The Big "Jamal Officially asks to be traded" Thread

6 minutes ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

Yes, lol.

@slats called me by this name in a thread last night, and I thought it was hysterically funny. I asked him if he would change my screen name for me.... and here we are!

Laughter is good medicine, buddy.

?

If you want to embrace it further, you can make this your profile pic:

https://seeklogo.com/images/T/trolli-logo-4D240B44D4-seeklogo.com.png

Or, you know, @slats or @The Crusher could do it.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

Yes, lol.

@slats called me by this name in a thread last night, and I thought it was hysterically funny. I asked him if he would change my screen name for me.... and here we are!

Laughter is good medicine, buddy.

?

I couldn’t do it myself, so I put in a ticket to our great IT guys and they took care of it. :D 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

We can't set a precedent that the players are in control of the team. JD would look really bad. If he gets fair market value that's one thing, but he should never just unload him for a late first and a 3rd. Absolutely should not go to a contender unless another great player and a pick is involved. Otherwise make him play for two years. The minute he realizes the Jets can be good he'll be 'less loud.' He won't be the type of guy to sit out of games. If he does sit out and the Jets start fast without him, his value decreases - with or without the Jets.

• Post of the Week 2

I like Adams, think he is a damn good safety, maybe the best in the NFL. Yet, in the real world you don’t pay safeties QB money, not now not ever. He should be paid well and has earned few extra million a year in his contract, with his play. Not 20 million a year extra, and JD I don’t think is going to pay him that kind of money.
So Jamal wants out, I say fine, if we can find a team stupid enough to want to pay him his asking price as well as ours then we need to ship him out.
I know everyone placing a value on him 1 rd and 3rd etc...
This is what would make me very happy, a solid young offensive lineman who will join the line and play for the Jets for the next 5 to 8 years. Does not need to be an All Pro, just a solid Blue collar lunch pail type.
Then a pass rusher who can actually get to the QB upon occasion, not every down, but say on third and longs where the opposing QB has to take that extra second or two for the play to develop. A 10 sack a season type of guy in this defense.
If we got that for Adams I wouldn’t even remember he played on this team.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1

(Joe D answers his office phone yesterday and checks his service before going to a meeting)

JOE... THIS JAMAL!  TRADE ME!  TRADE ME!  TRADE ME!  TRADE ME!  LOOK! EVERYBODY WANTS YOU TO TRADE ME!  TRADE ME!  YOU WANT TO TRADE ME!  TRADE ME TRADE ME NOW!  THAT GUY WANTS YOU TO TRADE ME!  YOUR MOM WANTS YOU TO TRADE ME!  YOUR DAD DOES TOO!  I'VE GOT A INSTAGRAM VIDEO OF YOUR FORMER COLLEGE COACH TELLING YOU TO TRADE ME!  I''LL SHOOT THIS DOG IF YOU DON'T TRADE ME!  JUST TRADE ME! 

DOITDOITDOITDOITDOITDOITDOITDOITDOITDOITDOITDOIT!

(beep)

("You have  another 62 messages.")

6 hours ago, cant wait said:

I’m not denying his skill as a player, but from day 1 he called himself a leader and said he was here to change the culture. Now he says he’s willing to wait on a contract if he gets sent to a ready made SB contender. He’s the opposite of a leader

he's an absolute fraud....

THE MOUF THAT BORED

1 hour ago, Wonderboy said:

This is not wise IMO. If a player doesn't want to be here and has been a constant pain in the azz, then take action. So many players have demanded trades in all sports, no matter how good they were, and have been traded for less value.  And there have been GM's that stuck it out and got really good deals for their star player.  But Adams isn't really all that. He is NOT Patrick Ramsey or the like.  This throws a wrench into the problem.  JD needs to act and rid himself of this self proclaimed wannbe before the season starts.  JD didn't draft Adams. Gase is probably sick of his antics as well. And seeing how Gase values certain positions over others, I'm sure he has zero interest in extending a SS at 15M per year that barely impacts games.  Keeping a disgruntled Adams on this team for 2-3 years is asinine and will just backfire.  

I don't want to keep Adams around for 2-3 years.  I think next year's trade deadline is the time to move him, when the uncertainty of the season and 2021 draft  will be removed from the equation, and the contenders will have separated themselves. 

Trading him for 2021 picks now or even 6 weeks from now is a risky endeavor when we don't know how the college or pro season are going to look yet, and thus don't know what the 2021 draft will look like either.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Surprised Jamal hasn't mentioned the Giants, considering his father played for them.

probably out of respect for his father.  He's going to trash any team he goes to eventually.  I doubt many teams are interested in getting this nut case.  Not only is he out of touch with reality with respect to his talent, positional value, but he also has severely disrespected every single teammate of his with this 7 team wish list for Santa.  This man is delusional.  He's nuts.  Good riddance. Get a deal arranged and be done with it.  

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

If you want to embrace it further, you can make this your profile pic:

https://seeklogo.com/images/T/trolli-logo-4D240B44D4-seeklogo.com.png

Or, you know, @slats or @The Crusher could do it.

@Losmeister

Heres how seriously I take this stuff spoot...

@Patriot Killa said I was like a Russian spy when I started questioning Darnold’s ankle thing early in his rookie year, so I went with that, but I needed an avatar, so I asked for help.

@Long Island Leprechaun Sent me the Boris Badanov thing, and viola!

The only thing I’ve ever chosen was 14 in green, and let’s face it.... not me, lol.

That trolli thing is funny, and  who cares? I’d roll with it, but I kind of like keeping the last two remnants of 14 in green’s evolution in place for now.

1 hour ago, slats said:

I couldn’t do it myself, so I put in a ticket to our great IT guys and they took care of it. :D 

I’m far from the most computer savvy guy around, and I obviously didn’t know when you got it done, but if you would’ve seen how frustrated I got trying to sign in earlier tonight, you would’ve gotten a kick out of it.

i couldn’t figure out why I kept being told either my user name or password was incorrect.  ?

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

I’m far from the most computer savvy guy around, and I obviously didn’t know when you got it done, but if you would’ve seen how frustrated I got trying to sign in earlier tonight, you would’ve gotten a kick out of it.

i couldn’t figure out why I kept being told either my user name or password was incorrect.  ?

Sorry!

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Everyone all emotional on this board getting all nuts. Prez says no hard feelings!

7D9A1D49-3BE1-4F18-8AD2-7D5E41A15735.jpeg

Sounds like an ex trying to get you to move out of an apartment when your name is on the lease and the rent checks all get drawn from your checking account.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I changed his name. I’m done for the night: 

Lol.

Ya done good man. I still chuckle every time I see it.

Now when people call me a troll, I’ll think they’re just wanting to be on a first name basis

3 minutes ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

Lol.

Ya done good man. I still chuckle every time I see it.

Now when people call me a troll, I’ll think they’re just wanting to be on a first name basis

Fair play... if they get angry with your takes from now on and don't look at your handle.  The joke's on them.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Paradis said:

I get it (i'm one of the biggest draft nerds on this site), but how many times have we told ourselves that ^^

I've grown numb to the mantra. 

We're not likely getting certified blue chips in return, but imagine pulling off a trade to PHI for Derek Barnett (DE/OLB) and Dallas Goedert (TE)... i would welcome the opportunity at this point. 

The uncertainty of the college season would make me shy away from picks in any deal in 2021. I want an established high quality starter at a position of need who is under team control at least through 2021 to begin the discussion.  Without that I'm not moving him. 

• Upvote 1