The Big "Jamal Officially asks to be traded" Thread

14 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

And next season he won't be used the same way. GW has other resources and Jamal will be reduced to the typical box safety role and thus his value will go down. He knows that he has to get his money now or he'll lose his chance.

Or they won’t let him blitz so much. Let him perform “elsewhere”. Expand Maye’s role and increase his blitzing 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Viermoo said:

PLEASE DON’T TRADE HIM!!! I just bought my son his jersey!???

In today's NFL it's best to buy a Jersey that will never have to be thrown away. Namath, Kelcko, Cherbet, Toon, Maynard, etc. That said the last one I bought (using Max's link) was a Darnold (new uni style).

• Upvote 2

Um, Douglas knew Jamal well before this years draft. Thats why he drafted Ashtyn Davis, a talented Safety in round 3. He foresaw this mess before anyone else and drafted an insurance policy. He knew his antics would eventually boil over and cause a severing of the ties. In JD l trust.
Cept they play different positions.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

22 minutes ago, Vader said:

Why? What do you think is their ideal comp?

I think they are in a win now mode. or at least a compete now mode after moving on from Cam, paying CMC, and trying to revamp their defense.  They drafted Chin, who would be a good SS prospect in return for Jamal.  Something like Chin plus a first, and the Panthers get a stud SS to really help their defense.  We get the pick, and a guy that has the physical attributes to be good SS, plus the pick.  

They're just interesting to me because I think they want to make a splash.  

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

His LSU highlight reel. Anyone that dances after tackling a running back six yards downfield is Antifa.

Hey keep it in the club. Don't make me bring the bouncers out of the club lol.

• Haha 2

Adams trying to save face as he sees the Ashtyn Davis pick as the writing on the wall. Jets will make Adams play out his contract. 
Adams could conceivably be outplayed by a speed demon cover safety. 

Of the teams listed by Adams which coach/GM would want a me first player needing a new big contract? I don’t think any of them. 

~Bill O’Brien trades entire Houston team for Jamal Adams~

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, win4ever said:

He's a great player, and I would love to keep him.  

However, it's not the end of the world to trade him because at this point, he's not a leader.  This isn't some guy that unites the team, but rather promotes himself as someone who does so.  I don't have a problem with those (more than happy to have OBJ for example) but Adam's impact on the overall defense is limited by his position.  

The team that I'm really curious about are the Panthers.  

Take the trade compensation and cap savings and parlay it into more legitimate NFL pieces around Sam Darnold please.

I won’t say he’s not an excellent player but for the money he demands he has to also be a ball hawk too, which he is not.  Unfortunately time to move on.

We haven’t seen a ton of Joe Douglas, but the one thing we have seen is that he’s very disciplined with contracts and what he perceives as fair draft compensation. 

the biggest question is will the Johnsons let Douglas handle this the way it should be because their kryptonite and top priority has always been about managing the PR side. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, ECURB said:

Team is worse with him gone and the draft pick they get won’t be a factor till at least 2022 if ever... 

it’s too bad it came to this

Like if we hadn't trade him in around Christmas...  I'm not too uncertain that wasn't in the back of his mind any way?  There was no other result that wouldn't have led to this.  If I was JD then I would still just twittle my fingers all summer and not say anything.  Just let him release 1,000 tweets a day.  Let him release videos to fans.  To whomever... let him know.  "I am not breaking how I negotiate with anybody.  Sit out all trading camp and the entire year.  I don't give a ___. 

1 hour ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

We haven’t seen a ton of Joe Douglas, but the one thing we have seen is that he’s very disciplined with contracts and what he perceives as fair draft compensation. 

the biggest question is will the Johnsons let Douglas handle this the way it should be because their kryptonite and top priority has always been about managing the PR side. 

Honestly, I think the bough broke on Jamal yesterday. I think the fans understand he’s the one driving this.

• Upvote 4

11 hours ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

Jerry loves Lamb. 100% he wouldn't trade Lamb for Adams straight up.

They may love that Lamb fell to them, but they have decent WRs and Lamb is a luxury. 

I think the more likely reason the Cowboys wouldn't make a deal is because they are in perpetual new deal hell, w the QB still not signed. Adams is a headache they don't want.  

9 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yes but we've been telling you about the cat for 2 years.  

We gave you scientific evidence its a cat for 2 years.

We've been sending you cat food to feed the cat for 2 years.

It's a little funny.  

Your next step?  Help @14 in Green, @Pac and @DLJ finally see the light.  

You must have missed the part where I said I dont listen to you guys.  Especially you.   That said, I appologize and you were all right.  Jamal is dickwad diva who can eat the corn out of my turds. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1