The Big "Jamal Officially asks to be traded" Thread

9 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Prez is tone deaf

Frankly, it is both amazing and frightening that Jamal is so far removed from reality.  

He is not of sound mind.

I'm not saying he is bat-sht/dangerous/crazy like AB, but there is something wrong in that brain of his.

You know what?  Trade him now even if you don't get more than a 1st.  The guy is nuts and that does not bode well for the future.  It would probably be a great relief to all his teammates too with what has become a distraction and insult to them. 

5 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Adams not liking/thinking Darnold was good has been circulating for a bit. Ryan Clarke has made reference to this a few times.

I wonder how much of that has to do with Darnold being perceived as the face of the franchise.  Normally I'd say that would be silly but with Adams, anything appears to be possible.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I wonder how much of that has to do with Darnold being perceived as the face of the franchise.  Normally I'd say that would be silly but with Adams, anything appears to be possible.

Very possible, always felt that was part of it.

50 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Franchising him twice will put the team in the position of overpaying a safety, and overpaying a safety that will hinder other  personnel needs (meaning that the salary is all guaranteed and put into that year's cap--rather than spreading the deal around in a longer term contract and spreading a signing bonus). 

Franchise Tags are not the most team friendly.

But it also gives the team flexibility to either trade the player or simply let him walk away after a year

not that this will ever happen.  Adams is having a meltdown over playing on a rookie contract he signed I can’t imagine the S fit he would throw if he ever got tagged

He has no say in what team he gets traded to.  None. 

His little list of the "hateful eight" is just a ploy to rile up Jets fans.  He wants Jets fans to rage at him.  He wants Jets fans to pressure the team to get rid of him. 

His social media activity makes that abundantly clear.  If the Jets trade him to any of the other 23 teams that are not on his Dear Santa Clause list, he'll have to threaten a holdout there.  He is trying to scare away those teams.   Will it work?  I have no idea, but I wouldn't want him on my team after this whether I'm in those eight or not.

• Upvote 4

27 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Adams not liking/thinking Darnold was good has been circulating for a bit. Ryan Clarke has made reference to this a few times.

Must have picked him off once in practice when they know the offensive playbook. It's a big accomplishment for the world's greatest safety. That makes it his 3rd pick in the last 3 years/46 games.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

Uh, that's not how I would say this during the tumultuous time in our history. 

I knew somebody would say its racist.  We may not own his ass, but we sure as hell control his ass. Let him rot on the bench. Revis 2.0 without the impact on the game.

5 hours ago, Big_Slick said:

That was never the offer. Otherwise like you say we'd have multiple IMPACT PLAYERS at PREMIUM POSITIONS for a box SS malcontent.

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/cowboys/2019/10/29/cowboys-have-consideration-in-the-mill-before-tuesdays-trade-deadline/

Douglas overplayed his hand asking for a 1 and two 2s. We could've gotten a 1 and a 3 from Jerry.

I guarantee we don't get a 1 and a 3 for Adams now. 

I like Douglas but he played it wrong. Should've traded him in October. Said it at the time, was proven right

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/cowboys/2019/10/29/cowboys-have-consideration-in-the-mill-before-tuesdays-trade-deadline/

Douglas overplayed his hand asking for a 1 and two 2s. We could've gotten a 1 and a 3 from Jerry.

I guarantee we don't get a 1 and a 3 for Adams now. 

I like Douglas but he played it wrong. Should've traded him in October. Said it at the time, was proven right

It’s still early enough in Jamal’s rookie contract to get a decent package back

if the jets wait until next summer forget about it.  We will be lucky to get a 2nd

1 hour ago, Scott Dierking said:

Franchising him twice will put the team in the position of overpaying a safety, and overpaying a safety that will hinder other  personnel needs (meaning that the salary is all guaranteed and put into that year's cap--rather than spreading the deal around in a longer term contract and spreading a signing bonus). 

Franchise Tags are not the most team friendly.

In this case, it's very team friendly. Top safeties right now top out at around $14M/year. The franchise tag number for a safety right now is $11.4M. Jamal Adams is rumored to want more than $20M/year, but lets say he'd settle for even $16M.  He's under contract now for two years, $13.3M total, figure the 2022 FT number up another million at $12.4. Second tag at a 20% raise in 2023 is still under $15M. The Jets have a significant amount of control over Adams right now, and his camp knows it. That's why they're trying to shoot themselves out of town right now. 

• Upvote 3

57 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Why can't these two coexist? Sam's the face of the franchise and Jamal is the mouth of the franchise. Whats the issue?

35 minutes ago, Aaron Hernandez said:

Must have picked him off once in practice when they know the offensive playbook. It's a big accomplishment for the world's greatest safety. That makes it his 3rd pick in the last 3 years/46 games.

Cool just 3 more to catch up to the so called average Marcus Maye. Lol

15 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

No owner, HC or DC wants to hear this crap from their 'star' defensive 'leader'.  It just seeps through the team's chemistry.  Players start taking sides and resentment brews.  It would be in the Jets best interest at this point just to get rid of Jamal before the start of the season.  What's puzzling is JD's stance on this. He knew Adams was going to be a pain in the azz over this.  Draft time was the window to trade him.  JD has now boxed himself in a corner with this and Jamal is not holding back any punches.  Just looks like a situation that will only get uglier and uglier and uglier. 

I wish Adams had been dealt last year at the trade deadline, but that didn't happen. There were really no rumors about Jamal getting moved leading up to, or during, the draft. JD did make one very good move, and that was to draft a guy in the third round who could start as a rookie at safety, and probably make the defense more dynamic as a result. 

Last year's crying was obviously a signal, but Jamal Adams is behaving irrationally here, and it's difficult to predict irrational behavior. He has no real leverage at all. He's not nearly as good nor as important as he thinks he is. Joe Douglas isn't boxed in anywhere, and has no reason to be in a rush. It's June. Baseball just opened "spring" training, and they're already starting to close it. We don't know if/when this year's football season will start. What's his rush? Jamal makes this announcement on a Thursday, and we're in panic mode by Saturday? No. No reason for that. He's under the Jets control for the next four years should they decide to exercise that control. At least the next two without it. 

Jamal Adams with his list of teams he'd be willing to play for has probably spoken, directly or indirectly, to a handful of them, at least. He's got a good idea of where he might expect to wind up if a trade happens now. Joe Douglas can continue to do what he's been doing; saying nothing publicly and answering the phone when it rings. This is no time for a fire sale. Those teams Adams has spoken to will call. 

• Upvote 1