The Big "Jamal Officially asks to be traded" Thread

50 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

2020 trade deadline.  Make a deal that includes one of the WRs that are scheduled to hit free agency this year (Such as Juju Smith-Schuster or Allen Robinson) or send Adams to a team in the playoff hunt who thinks they're one piece away.

Why not both? 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

How many times does this need to be explained to you?  Trading him for less than what he was asking for was not necessary.  Entering into true contract talks with 2 years left on his rookie deal was not necessary.  By doing nothing, JD was actually doing exactly what any wise GM would do.  

Trading him for something like a 1st and 5th would have led to b*tching from people like you.

Signing him to a new $15-18M deal 2 years early would have not been advisable either for a team with numerous needs at premium positions.

Neither of those options were a necessity.  JD can continue to do nothing, and there's not a thing Adams can do about it.

Not to mention that Darnolds contract will be coming soon, and Crowder has 2 years left. I'd hate to lose Sams soon to be perennial favorite target Crowder because we have to pay a SS that can be replaced

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Teams act in their own best interest, as do players.

I don't even blame players for holding or trying to get the best contract they can but there's nothing wrong with the Jets recognizing they have him under team control for two more years. There's zero reason to extend him now. He has zero leverage.

He will be booed until he gets a sack just so he can mimic this Ahole

manzicash.gif

2 minutes ago, Prestige Worldwide said:

Not to mention that Darnolds contract will be coming soon, and Crowder has 2 years left. I'd hate to lose Sams soon to be perennial favorite target Crowder because we have to pay a SS that can be replaced

We also need a true WR1 (or two of them; even if Mims ends up a WR1 like I expect), and might need to get one via free agency.  The following WRs are scheduled to hit free agency after the season, among others:

• Chris Godwin
  • JuJu Smith-Schuster
  • Kenny Golladay
  • Keenan Allen
  • Allen Robinson
  • Cooper Kupp
  • T.Y. Hilton
  • Upvote 1

I’m all for ANY player getting paid, BUT Jamaal wants to beef over his contract?  Well he is beefing with the wrong people, his fellow players are the ones that agreed to the rookie contract parameters if he has a problem with his rookie deal he can do one of two things, take it up with the Union, or learn to become a franchise QB.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

We also need a true WR1 (or two of them; even if Mims ends up a WR1 like I expect), and might need to get one via free agency.  The following WRs are scheduled to hit free agency after the season, among others:

• Chris Godwin
  • JuJu Smith-Schuster
  • Kenny Golladay
  • Keenan Allen
  • Allen Robinson
  • Cooper Kupp
  • T.Y. Hilton

Golladay pls

15 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

• Chris Godwin
  • JuJu Smith-Schuster
  • Kenny Golladay
  • Keenan Allen
  • Allen Robinson
  • Cooper Kupp
  • T.Y. Hilton

How many of those guys do you think even make it to free agency? I'm sure the ones that do won't have the Jets at the top of their list, and with JD sitting on another 5 years he has time to do it right.

Ok, so the proverbial sh*t has hit the fan because a player feels like management Doesn’t appreciate present worth. I perfect reflection of what pro sports is really all about, money. Only we fans  are loyal.

Successful franchises wouldn’t stand for such Tom foolery.

In times like this, ask yourself what would Belichick do?

I don’t care if he stays or if he goes, we’ll lose with him or without him.

what I do hope for is that the Johnsons stay in their lanes and not involve themselves with this mess. 
Let JD do whatever he wants and remember he’s in no rush, he’s in his second year of a six year contract.

we’re gonna find out what JD is all about.

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, 82nd Airborne said:

Please let it be the Texans, hated by Cowboys whose Adams' preferred destination. Let's make his wish come true on this wash out season while gaining assets.  You did it Jamal, you are my nasty dawg! 

I don’t mind the cowboys because:

1. They are willing to offer us the biggest package

2. they are the giants’ rival 

• Upvote 1

There is no guarantee there will even be an NFL season this year. What team would trade future draft capital with possibility of the season getting cancelled? Plus salary cap could go down next year. Adams really screwed up here and will make his remaining time with the jets very uncomfortable for himself. He will face media questions every day and the fans will turn against him. Joe D will likely tell him to pound sand and he will likely have to play out this season as a Jet. If jets don’t get an acceptable offer prior to 2021 season they can do this again. Then they can Franchise him after 2021 season and do sign and trade then.

Just now, Barkus said:

There is no guarantee there will even be an NFL season this year. What team would trade future draft capital with possibility of the season getting cancelled? Plus salary cap could go down next year. Adams really screwed up here and will make his remaining time with the jets very uncomfortable for himself. He will face media questions every day and the fans will turn against him. Joe D will likely tell him to pound sand and he will likely have to play out this season as a Jet. If jets don’t get an acceptable offer prior to 2021 season they can do this again. Then they can Franchise him after 2021 season and do sign and trade then.

DE151548-062F-4153-8D4C-6D9A5D972A7D.jpeg.16ddfe7191c58fbdc48516c470ff71d7.jpeg

1 minute ago, RobR said:

How many of those guys do you think even make it to free agency? I'm sure the ones that do won't have the Jets at the top of their list, and with JD sitting on another 5 years he has time to do it right.

Hence why I'm advocating for a trade deadline deal for one of them to get a jumpstart on free agency.

Smith-Schuster is headed for free agency, I'm very sure of that.  I think Keenan Allen, Allen Robinson and Cooper Kupp make it as well.  

The other option, of course, is to go get Michael Gallup.

1 hour ago, JiF said:

I'm not denying it but can you at least take it easy, please?  This is hard for me to accept.  It's like finding out your dog is really a cat.  

More like finding out your dog is a cat and you could have had Desaun Watson or Patrick Mahomes instead of a freakin cat. 

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Barkus said:

You are going to see a mentally ill player completely unravel. It’s going to be ugly. 

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Hence why I'm advocating for a trade deadline deal for one of them to get a jumpstart on free agency.

Smith-Schuster is headed for free agency, I'm very sure of that.  I think Keenan Allen, Allen Robinson and Cooper Kupp make it as well.  

Only WR on that list who wows me is Golladay and I doubt the Lions let him go

2 minutes ago, Barkus said:

There is no guarantee there will even be an NFL season this year. What team would trade future draft capital with possibility of the season getting cancelled? 

With the uncertainty, 2021 draft picks are actually LESS valuable and thus might get traded easier.  If the college season is impacted, guys who were supposed to be headed for the 2021 draft might get a year of eligibility back and elect to return to school, thus limiting the pool of talent entering that draft.

It's a risky proposition for a team to make a trade for 2021 picks at this stage.  I think if Adams gets moved it won't be until closer to the 2020 trade deadline, once we have a better idea of how the season will play out.

Of course, all of that goes out the window if Douglas gets blown away with an offer, perhaps one that includes a player like Judon or Michael Gallup.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, usanyj said:

This should’ve happened before the draft. This lowers his value now that he is a vocal issue. Still need at least a one for him!

Or how bout you don’t trade him at all? What leverage does he have? Play for us or play for no one.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I would never trade Adams for any of those names considering their contract status because it doesn't make sense unless you have a contract in place.....and even then with those names, I'm not doing it. 

Even at the trade deadline like you suggested, you'd basically be renting the player and praying you can re-sign them or get a comp pick.

Adams is worth so much more than that.

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

With the uncertainty, 2021 draft picks are actually LESS valuable and thus might get traded easier.  If the college season is impacted, guys who were supposed to be headed for the 2021 draft might get a year of eligibility back and elect to return to school, thus limiting the pool of talent entering that draft.

It's a risky proposition for a team to make a trade for 2021 picks at this stage.  I think if Adams gets moved it won't be until closer to the 2020 trade deadline, once we have a better idea of how the season will play out.

Of course, all of that goes out the window if Douglas gets blown away with an offer, perhaps one that includes a player like Judon or Michael Gallup.

2021 is supposedly an even better WR class than 2020.  We desperately need WRs.  You want picks

• Upvote 1

He can cry, bitch, and post on social media all he wants. This guy has ZERO leverage. He has two years left on his contract, three years if we franchise him. 

At this point, I do not want him anymore. That doesn’t mean we give him up for garbage. If a 1st round + another mid-round pick is not offered, then I’ll “settle” with Adams playing here for another 3 years. 

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Ghost said:

He can cry, bitch, and post on social media all he wants. This guy has ZERO leverage. He has two years left on his contract, three years if we franchise him. 

At this point, I do not want him anymore. That doesn’t mean we give him up for garbage. If a 1st round + another mid-round pick is not offered, then I’ll “settle” with Adams playing here for another 3 years. 

Right now is the time to trade Adams

Knicks waited 2 years too late to trade Porzingis.  Jets can’t make the same mistake