The Big "Jamal Officially asks to be traded" Thread

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The Texans are the team I want to trade with.  I feel like their GM can be taken advantage of. 

The Ravens are the team I'd least want to trade him to.  I feel like he'd be way too good of a fit there and we'd regret it.

Unfortunately they have nothing to trade since they already gave up high picks for the next year at least .

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

26 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Trade Adams to the Cowboys for picks.  Start Davis at FS and Maye st SS

Stop the presses!!! Here’s Phil with a hot take.

Gee, great job. Posting  something nobody has thought of, or mentioned 100x already... ?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yes but we've been telling you about the cat for 2 years.  

We gave you scientific evidence its a cat for 2 years.

We've been sending you cat food to feed the cat for 2 years.

It's a little funny.  

Your next step?  Help @14 in Green, @Pac and @DLJ finally see the light.  

These 13 pages, much like the last 10,000 pages I've read on the topic, do not change my mind nor diminish my position. 

Is Jamal being a baby?  Yeah...  so..  he was at the trade deadline too. 

Is he the likeliest current Jet to be in the HOF one day?  Yes.

He'll either be paid and given a long term contract or traded for a kings ransom.  Period

Joe Douglas understands what he has in Jamal and will act accordingly.  JD is not the spinless dweeb so many in this thread appear to be.  Present company included.

1 minute ago, jetscrazey said:

Will there even be a college football season this year?  Getting a draft pick is interesting because the draft process could be very strange next year.

Even if they cancel the division I season there’s still 3 years of tape on most college players being evaluated for the draft

7 minutes ago, ageingjetfan said:

If he had any credibility he totally lost me when he said he would go to certain teams without a restructuring. How many sides does his mouth have? 

He’s doing a Porzingis and trying to make it sound like it’s about “winning” and not the money

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Thanks, moggs. I’ll try to improve on that 1% score. ?

btw I like Adams, but not what he did today. 

Im aggravated that so many of us knew this would happen though, and yet our FO seemingly just waited for it, instead of either trading him or entering into contract talks. 

The way things are now, it’s either keep him and this festers, or trade him on the cheap. We’ve lost any trade leverage we had.

We’ve lost no leverage. We are fully in the drivers seat period. We have years of control over him. If a team wants him they will pay up. Maybe the global pandemic is why we haven’t entered contract talks, teams don’t even know what the cap situation next year. Cmon now. Overreacting  

The longer this goes on, the worse it’s going to get.  His value diminishes with every tweet. 
when he doesn’t show up to tc, value down.  When he pouts in the first game, value goes down.

We still get a first and change for him if we send him off now, particularly if we can start a bidding war.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Hael said:

The longer this goes on, the worse it’s going to get.  His value diminishes with every tweet. 
when he doesn’t show up to tc, value down.  When he pouts in the first game, value goes down.

We still get a first and change for him if we send him off now, particularly if we can start a bidding war.

If he does any of that, he hurts his own brand. Yes, someone will pay him eventually but the man is under contract for 3 years. If he's trying to grease the skids to get himself out, he's going about it all wrong. Doing that hurts everyone, and it's a good way to shoot his market to hell. I guarantee you he and his guys don't want to get into a pissing contest with JD. 

2 hours ago, Big_Slick said:

Teams showing interest. WTF does that really mean? Are there teams calling and offering a 3rd and 5th for Adams because of the selfish POS put the Jets in.

It means teams smell a discount. They're likely going to find out there won't be any. I've defended Adams until this little stunt. If JD can get his fair value, fine...do it. But if not, I'm just fine leaving Jamal pouting on the twittah for 2 years (plus the franchise tag).

• Upvote 2

He's a great player, and I would love to keep him.  

However, it's not the end of the world to trade him because at this point, he's not a leader.  This isn't some guy that unites the team, but rather promotes himself as someone who does so.  I don't have a problem with those (more than happy to have OBJ for example) but Adam's impact on the overall defense is limited by his position.  

The team that I'm really curious about are the Panthers.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Pac said:

These 13 pages, much like the last 10,000 pages I've read on the topic, do not change my mind nor diminish my position. 

Is Jamal being a baby?  Yeah...  so..  he was at the trade deadline too. 

Is he the likeliest current Jet to be in the HOF one day?  Yes.

He'll either be paid and given a long term contract or traded for a kings ransom.  Period

Joe Douglas understands what he has in Jamal and will act accordingly.  JD is not the spinless dweeb so many in this thread appear to be.  Present company included.

He was over the line at the trade deadline when he refused to speak with his bosses, the HC and the GM.

Who cares about Jamal getting into the HOF? A box safety in today's player safety first NFL. Not going to happen. I care about what's best for the Jets and not Jamal's personal accomplishments.

He will not be traded for a kings ransom, that wouldn't have happened before this latest temper tantrum. Now other teams will lower their trade offers which NEVER was a kings ransom. Only Jerry leaking to the press about a fictitious first and third. JD never validated that offer was made and until he does I choose not to believe Jerry. 

Adams is only worth a 2020 two at this point, so JD will choose to make him play out his rookie contract. No trade and no extension. Period.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

He was over the line at the trade deadline when he refused to speak with his bosses, the HC and the GM.

Who cares about Jamal getting into the HOF? A box safety in today's player safety first NFL. Not going to happen. I care about what's best for the Jets and not Jamal's personal accomplishments.

He will not be traded for a kings ransom, that wouldn't have happened before this latest temper tantrum. Now other teams will lower their trade offers which NEVER was a kings ransom. Only Jerry leaking to the press about a fictitious first and third. JD never validated that offer was made and until he does I choose not to believe Jerry. 

Adams is only worth a 2020 two at this point, so JD will choose to make him play out his rookie contract. No trade and no extension. Period.

There's not one sentence in your post that is accurate.  Not one.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, joebabyny said:

wonder if he feels the urgency to get a new deal right now because he figures the cap will be going down due to covid and loss of revenue?

And next season he won't be used the same way. GW has other resources and Jamal will be reduced to the typical box safety role and thus his value will go down. He knows that he has to get his money now or he'll lose his chance.

4 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

I'll agree that It makes absolutely no sense right now to deal Adams. I didn't like the idea of dealing him before, and now that he's pulled this,, while he comes off looking much worse, there's even less reason to move him. Let him play out his rookie deal. Then franchise him. Don't like it, Jamal? You've got yourself to blame. 

• Upvote 1