not wanting to play for a sh*tty franchise, for sh*tty head coach and for a fanbase that out right hates him and thinks he sucks.  l mean, who wouldnt ask to be tradedd?  lol

Then the entire team should ask to be traded. 

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, slats said:

Okay, Trolly McTrollface. 

No BS, this made me laugh so hard, I have tears in my eyes.

I’ll make a deal with you. i don’t know how to do it, or even if we’re allowed to, but if you want, you can change my screen name to that. 

• Haha 4

The fact that a new contract isn’t a requirement for him to be traded, is HUGE. That means we can actually get good draft trade and not have to deal with his insanity. We can actually get at least a 1st round pick if the team that we trade him to, doesn’t have to over pay him also. I was sure he wouldn’t get traded because of his ridiculous demands. This is awesome!

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, choon328 said:

The Jets have him under control for 3 more years.  Jamal has zero leverage besides talking and that means nothing.  He's only going to lose sympathy by opening his mouth. If he would like to sit for the next 2-3 years without getting paid then thats his only option. I doubt he'll do that. 

Jamal does *not* have that option. Bell was a UFA and made the decision to sit out a year - it ended up hurting him financially. Adams is under contract with 2 years left and then can be tagged for the next 2 years.

If he holds out he'll be fined 40K per day. If he sits out for a entire year he doesn't get credit for that year meaning he'll still have 2 years left on his rookie contract and can still be tagged after that.

His only options are to fake an injury or intentionally dog (not dawg) it on the field.

• Upvote 1

Sorry Jamal.  You are a Jet for the next 2 years.  Go convince some team to send us 2 1st rounders or you wait until UFA after you finish the 5th yer option.  Self-centered prick.  Not a leader in any way, shape or form.  

• Upvote 1

I kept hoping one day Jamal would prove us wrong and be a team guy but it’s obviously never been about the team.  I’m not a Francesa fan but I gotta give him credit he was spot in about Adams.  What’s laughable is that Adams compared himself to Donald and Brady ?

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, nj meadowlands said:

It's so easy to blame the Jets in any and every situation but this guy just seems like a dick.

Oh none of this is on Douglas or the Jets.  This is all Jamal.  Wait till the 5th year option kicks in and the league knows the 2021 cap situation.  Funny, I don't hear mahomes crying like Adams and they were both drafted together.

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, David Harris said:

There’s been like 4-5 guys ever getting an extension at this point in their rookie contract. 

what a distraction now

play one more year and then the jets make you the highest paid safety in history. 

now it’s all going to go to sh*t. Teams aren’t lining up to extend him at this time in his contract. Christ Jamal, I had your back till this. 

/end thread.  That's a wrap, Jamal.  

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Not quite. As long as more than one team wants him they will have to bid against each other for him as he has more than one year left on his deal and they won't just wait two + years for him to become a FA. So yeah this wasn't some master stroke by Jamal or his agent as you seem to think it is. The Jets will still get more than a first for JA.

Not going to happen, I hope I'm wrong because I'd ecstatic with a first for a box safety that demands to be paid like the leagues top 5 defensive players.

41 minutes ago, JiF said:

Honestly, no.  What rubs me the wrong way is that this team finally found an All-Pro player in the draft and between the fans and the front office, they drove him away.  

When people are really good at what they do but completely under appreciated, those people typically look for a new employer. 

Weird take.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

27 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

He can’t handle being on a bad team because it means no matter how good he is he won’t be relevant on a national stage. 

The funny thing is that he isn’t as great as he thinks he is.  He is a very good player but he isn’t the type of player that will help win games, we have seen that for the last three years.  The problem is he has put himself above the team.  

46 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

No team will give JD a good deal or at this point even a fair deal. Jamal has taken away *any* leverage the Jets had in a trade deal. They know Jamal put the Jets over the barrel and they eff the crap out of us in any kind of deal.

@freestater this is why I said Douglas screwed up.

If half this board knew this situation was going to end up where it is tonight, how can you not blame him for not either trading, or renegotiating a new deal?

Having a disgruntled, but really good player on your team, yet not having much trade leverage because he’s demanding a trade, is the worst case scenario.

• Thumb Down 2
  • WTF? 1

30 minutes ago, JiF said:

LOL.  Blame the fan base.  Every bit of this to the last drop was the fault of one Jamal Narcissist Adams.  No regard for his team.  Not since day 1.  It's all about him.  The Jets are not going to yield to this crap.  F him.  He's a Jet for 2 yrs and then he can go unless someone meets Joe Douglas' demands.  Me... I'd take a 1st and Gallup without blinking an eye.  

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, JiF said:

Warner Bros Wb GIF by Joker Movie

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, 14 in Green said:

@freestater this is why I said Douglas screwed up.

If half this board knew this situation was going to end up where it is tonight, how can you not blame him for not either trading, or renegotiating a new deal?

Having a disgruntled, but really good player on your team, yet not having much trade leverage because he’s demanding a trade, is the worst case scenario.

Sure. Worked out horrible for the Raiders re. Kalil Mack. 

• Upvote 2