The Big "Jamal Officially asks to be traded" Thread

9 minutes ago, Dinamite said:

That would be nice, but I can't imagine Pitt trading 1st round picks for safeties in consecutive years (unless they recently hired Maccaganan).

I'd say it was wishful thinking too, however they were one of the teams reportedly interested.

24 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

He’s going to blame Gase because Jamal is a coward who would rather die than face personal accountability for anything, which is why he’s not an actual leader, but a dime-a-dozen self-promoting hype man. When the Jets lost to the winless Dolphins after getting torched by Fitzpatrick on plays where Jamal was *clearly* out of position on at least two of the TDs, Jamal responded by blaming Darryl Roberts and suggesting that he (Jamal) should play corner. He’s an absolute turd. And as if you needed a better character witness to validate this turdness, having Antonio Cromartie in your corner is like having OJ Simpson write a letter of recommendation to attach to your Match.com profile. 

Couldn't have said it better myself.

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I have zero interest in Ngakoue.  He is vastly overrated here and doesn't fit the profile for the kind of pass rusher JD seems to be looking for (I.E. athletic freak).  Ngakoue is a pretty average athlete and thus he doesn't have a particularly high ceiling.  He's also just as much of a malcontent as Adams is.  I like the idea of going after a pass rusher but I'd rather look elsewhere, or just take picks in a deal so we can find a homegrown pass rusher of our own.  

I really like Ngakoue, I'd gladly take him on. I'll have to watch some more of him I hadn't realized he has some limitations to his game. I just want him pinning his ears back and gunning for the QB every game. 

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

And as if you needed a better character witness to validate this turdness, having Antonio Cromartie in your corner is like having OJ Simpson write a letter of recommendation to attach to your Match.com profile. 

This one line is as witty a line as I have ever seen on the internet and that is saying something......

Bravo GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

He’s going to blame Gase because Jamal is a coward who would rather die than face personal accountability for anything, which is why he’s not an actual leader, but a dime-a-dozen self-promoting hype man. When the Jets lost to the winless Dolphins after getting torched by Fitzpatrick on plays where Jamal was *clearly* out of position on at least two of the TDs, Jamal responded by blaming Darryl Roberts and suggesting that he (Jamal) should play corner. He’s an absolute turd. And as if you needed a better character witness to validate this turdness, having Antonio Cromartie in your corner is like having OJ Simpson write a letter of recommendation to attach to your Match.com profile. 

ICONIC 

• Post of the Week 3

2 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

I really like Ngakoue, I'd gladly take him on. I'll have to watch some more of him I hadn't realized he has some limitations to his game. I just want him pinning his ears back and gunning for the QB every game. 

yannick-ngakoue-ras-13105.png?w=1170&ssl

Granted, some EDGE rushers with limited athleticism, like Ngakoue, have had success in the past.  Like this one:

demarcus-lawrence-ras-11181.png?w=1170&s

I just wouldn't take a chance on handing one a massive contract.

Lawrence himself just came off a season where he only collected 5 sacks in a full 16-game season.  Which of course came the moment after he got paid....

If you don't have a solid guy on the opposite side, it's difficult for lower athleticism guys, no matter how good they are at football, to generate a pass rush on their own.  

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

I don't get what Cromartie's point is.  He has an issue with the Jets front office?  The guy made about $44M in the NFL $32M came from the Jets.  Is he mad that we only paid him $7M of the 4/$32M  contract he signed in 2015?  You know we only gave him $7M for one year when the Cards valued him at $4M/year and the Colts $2.75M? 

Yes but let’s be fair that $44 million disappeared quick after he had 34 kids

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

The talking heads are acting like Jamal is in his 5th year and Douglas is threatening to Franchise Tag him. LOL.

Weird. I wonder whyyyyyyy......

They all hate the jets and are hoping we trade Adams to their favorite team (usually Cowboys, Giants or Steelers) for a 4th

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I think it’s deeper than that, imo. The team has zero chance to win when Sam isn’t in the lineup, and Adams made zero impact on the record when they started 1-7 with him as their “leader.” I think he’s acknowledging that he needs the cover of a better team around him to hide the fact that he doesn’t do all that much

He is to the Jets what Aquaman is to the Justice League. 

Meanwhile, Sam is Superman.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Old enough not to neg rep things that make me upset, especially not without saying something in retort.

Argue against the point instead.

Arguing with you is pointless. You’ve resorted to the “All Pro’s and Pro Bowls are popularity contests” weak ass argument. Your position is rigidly fixed against the guy to the point of unreasonable. I don’t waste my time with that. 

• Thumb Down 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Prez33 said:

Arguing with you is pointless. You’ve resorted to the “All Pro’s and Pro Bowls are popularity contests” weak ass argument. Your position is rigidly fixed against the guy to the point of unreasonable. I don’t waste my time with that. 

So you choose to neg rep like a child instead?  Why not just put me on ignore in that case?

I've been right about the guy for 2 years now.  If you choose to hang onto his silly awards as a reason to still support him, have at it.  His numbers are not very special and he's not a likable player to root for.  That's really the bottom line on Jamal Adams.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

if you needed a better character witness to validate this turdness, having Antonio Cromartie in your corner is like having OJ Simpson write a letter of recommendation to attach to your Match.com profile. 

Having Cro write you a recommendation letter for your Match.com profile would be worth it's weight in gold though!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Stole this - brilliant 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, ljr said:

Having Cro write you a recommendation letter for your Match.com profile would be worth it's weight in gold though!!!

"Take it from me, this guy is a legendary stickman.  But he'll also be loyal.  You can trust me.  My sperm is so potent its broken through condoms and vasectomies.  I'm Antonio Cromartie, and I support this Match profile."

• Haha 2

Yep.  Hindsighters who were formerly Jamal fans are coming out of the woodwork in droves to say JD was dumb for not taking Jones' offer at the deadline. 
Mere months ago they were saying a 1st and 2nd rounder was the minimum compensation JD should be willing to accept.
Who are these soldiers of said fictional army ?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

42 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Who are these soldiers of said fictional army ?

14 in Green (now Trolly McTrollface), FidelioJet, and New York Mick to name a few.  I believe heymangold is in that category too.  

Pac, NYJ1 and DLJ are still on the Pro-Jamal side.  The first 2 think he will still get signed by the Jets.  The 3rd on the list put Adams ahead of the uniform and I think has left the board over it.  

More Cowbell was a big pro-Jamal guy before all this went down, too.  Not sure where he stands, I don't read his posts much. 

And then there's Prez33, lol.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

JD: Hi it’s JD. How about Adams for Ngakoue and your 2nd rounder. Good deal huh. 

Jags GM: Hmmmm how about Ngakoue for Adams, your 2nd rounder and your punt returner.

JD: ohhh you saw that movie huh.

23 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Honestly, I’d rather trade Adams to the Bengals for a 2 than I would to the Cowboys for a one and a three, just to spite the **** out of him and to watch the Bengals force him to play on the tag for three years. sh*t would be the fire that lights the sun in the ol’ Shane household. 

Personally, my "scorch the earth" plan is to let him sit for 3-4 years and let him hit the market as a 28-29 year old SS who rode the pine the entire time.  Then I place an antipasto platter in my lap, fire up Twitter and Instagram, and watch as he b*tches across both platforms, digitally shouting: "DON'T THEY KNOW I'M BUILT DIFFERENT? LUV! #PREZ" when he gets hit with 2 year 22 million dollar offers from teams in FA.

• Haha 1

Montez Sweat is an interesting name as he is somewhat of the odd man out in Washington with them picking Chase Young.  The issue is Landon Collins is very similar to Adams - would JD consider taking his contract back?   You can basically be free with no dead money from Collins deal after this season.

20 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Montez Sweat is an interesting name as he is somewhat of the odd man out in Washington with them picking Chase Young.  The issue is Landon Collins is very similar to Adams - would JD consider taking his contract back?   You can basically be free with no dead money from Collins deal after this season.

You don’t want Landon Collins here.  He can’t cover most of the guys on this messageboard 

12 hours ago, ljr said:

When it comes to financial advice, Cro might be the single worst person on the planet to provide such https://sports.yahoo.com/news/antonio-cromartie-avoids-arrest-thanks-030931979.html

Antonio Cromartie avoids arrest thanks to new $3 million deal with Colts

When Vontae Davis went down with an injured ankle last week, it turned out to a good thing for Antonio Cromartie.

The Indianapolis Colts signed Cromartie Monday night to replace Davis, who will be out until at least October with a sprained ankle. And it was that one-year, $3 million contract the cornerback signed that will reportedly keep him out of jail.

According to TMZ Sports, Cromartie was facing a possible arrest for child support owed to the mother of his first child. Cromartie, 32, was delinquent on payments of $4,000 per month since January to Rosemita Pierre. According to the report, Cromartie skipped a court date in Florida last week, but was able to bring his account out of arrears thanks to his new deal. 

Cromartie, a four-time Pro Bowler who received over $7 million last year in base salary and bonuses with the New York Jets, has fathered at least 12 children from eight different women. He and his wife welcomed twins in May, though Cromartie said he had a vasectomy. 

The New York Post reported in January that Cromartie pays an estimated $336,000 a year in child support.

According to Spotrac, Cromartie has earned over $44 million during a 10-year NFL career. 

• Haha 2