The Big "Jamal Officially asks to be traded" Thread

49 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

I was looking at the contracts for tight ends, and my goodness is Kittle underpaid.

Might be the most underpaid football player in the league.

https://overthecap.com/position/tight-end/

He's currently making a tick over half a million dollars. Not even the highest paid TE on the 49ers!!

Agreed. However, last year was his big BIG year, he was on the rise the year before, so that explains why it hasnt happened yet. 

He will definitely get paid soon for two reasons. 

- Best at the position. 

- Ultimate Team guy. Fiercely loyal and is JUST boisterous enough without going overboard, while backing up his play. 

... two things Jamal is not. 

• Upvote 3

39 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Agreed. However, last year was his big BIG year, he was on the rise the year before, so that explains why it hasnt happened yet. 

He will definitely get paid soon for two reasons. 

- Best at the position. 

- Ultimate Team guy. Fiercely loyal and is JUST boisterous enough without going overboard, while backing up his play. 

... two things Jamal is not. 

Plus TEs simply don't make that much money, at least not relative to their actual worth to a team.  The top 2 guys (Hunter Henry, Austin Hooper) only make a little over $10M per season.  Kelce makes less than $9.5M per.

Leaguewide collusion has essentially kept TE costs low while WR costs have skyrocketed.  In 2014, Jimmy Graham tried to appeal to arbitrators that he should be considered a WR when slapped with the franchise tag by the Saints, but ultimately lost the battle and had to settle for the TE tag.  And that was the case even though he lined up as a WR on 67 % of his snaps the prior season, and franchise tag designation is, per the CBA, based on the position at which a player spent the majority of his time.

Essentially it became an unwritten agreement among the 32 franchises that TEs are not nearly as valuable as WRs, even while the top TEs essentially operate as WRs in their respective offenses.

Tyrell Williams and Tyler Boyd, the # 19 and 20 highest-paid WRs in the NFL, both make more than the highest paid TEs.  Williams, Boyd, Sterling Shepard, Tyler Lockett, Robby Anderson and Jamison Crowder all make more than Travis Kelce on a per-year basis.  That's insane.

Unless Kittle is able to successfully negotiate his way to significantly more money, the market will dictate he'll make something like $11M per season, at most, when he signs his 2nd contract.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

OMG, dude would be the best bartender ever, His personailty and energy is perfect. Might struggle with him naming every drink he makes after himself, but well worth the price of admission. 

lol at first I was like, huh?  

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

OMG, dude would be the best bartender ever, His personailty and energy is perfect. Might struggle with him naming every drink he makes after himself, but well worth the price of admission. 

Prez 1, Prez 2, Prez 33, JamAllPro 1, JamAllPro2, JamAllPro 33.....

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Prez 1, Prez 2, Prez 33, JamAllPro 1, JamAllPro2, JamAllPro 33.....

Jamal is the turd of a kid who throws a fit because the toy offer in his cereal box was a mail away coupon. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

I blame the Johnsons for this idiocy.  Dude plays in the largest market in the country.  Set him up with PrezMal supplements/sports medicine, sign him to a distribution contract with the Jets and tell him to STFU and play...

Pay Adams off the books?

Last I checked you weren’t allowed to get away with that unless you were Bob Kraft

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

He wants to go to DAL and get a new contract.  Here's what's so moronic about that, the

two last contracts Jones has negotiated have been absolute battles between the team

and Elliott and now Prescott.  Why would Adams think his negotiations would be any

different???

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, KRL said:

He wants to go to DAL and get a new contract.  Here's what's so moronic about that, the

two last contracts Jones has negotiated have been absolute battles between the team

and Elliott and now Prescott.  Why would Adams think his negotiations would be any

different???

Because unfortunately like many athletes today who grew up with social media, he has zero sense of reality.

The cowboys wont even give Dak franchise QB money, but there gonna give up two number ones to turn around and pay Jamal 20 mill a year?? 

Like beavis and butthead once said, "some people are dumb"

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

ALL national media and some local media will be on Adams side, no question about it.

Eh.  For a time.  The more outlandish his behavior the more it'll become popular to tear him down rather than prop him up.  

The national media only cares about this stuff for a bit, then it fades into the background.  When (not if) Jamal starts causing trouble again, the articles will read more like "Jamal up to more Jamal antics" than it will be pro-Jamal articles.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Eh.  For a time.  The more outlandish his behavior the more it'll become popular to tear him down rather than prop him up.  

The national media only cares about this stuff for a bit, then it fades into the background.  When (not if) Jamal starts causing trouble again, the articles will read more like "Jamal up to more Jamal antics" than it will be pro-Jamal articles.

The media thrives off controversy/negativity.  When it comes to the actual truth they don’t present it because it’s less exciting than the controversy 

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Lith said:

Jamal literally doesn't want to play for the Jets.  How can that not cause at least a LITTLE bit of tension?  If it was all about the money, sure, Snacks would be 100 % correct.  But its not.  This is about Adams trying to shoot his way out of town.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Jets723 said:

The media thrives off controversy/negativity.  When it comes to the actual truth they don’t present it because it’s less exciting than the controversy 

Right, but since I anticipate JD mostly staying silent, the controversial topic will be splitting the media up between pro-Jamal and anti-Jamal guys rather than focusing on JD.  JD will be the boring part of the equation.  

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

I hope his teammates don't vote him captain this year. Nothing will make me happier seeing him forced to play for us without that C on his chest.

You must be the happiest person ever if that’s your top choice.

I can think of at least a hundred things that would make me happier.

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Right, but since I anticipate JD mostly staying silent, the controversial topic will be splitting the media up between pro-Jamal and anti-Jamal guys rather than focusing on JD.  JD will be the boring part of the equation.  

That’s True.  This is why I also hate social media.  The media was always like this but with thing like twitter now it blows up ever bigger now and like you said splits that crowd even more 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Players who have proven to be in opposition to Adams thus far since his recent tirades (let me know if I missed anyone)

• Marcus Maye
  • Blessuan Austin
  • Bryce Huff

Players who have been in support of Jamal Adams:

• Antonio Cromartie

I imagine we'll see Damien Woody, always the voice of reason on Jets' matters, falling on the "STFU, Jamal" side of the debate, especially given that he sided with Joe Douglas after the trade deadline last October.

I think you can now add Maye to Cromartie. Also could throw in Ryan Clark (not to mention just about the entire Jets locker room). 

Players stick with players when it comes to each other’s financials. They’re not going to take managements side.

*Austin and Huff? talk about movers and shakers... ?

6 minutes ago, SouthernJet said:

I dont think Douglas cares,,which is why Jets finally got a GM hire right. We dont need a GM acting like todays politicians and bending to the current media items that get airplay regardless of doing any research or future impact

This.  We finally got a GM who knows what he is doing.  He is t going to be forced into doing anything even if the player continues to act like a baby.   He has a plan 

10 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I can think of 25 off the bat.  What are the other 75+?

1. Baker Mayfield winning a Super Bowl
  2. Baker Mayfield winning an MVP
  3. Baker Mayfield reaching the Hall of Fame
  4. Baker Mayfield beating the Jets in a playoff game
  5. Baker Mayfield signing a record-breaking contract
  6. Baker Mayfield setting the single season TDs record
  7. Baker Mayfield setting the career TDs record
  8. Josh Allen winning a Super Bowl
  9. Josh Allen winning an MVP
  10. Josh Allen reaching the Hall of Fame
  11. Josh Allen beating the Jets in a playoff game
  12. Josh Allen signing a record-breaking contract
  13. Josh Allen setting the single season TDs record
  14. Josh Allen setting the career TDs record
  15. Josh Allen setting the all-time QB rushing yardage record
  16. Josh Allen setting the all-time QB rushing TDs record
  17. Josh Allen winning a Super Bowl
  18. Daniel Jones winning an MVP
  19. Daniel Jones reaching the Hall of Fame
  20. Daniel Jones beating the Jets in a Super Bowl
  21. Daniel Jones signing a record-breaking contract
  22. Daniel Jones setting the single season TDs record
  23. Daniel Jones setting the career TDs record
  24. Jamal Adams receiving a record breaking contract for a defensive player
  25. Jamal Adams winning a Super Bowl with another team

Nice job, 80.

You gave me a good laugh, but, no, those don’t make the list either... nor does anything else football related. ?

49 minutes ago, SouthernJet said:

I dont think Douglas cares,,which is why Jets finally got a GM hire right. We dont need a GM acting like todays politicians and bending to the current media items that get airplay regardless of doing any research or future impact

The worry is not Douglas but our owner and CEO who eat up national media comments.  I can see lots of passive aggressive pushing my the johnsons on this .

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

They will eat up every excuse, he will say he was promised a reneg and promised no trade and he can say anything he likes.

National media who know nothing about this team will kill the jets for this no matter what.

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

ALL national media and some local media will be on Adams side, no question about it.

If the Jets go 9-7 next year, none of these bozos will remember Jamal Adams. If Douglas uses the return to draft a player that contributes to a few playoff runs, it’ll be genius. Best part? Dallas has a two year window from the second they sign Prescott and/or Adams, and they’re not even that good to begin with. 

• Upvote 1