The Big "Jamal Officially asks to be traded" Thread

I’d be thrilled with two one’s, happy with a one and a two, and fine but a little disappointed with a one and a three...so a one and a three sounds right.

Value of players is tough to pinpoint but I have to imagine them eating into the second pick. Need a one back.

13 minutes ago, derp said:

Jeremy Fowler says he wants well over $20M per year.

This is all very validating as someone who shifted to being tired of Adams pre-draft. 

Yup good luck getting 20m per year from anyone Jamal ?    This is what happens when somebody falls in love with themself.  The funniest thing is when he compared himself to Donald and Brady.  As much as I hate Brady the only comparison Jamal has to him is that they both wear uniforms ? 

45 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Just not true.  I was all for trading him.  I like him as a player too, go look if you want.

But a 1st and 3rd to me was a no brainer.  Especially considering the positional talent in the draft.

I don’t know why it’s so hard for you and so many others to concede a guy made an error.  Doesn’t make him a bad GM - he made a wrong call, it’s a tough job.  

Except we have no confirmation whatsoever that this is what was actually offered. 

1st and a scrub DB was what the reports stated.  You and many others would have lost your collective minds had that trade happened.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

6 hours ago, TNJet said:

Maye can slide over and play SS.

I think the the Lamar Jackson signing is looking better and better.  At 6'3 215 his best position is probably SS anyway and they can begin grooming him to back up Maye and perhaps eventually take over for him.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, EM31 said:

Can anyone say that he is not a team cancer at this point?

That's part of the equation for me.

In a vacuum, Adams is a valuable asset. However the Jets aren't operating in a vacuum.

He wants to be paid as a top player in the league, not a safety. He's made it abundantly clear he does NOT want to play for the Jets. He can make life miserable for Gase and the coaches if he really wants to. 

I think getting this headache off the team is more of a priority than most. You don't want a grumpy guy on your squad for 3 years. That mindset is poison.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Except we have no confirmation whatsoever that this is what was actually offered. 

1st and a scrub DB was what the reports stated.  You and many others would have lost your collective minds had that trade happened.

No use trying to talk to FidelioJet.  He has made it clear Douglas always makes mistakes it’s always his fault ? 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

I think a Jamal for Ngakoue trade is pretty fair. To disgruntled talented guys who need new contracts. Jets would be better off paying Yannick then Jamal anyway 

I think that's the most logical place to start. Isn't it sadly ironic that the Jags can afford to trade Ngakoue because they have Allen, the guy we should have taken?

15 minutes ago, EM31 said:

Can anyone say that he is not a team cancer at this point?

Even his biggest fan JiF has come around to that conclusion.  Perfect example is that he posts a video of Ceedee Lamb instead of Denzel Mims and Sam.  That right there shows you he has detached himself from the Jets 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Even if a team trades for him he's controllable for 3 years at around $25 million. Giving up a 1st for 3 years of control at half his actual value is a good deal for a team interested in him.  The extension does not have to be part of the deal bc Jamal has no leverage except to sit out and get fined and miss paychecks.  The holdout threat has been lessened now bc fines are now mandatory and teams can't just erase them like they used to.  Its $40,000 per day during training camp and about $1.5 million in fines if he holds out all training camp.  No player is stupid enough to do that especially a player only scheduled to make $825,000 this year in actual cash. 

• Upvote 1

Really sucks that we didn't trade him before the draft but hindsight being 20-20 etc.....   Imagine getting Dallas' 1 (number 17) and 3rd plus a decent player.   Now we have no idea if any 1 pick we receive would high, low or in the middle.  Depending on the team it could be as lows as the 20's.     Whatever happens, I trust JD will make the best deal he can under the circumstances.  Wow, did I really just say that about a Jets GM?  How things have changed!

• Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, Ohhthepain said:

Same but is moving CD even possible. What would be his dead cap hit if hes traded. I remember we couldnt move QW last year bc of that 

Whatever the dead money is, it's irrelevant.  There's a 0 % chance the Cowboys would move Lamb in a trade for Adams.  It makes no sense for them to do that.

Gallup is the one whose contract expires after 2021.  He's the guy to move.  Not a cheap rookie that they'll be pairing with a very expensive Amari Cooper for the next 4+ seasons.

5 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Really sucks that we didn't trade him before the draft but hindsight being 20-20 etc.....   Imagine getting Dallas' 1 (number 17) and 3rd plus a decent player.   Now we have no idea if any 1 pick we receive would high, low or in the middle.  Depending on the team it could be as lows as the 20's.     Whatever happens, I trust JD will make the best deal he can under the circumstances.  Wow, did I really just say that about a Jets GM?  How things have changed!

Honestly we don’t even know if Dallas  was willing to trade that much for him 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, shawn306 said:

You would be lucky to get a first at this point. 

GM’s know he wants out. So the offers are not going to be A first round pick +

He may want out, but if more than one team wants him they'll have to outbid each other for an all pro safety who still has two years on his rookie contract. They aren't making offers in a vacuum it's called an auction not a fire sale.