The Big "Jamal Officially asks to be traded" Thread

Jamal liked a tweet by Cro claiming its not about the money. Of course we have already seen Jamal posting about his contract multiple times so its going to be funny when he now claims its not about the money. He is getting ready to slander the organization with some outlandish claims to make it impossible for the Jets to keep him. This guy will never play for the Jets again.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, heymangold said:

He’ll be 30 this fall.  He doesn’t interest me, especially with Herndon and griffin.

30 isn't all that old for a TE.  Tony Gonzalez, Antonio Gates, Shannon Sharpe and Jason Witten were all highly productive well into their mid-30s.

I know you can also point to several TEs who broke down in their early 30s.  But Ertz has never struck me as the kind of TE that has taken a beating like the likes of Gronk, Jimmy Graham or Vernon Davis.  

My guess is Ertz has at least 2 more seasons of elite TE play left in him.  That's more than enough if they're also giving us a 1st round pick.

1 hour ago, slats said:

PFT: 

Will the Jets trade Jamal Adams?

Posted by Mike Florio on June 20, 2020, 10:10 AM EDT
GettyImages-1188466517.jpg?w=560&h=316&c
Getty Images

The hardest part could be getting to the unvarnished truth, because neither Adams nor the Jets will want his potential new team to be scared off by whatever happened to poison the relationship so quickly.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

You'd hope that Adams understands the bold, but his actions suggest that he either doesn't understand or doesn't care. You'd think his ego would want the Jets to get two first rounders for him, but his head probably doesn't want his new team trading away too many assets... he does, after all, want to join a playoff ready team. 

Jamal doesn't but you would think the people around him would be telling him this at some point.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetluv58 said:

I guess what I don’t get about the “he doesn’t do all that much” take is, then why was he an All-Pro?

Being an All-Pro doesn't always equate to a player having a significant impact.  The Pro Bowl and All-Pro teams are a popularity contest as much as it is a nice honor.

Punters and Kickers make the All-Pro team, too.  Saquon Barkley was a 1st Team All-Pro in 2018, putting up one of the best rookie seasons ever seen by a RB, yet the Giants went 5-11 that year.

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 1

14 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

Jamal liked a tweet by Cro claiming its not about the money. Of course we have already seen Jamal posting about his contract multiple times so its going to be funny when he now claims its not about the money. He is getting ready to slander the organization with some outlandish claims to make it impossible for the Jets to keep him. This guy will never play for the Jets again.

He may slander the Jets but I don't see the jets trading him away just to get rid of him... They aren't going to give him away. 

JA is going to claim that JD talked that they would start discussions after the draft... They didn't because they are working through a global crisis and now cro is coming out to defend him saying it's the organization. But Bart Scott is disagreeing with cro saying that you are treated how you treat them. 

Anyway it will be something that JA thinks is 'bad' and will only make him look worse. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

For the OMG his value is going to drop if he bitches about the franchise crowd.  Tannenbaum still got a 1st for Abraham on the franchise tag and noted trade-meister Idzik #13 overall Revis who was working on his 3rd hold out.  Adams has 2 cheap years left.  I am not afraid.  Flap away Jamal.  

Exactly.  Teams who want Adams aren't going to be too concerned about his little tirade.  They all think that will come to an end once he's on their team.  Just like teams who have traded for the likes of Odell Beckham and Antonio Brown.

They're wrong, but they all think that way.

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

He’s gonna say he can’t trust the front office. That’s what Cro is preaching too. Which is just dumb. Because the GM did his job in listening to offers?

Because you haven’t gotten a contract offer yet in the midst of a pandemic where there might not even be a football season? 

Also, he lost me after this. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Being an All-Pro doesn't always equate to a player having a significant impact.  The Pro Bowl and All-Pro teams are a popularity contest as much as it is a nice honor.

Punters and Kickers make the All-Pro team, too.  Saquon Barkley was a 1st Team All-Pro in 2018, putting up one of the best rookie seasons ever seen by a RB, yet the Giants went 5-11 that year.

Aww, poor @Prez33 didn't like this one.

Jordan Adams.jpg

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, slats said:

You don't hold onto him for spite, and you don't have a fire sale. You keep doing what you were doing. Getting ready for the (hopefully) upcoming season, and listening to offers. It's June. There doesn't need to be any immediate reaction. With any luck, more than one team will start to express interest in the coming weeks. 

I agree, the question was rhetorical. I've said previously that more than one team will bid on him.

20 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

and here we go......

I don't get what Cromartie's point is.  He has an issue with the Jets front office?  The guy made about $44M in the NFL $32M came from the Jets.  Is he mad that we only paid him $7M of the 4/$32M  contract he signed in 2015?  You know we only gave him $7M for one year when the Cards valued him at $4M/year and the Colts $2.75M? 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

I don't get what Cromartie's point is.  He has an issue with the Jets front office?  The guy made about $44M in the NFL $32M came from the Jets.  Is he mad that we only paid him $7M of the 4/$32M  contract he signed in 2015?  You know we only gave him $7M for one year when the Cards valued him at $4M/year and the Colts $2.75M? 

He said before, you can’t secretly try to trade someone and expect to keep their trust ?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Was a time the long term nonguaranteed nonsense contracts were a thing. Now teams don't really go for that. And most players have smartened up that it was kinda dumb anyway. You never saw most of the money. The Drew Rosenhauses might brag about it, but there was no point to it. Cro is  bad with money, and failing to find a CVS on his way home from the club with his latest Miss RightNow way too often. Those things are related.  Despite being a great player, he probably never understood how silly that was. All he really knows is he probably is basically broke. And it's a lot easier in his case to blame the Jets that look in the mirror. Really if you want to pick one guy who mismanaged his personal finances as bad as possible, it might be Cro. 

• Upvote 1

Don’t buy it. Gase and Gregg Williams seem to have a good working relationship. Gore came to play for Gase again. Jamal is just getting information and rhetoric out into the twitter to save face. He backed away from being mad at fans after being mad at fans because that’s a suicide so now he’s playing the victim to the coach.

• Upvote 2

A plan I wouldn't mind seeing Douglas execute to end this nonsense:

- Cut Williamson and Winters (saving $14 million in cap space)

- Re-sign Maye to an extension (3 yrs / $18 million / $9 million guaranteed)

- Prep Ashtyn Davis to be the starting FS

- Trade Adams and a #5 2021 pick to JAX for Ngakoue, #3 2021 pick and a #5
2022 pick

- Use the freed up $14 million in cap space to re-sign Ngakoue:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/3053044/yannick-ngakoue

• Upvote 3

32 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Don’t buy it. Gase and Gregg Williams seem to have a good working relationship. Gore came to play for Gase again. Jamal is just getting information and rhetoric out into the twitter to save face. He backed away from being mad at fans after being mad at fans because that’s a suicide so now he’s playing the victim to the coach.

Even if I choose to believe Gase has a role in this, If a head coach that doesn't care means that he doesn't want to give a SS 15+ million a year, I want "a HC that doesn't care."

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, KRL said:

A plan I wouldn't mind seeing Douglas execute to end this nonsense:

- Cut Williamson and Winters (saving $14 million in cap space)

- Re-sign Maye to an extension (3 yrs / $18 million / $9 million guaranteed)

- Prep Ashtyn Davis to be the starting FS

- Trade Adams and a #5 2021 pick to JAX for Ngakoue, #3 2021 pick and a #5
2022 pick

- Use the freed up $14 million in cap space to re-sign Ngakoue:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/3053044/yannick-ngakoue

I hate everything about this plan, with the lone exception being starting Davis at FS.  That should  be the case regardless of what we do with Adams.  Use Maye at SS, and if Adams is here on Week 1, use him primarily at Linebacker, or get creative with 3 Safety looks.  If any of the 3 comes off the field, it should be Maye.  

There's no reason to free up cap space right now.  We have $20M+ in cap space at the moment.  

We have no reason to extend Maye just to piss off Adams.  Let him play out the final year of his deal and try to earn his new contract while playing at SS where he's supposed to be.  If he doesn't, let him walk and try to get a comp pick.

I have zero interest in Ngakoue.  He is vastly overrated here and doesn't fit the profile for the kind of pass rusher JD seems to be looking for (I.E. athletic freak).  Ngakoue is a pretty average athlete and thus he doesn't have a particularly high ceiling.  He's also just as much of a malcontent as Adams is.  I like the idea of going after a pass rusher but I'd rather look elsewhere, or just take picks in a deal so we can find a homegrown pass rusher of our own.  

Any trade involving 2021 picks will need to wait until we know what is going on with the 2020 season (pro AND college) and the 2021 draft.

• Upvote 3

33 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I hate everything about this plan, with the lone exception being starting Davis at FS.  That should  be the case regardless of what we do with Adams.  Use Maye at SS, and if Adams is here on Week 1, use him primarily at Linebacker, or get creative with 3 Safety looks.  If any of the 3 comes off the field, it should be Maye.  

There's no reason to free up cap space right now.  We have $20M+ in cap space at the moment.  

We have no reason to extend Maye just to piss off Adams.  Let him play out the final year of his deal and try to earn his new contract while playing at SS where he's supposed to be.  If he doesn't, let him walk and try to get a comp pick.

I have zero interest in Ngakoue.  He is vastly overrated here and doesn't fit the profile for the kind of pass rusher JD seems to be looking for (I.E. athletic freak).  Ngakoue is a pretty average athlete and thus he doesn't have a particularly high ceiling.  He's also just as much of a malcontent as Adams is.  I like the idea of going after a pass rusher but I'd rather look elsewhere, or just take picks in a deal so we can find a homegrown pass rusher of our own.  

Any trade involving 2021 picks will need to wait until we know what is going on with the 2020 season (pro AND college) and the 2021 draft.

Matt Judon in Baltimore is a much more desirable trade piece.  I'm just not fond of trading Jamal for a draft pick that is almost certainly going to be a low pick.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

Matt Judon in Baltimore is a much more desirable trade piece.  I'm just not fond of trading Jamal for a draft pick that is almost certainly going to be a low pick.

Well that's why you use that as a starting point in a negotiation.  If Baltimore comes with an offer of a 1st rounder and nothing more, you say no and explain you project that to be around pick 30, thus need another significant piece to get a deal done.  

I like Judon, but unfortunately, he's not any better of an athlete than Ngakoue.  I'd be good with a 1st and Judon but it's not an ideal haul, and I also don't see Baltimore giving us that much.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Well that's why you use that as a starting point in a negotiation.  If Baltimore comes with an offer of a 1st rounder and nothing more, you say no and explain you project that to be around pick 30, thus need another significant piece to get a deal done.  

I like Judon, but unfortunately, he's not any better of an athlete than Ngakoue.  I'd be good with a 1st and Judon but it's not an ideal haul, and I also don't see Baltimore giving us that much.

Agree wholeheartedly.  

Honestly, the trade I want to make more than either Jax or Bal, is JuJu and a first (maybe more) with Pitt.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Agree wholeheartedly.  

Honestly, the trade I want to make more than either Jax or Bal, is JuJu and a first (maybe more) with Pitt.

That would be nice, but I can't imagine Pitt trading 1st round picks for safeties in consecutive years (unless they recently hired Maccaganan).

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

Even if I choose to believe Gase has a role in this, If a head coach that doesn't care means that he doesn't want to give a SS 15+ million a year, I want "a HC that doesn't care."

Look I’ve been on record saying that I never wanted to hire Gase but Anyone blaming Gase for Adams bitchy immature Behavior is Being silly.  Jamal was already starting to so this before we hired Gase 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1