The Big "Jamal Officially asks to be traded" Thread

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

^^^ Another of the "Jamal gets no blame for anything, ever" crowd.

Yes, Douglas should have traded him at the deadline last year for whatever Dallas was offering.  No, that doesn't put the blame on Douglas' shoulders for Adams' behavior.

Jerry wasn't offering anything but a crap deal. No way in hell did he offer a first and a third and if he actually did JD would have jumped on it. We only have Jerry's leak to the media that was the offer and I call Jerry a liar until JD actually acknowledges that was the offer.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

LOL.  Blame the fan base.  Every bit of this to the last drop was the fault of one Jamal Narcissist Adams.  No regard for his team.  Not since day 1.  It's all about him.  The Jets are not going to yield to this crap.  F him.  He's a Jet for 2 yrs and then he can go unless someone meets Joe Douglas' demands.  Me... I'd take a 1st and Gallup without blinking an eye.  

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Warner Bros Wb GIF by Joker Movie

Connor Hughes has shown me the light.  I try not to listen to you guys.  I now think Jamal can suck lemons.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

This is so wrong t is ridiculous.  The victim card.

Adams is the one that spouted on social media from day one.

Adams is the guy that keep comparing himself to layers not in his league.

Adams is the guy who threw a fit at management re the trade talk last year and then refused to talk to them (a year later he is demanding a trade)

Adams is the guy with zero leverage getting all pissy about a contract.

And yet it is the fans fault and management that he wants out,

what utter bs.

All the personality issues aside I'll be happy if he gets dealt for a good price as at the line SS do not at all move the needle.

I know Beer, I'm sorry.  This is very hard for me. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

LOL

Could you imagine?  You show up to the vet with this cute little puppy you just bought and the vet is like ummm, dude, this is a cat.  Try to put yourself in that situation.  That's what I'm experiencing so a little sensitivity would be really appreciated. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

Could you imagine?  You show up to the vet with this cute little puppy you just bought and the vet is like ummm, dude, this is a cat.  Try to put yourself in that situation.  That's what I'm experiencing so a little sensitivity would be really appreciated. 

1542A68E-FD36-44F2-AC7D-B8DACA6CB2B9.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, choon328 said:

If the report about him not requiring a contract extension to certain teams is true then I don't know how anybody could defend him at this point.  This was never about the Jets paying him.  This was about getting off the team. 

What was reported is that there is a list of teams Jamal (who has zero say where he's traded) will not insist on an 'immediate' contract extension. Key word is immediate.

4 minutes ago, slats said:

He is not. 

Physically, he's a 6'1"-215lb guy who runs a 4.56. Nothing special about that from an NFL perspective. This is a big part of the "positional value," discussion. Jamal Adams plays SS because that's the best he can do on an NFL field athletically. It would be SS or RB, and you can bet his RB dad told him that safeties have less painful, longer careers. 

But that level athlete is not the guy you give your $15M+/year contracts to, especially if you have him under control for the next three years for under $25M in total dollars. Those premium contracts are for the absolute cream of the crop. Your QB, obviously. Your true, 6'4", 220lb, sub-4.4 guy who can catch; the 6'5"-260lb sub 4.7 guy who gets you 12 sacks a year. Special players.

Jamal Adams is not special. What makes him, "great," is the mental aspect of his game. His preparation, his instincts. They're great. But bottom line, you can replace him with a better athlete, coach that athlete up, and get 90% of what Jamal Adams brings to the field on any given play. For a fraction of the price. Positional value. You just don't pay a box safety like that. 

Agreed 100%

21 minutes ago, JiF said:

I do not want to EAD.  Jamal is being a little bitch and it breaks my heart to say that because I love him with all my heart and soul. 

Why do you love him so much?  He obviously doesn’t give two sh*ts about the Jets and I’m damn sure he doesn’t give two sh*ts about Jet fans ? 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, slats said:

He is not. 

Physically, he's a 6'1"-215lb guy who runs a 4.56. Nothing special about that from an NFL perspective. This is a big part of the "positional value," discussion. Jamal Adams plays SS because that's the best he can do on an NFL field athletically. It would be SS or RB, and you can bet his RB dad told him that safeties have less painful, longer careers. 

But that level athlete is not the guy you give your $15M+/year contracts to, especially if you have him under control for the next three years for under $25M in total dollars. Those premium contracts are for the absolute cream of the crop. Your QB, obviously. Your true, 6'4", 220lb, sub-4.4 guy who can catch; the 6'5"-260lb sub 4.7 guy who gets you 12 sacks a year. Special players.

Jamal Adams is not special. What makes him, "great," is the mental aspect of his game. His preparation, his instincts. They're great. But bottom line, you can replace him with a better athlete, coach that athlete up, and get 90% of what Jamal Adams brings to the field on any given play. For a fraction of the price. Positional value. You just don't pay a box safety like that. 

^truth

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Since I've been right on everything on this matter, allow me to also tell you that if/when he's gone, the floodgates will open with locker room quotes, maybe even some with names attached, about how he's not and never was a leader at all, more of a self-promoting clown that everyone nodded their head along with, voted team MVP because he'd throw a sh*t fit if they didn't, and they're glad he's gone.

I enjoy these, because I feel like they're professional opinions. 

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, slats said:

He is not. 

Which I think ultimately goes back to the idea that we shouldn't have drafted him that high (though I have to admit I bought into the hype on draft day).

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, JiF said:

I do not want to EAD.  Jamal is being a little bitch and it breaks my heart to say that because I love him with all my heart and soul. 

I was convinced you were about to take things in a Dr. Seuss direction.  Alas...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Prez33 said:

Jamal Adams and JJ Watt are the only two players in NFL history with 200+ tackles, 10+ sacks, and 25 PBU’s in their first 3 seasons. (Source: Field Yates). You can pump the breaks with “Jamal lovers looking stupid”. 

With that said, even I’m not a fan of this latest tactic he’s resorted to. Demanding a trade was a bad move. Poor judgement. I don’t see how this can be repaired now that the situation has gotten to this point.  JD’s gonna get lowball offers because teams know he wants out. I still think we’re gonna get bent over in a trade. Nobody’s giving us what he’s worth. 

I wonder how many of those Jamal sacks came on an unblocked blitz compared to JJ beating his man or even a double coverage for his sacks. And when Jamal blitzes he leaves a hole in the D that's often exploited by savvy QB's. 

Comparing a box safety to an elite edge rusher - LOL.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Yep.  Me either, best player on the team and he was told he's getting a contract and they lied.  The fanbase hates him and think he sucks, what's the point?  I hope he goes somewhere great and we at least get a 2nd rounder out of it, which will suck because Jamal is awesome. 

When and where was this? They have said they'd like to lock him up, but that doesn't mean they do it on his terms and on his timetable. It's called a negotiation. 

• Sympathy 3