The Big "Jamal Officially asks to be traded" Thread

6 hours ago, Pac said:

Mike T's got it right...  Stephen A - while on the right track - a little too exuberant.

Spot on about the Jets, spot on about what Jamal brings to the table, all of them completely missing the fact he's acting and been acting like a petulant child and these arent the actions of a leader.  The dude is willing to play other places without an extension.  I mean, come'on.  If this was about money, we'd be holding hands and battling these blowhards together but brah, it aint about that.  He's a bitch ass. Straight up.  There is no defending this and I really really want to because I love Jamal but **** that guy.  He doesnt want to be here and you're fooling yourself if you think it's about money. 

• Upvote 1

OK... So lets say that the Jets get a first rounder in trade for Adams... 

Consider the team Adams will be traded to.  How will their fans feel when they realize a malcontent is always a malcontent AND... May be you better sit down... Adams made plays because... OK... Hold on to yourself... Because Gregg Williams put him in position to make those plays.

The key here is to ensure you get as much possible compensation for Adams as is possible and keep hiding the fact that he is a myth and not a mensch until the money is in the bank...

I think JD will get the Jets a good deal...

• Upvote 2

No effing way Douglas doesn’t START with a #1 pick. This Adams guy has told the whole world hes the best & should be the highest paid safety in the NFL, well if that’s the case teams should knocking down the Jets door for him right? A 1st & Gallup is Minimum! 

By the way, Gallup- Perriman-Mims- Crowder-Herndon-Griffin-Bell-Gore? 

BONER! 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

I don't think douglas is going to trade adams or give him a new deal.  he's going to make him shut up and play hard and try to win the division.  he's going to make him earn a new contract, not just with his on field play but with his true leadership skills that have clearly not developed.  and the jets need him since i expect them to make the playoffs during this time.

douglas has an all star for 3 more years before adams has control of his destiny.  this means adams will be 27 before he can get a long term deal.  that's leverage.  

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, JiF said:

Yep.  Me either, best player on the team and he was told he's getting a contract and they lied.  The fanbase hates him and think he sucks, what's the point?  I hope he goes somewhere great and we at least get a 2nd rounder out of it, which will suck because Jamal is awesome. 

the Jets did not "promise" him a new contract.  *THAT* is the lie.  That you even believe it (from an unsubstantiated claim by the narcissist) is astonishing.  Clear your head dude.  

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, Prez33 said:

Yes, it’s been established that my screen name is a dead giveaway that I like the player. 

yeah... that name is toast.  Looking forward to your new sign up here with a more permanent type of screen name.

9 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Trade Adams to the Cowboys for picks.  Start Davis at FS and Maye st SS

Nobody ever gives me credit for being the first (at least I think) lol.. to say that Maye should be moved to SS after the Adams flare up... I think I should be promoted to MOD, so everyone can pay due homage lol... @TomShane was that TomShaney enough lol...

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, 68JET11 said:

Nobody ever gives me credit for being the first (at least I think) lol.. to say that Maye should be moved to SS after the Adams flare up... I think I should be promoted to MOD, so everyone can pay due homage lol... @TomShane was that TomShaney enough lol...

MM would be just fine at the SS position if he could stay healthy. Davis is of course, said to be an ideal cover guy, but can he start at FS and get the job done ??? I think  they had "depth" in mind with Davis rather than rate him as a potential starter.  

There are a lot of "ifs* in that plan... Sounds like it could work, though... 

9 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

MM would be just fine at the SS position if he could stay healthy. Davis is of course, said to be an ideal cover guy, but can he start at FS and get the job done ??? I think  they had "depth" in mind with Davis rather than rate him as a potential starter.  

There are a lot of "ifs* in that plan... Sounds like it could work, though... 

I get it, but if this DIVA keeps it up then I think we're about to find out soon enough.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I think at this point that deal would look more like Gallup and a conditional third that becomes a second if Jamal re-signs there. Gallup is a very good player. 

I'd take Gallup and the third straight up and call it a day. I don't think we even get that.

The Jamalpro loyalists really don't seem to understand how much this kind of stunt hurts his trade value. 

He was never worth multiple 1sts.... If he was ever worth a 1st and 3rd that value has taken a leveraged hit.

Everyone saying he has no leverage doesn't have a clue. He has negative leverage he can hurt his trade value further and be a negative distraction to the players, coaches, and fans. He can go scorched earth and drag his trade value further and further towards the negative side of the ledger.

The smart thing for a GM to do right now is project positivity, not say a bad word about Jamal, and take the best early offer. Make a clean cut and let Jamal be the only one acting like a child in the room.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, hamat711 said:

Gallop had 1,100 yards and 6tds last year in only 14 games. He actually averaged more yards per game than Amari Cooper. 

Because of Cooper! Without coverage rolled to Cooper, Gallop is not nearly as effective. If he was as good as you think, the cowboys would not have taken Lamb.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Dcat said:

the Jets did not "promise" him a new contract.  *THAT* is the lie.  THat you even believe it is astonishing.  CLear your head dude.  You are all wrong w/respect to this guy. 100% wrong

Are you reading anything I've posted since these posts?  I didnt see that he was ok with being traded without the extension.  That's a completely different story. He's a turd and can kick rocks.

That said, I read this article and that's where I'm getting that the Jets approached him.  If it's a lie, how the **** was I supposed to know and how on earth do you know it's a lie?

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2873713-jamal-adams-fully-expects-to-reach-contract-extension-with-jets-this-offseason

• Upvote 1