The Big "Jamal Officially asks to be traded" Thread

9 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

So, spite him and hurt the team simultaneously. Brilliant!

We disagree with what's best for the team. Giving in and letting this kid bully us into a trade he wants is worse than making him rot on the bench/sit home with 3 years of control left on his contract. I'd rather forgo the compensation right now to teach him the real world is different than social media. He's not that special and I'm not that interested in playing his game.

I think we franchise tag him twice and that gives the Jets 4 years of control. and as a safety those numbers are not too big. I would make this toolbag sit if he doesn't like it...these are his prime years and they will be burned along with his top earning potential. Since he is a narcissistic tool bag he deserves this 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, sciond said:

I think we franchise tag him twice and that gives the Jets 4 years of control. and as a safety those numbers are not too big. I would make this toolbag sit if he doesn't like it...these are his prime years and they will be burned along with his top earning potential. Since he is a narcissistic tool bag he deserves this 

I agree with you.  Push comes to shove he will play because we all know money is the most important thing for him.  He basically tryIng to bully the Jets into either giving into his crazy money demands or trading him to wherever he wants.  Adams will soon realize that Douglas will do neither and won’t put up with his sh*t.  Unless JD gets the deal he wants Jamal is gonna he here 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

Yes, lol.

@slats called me by this name in a thread last night, and I thought it was hysterically funny. I asked him if he would change my screen name for me.... and here we are!

Laughter is good medicine, buddy.

?

Some times the truth is funnier than fiction.. 

BTW you still haven’t said which team you support?

18 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

I don't think douglas is going to trade adams or give him a new deal.  he's going to make him shut up and play hard and try to win the division.  he's going to make him earn a new contract, not just with his on field play but with his true leadership skills that have clearly not developed.  and the jets need him since i expect them to make the playoffs during this time.

douglas has an all star for 3 more years before adams has control of his destiny.  this means adams will be 27 before he can get a long term deal.  that's leverage.  

JD can franchise Adams twice before he becomes a UFA. A 28 year old box SS hitting the market will not get a big $$$ guaranteed contract.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, 68JET11 said:

Nobody ever gives me credit for being the first (at least I think) lol.. to say that Maye should be moved to SS after the Adams flare up... I think I should be promoted to MOD, so everyone can pay due homage lol... @TomShane was that TomShaney enough lol...

Hey, I was right there with you. I started a thread where I had just watched 3 games in which Maye clearly outplayed Adams and all I got was a bunch of down votes (like I could give a crap).

I hope some moron GM will give JD fair value for the ego maniac so GW can play Maye at SS and Ashtyn Davis as a true FS and the Jets receive draft and cap compensation that JD will use to significantly improve the team.

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

If they had traded him during the season last year for a 1+ to the Cowboys, they'd have Lamb + another player and I guarantee the Jets would've been better off.

The Jets played it all wrong. He should've been long gone before this. Any idiot could have seen this coming.

That was never the offer. Otherwise like you say we'd have multiple IMPACT PLAYERS at PREMIUM POSITIONS for a box SS malcontent.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Snell41 said:

There’s a trend lately where players basically sabotage their way off the team they’re on. It’s trending because it has worked. GM’s need to put their foot down. If this means Jamal ends up not playing for 3 years and we get nothing for him then so be it. This guy is straight up out of his mind.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

This is my stance. If you want to try and lower our compensation by shooting your way out of town, then I'm good with getting no picks and wasting the next 3 to 4 years of your career. The more he throws his tantrums, the less I care if we get anything back for him. I'll take the 2nd or 3rd round compensatory pick 4 years from now and the satisfaction of telling him no

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

@Losmeister

Heres how seriously I take this stuff spoot...

@Patriot Killa said I was like a Russian spy when I started questioning Darnold’s ankle thing early in his rookie year, so I went with that, but I needed an avatar, so I asked for help.

@Long Island Leprechaun Sent me the Boris Badanov thing, and viola!

The only thing I’ve ever chosen was 14 in green, and let’s face it.... not me, lol.

That trolli thing is funny, and  who cares? I’d roll with it, but I kind of like keeping the last two remnants of 14 in green’s evolution in place for now.

I should have sent Fearless Leader instead. :)

Fearlessleader.jpg

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, T0mShane said:

He wants to be a Cowboy but the Cowboys can’t trade for him until they resolve Dak’s situation, so this is just Jamal getting desperate and letting Jerry off the hook to facilitate the trade. 1000% the Cowboys have let Jamal’s people know they’d trade for him but can’t do anything with the contract until Dak is resolved. This is the workaround.

The Boy's would trade the POS SS box SS for a 4th and nothing more.  JD will tell Jerry to eat carp  especially after he leaked the BS trade rumors he leaked.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Snell41 said:

There’s a trend lately where players basically sabotage their way off the team they’re on. It’s trending because it has worked. GM’s need to put their foot down. If this means Jamal ends up not playing for 3 years and we get nothing for him then so be it. This guy is straight up out of his mind.

I agree... and BTW, one of my favorite JETS from that era....

8 hours ago, pdxgreen said:

Sounds like an ex trying to get you to move out of an apartment when your name is on the lease and the rent checks all get drawn from your checking account.

Actually been there

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Guy has no leverage, we own his ass for another 3 years including the Tag.

If someone want to trade an edge rusher as part of the trade I’m all in.

Uh, that's not how I would say this during the tumultuous time in our history. 

7 hours ago, Aaron Hernandez said:

We disagree with what's best for the team. Giving in and letting this kid bully us into a trade he wants is worse than making him rot on the bench/sit home with 3 years of control left on his contract. I'd rather forgo the compensation right now to teach him the real world is different than social media. He's not that special and I'm not that interested in playing his game.

Yeah, I guess if someone was not a fan of the TEAM succeeding, sure. 

Life lessons for JA is the real goal here.

7 hours ago, sciond said:

Franchising him twice will put the team in the position of overpaying a safety, and overpaying a safety that will hinder other  personnel needs (meaning that the salary is all guaranteed and put into that year's cap--rather than spreading the deal around in a longer term contract and spreading a signing bonus). 

Franchise Tags are not the most team friendly.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Aaron Hernandez said:

You're right, it's brilliant form the new GM to set the precedent that some malcontent drama queen can shoot his way out of town on instagram

Or, he can just play under the contract he has now, and the Jets trade him (if the value is considered appropriate) when the time is appropriate to any of teams that will pay that cost (not just his selected teams).

Your idea simultaneously decreases Adams' value, and hurts the team.

The Jets have all the leverage here, but that does not mean they should do stupid things.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Jets723 said:

Beningo is just a pessimistic fan.  He blames the Jets for everything.  Evan is slobbering all over Adams like he is Lawrence Taylor or something ? 

They both think Jamal Adams is better than Lawrence Taylor

• WTF? 1

5 hours ago, Snell41 said:

I'd rather he sit out the season then to trade him.  They cannot allow him to dictate this situation especially when the Jets have all the leverage.  I'm confident Douglas will handle this appropriately.