prime21

The Big "Jamal Officially asks to be traded" Thread

1 minute ago, Skeptable said:

Don't be dumb  nobody is going to support him or say anything against him.... Snacks is right... They will stay out of his business... Just like baker should have done last year with Duke... 

You might be right. Let’s see how it plays out.

Jamals ego is so inflated right now.. This is really getting out of hand..Thank You Colin Cowherd for saying he's a Top 10 player in the league.. Come on Man 

I pray covid doesnt rob this fanbase of the opportunity to pack MetLife for this frauds first game back. Jamal is on some straight Hulk Hogan NWO heel turn. Bump him, bump his media mouthpiece Ryan Clark. I was with him on getting paid.  Live tweeting everyday like a clown has lost me forever.  We traded Revis after he led us to back to back title games, trading Adams is not anywhere close.

Image-1.png

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

I think the Jets-Adams relationship is well, over.

Next season headlines...

Jets GD.jpg

• Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Hey guys. I don’t have anything to add about Jamal Adams; I just wanted to stop by and remind everyone that Maccagnan took him over Patrick Mahomes and Deshaun Watson. Have a great week!

Happy Hour Drinking GIF

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

This place is going to be crazy when Jets players start coming out with tweets or statements in support of Adams.

Anybody who doesn’t think almost every one of them isn’t already behind their teammate is fooling themselves.

2 have already thrown shade at him.  I've yet to see a current Jets player defend his actions.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, LRJets said:

I think the Jets-Adams relationship is well, over.

Next season headlines...

Jets GD.jpg

That would mean we win the Super Bowl!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

2 have already thrown shade at him.  I've yet to see a current Jets player defend his actions.

Marcus Maye's current IG story and Lev liked a post supporting Jamal over the weekend.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Somebody said Austin and another no name were the two who did, I think. 

What did they actually say, do you know Moggs?

18 minutes ago, Revis said:

Marcus Maye's current IG story and Lev liked a post supporting Jamal over the weekend.

Didn't see the post liked by Le'Veon, but I did see Marcus Maye.

2 - 2 as far as I'm concerned.

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

There is at least one prominent player on the Defense, who is looked at as a significant leader, that does not like him 

Guess is Mcclendon.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

This place is going to be crazy when Jets players start coming out with tweets or statements in support of Adams.

Anybody who doesn’t think almost every one of them isn’t already behind their teammate is fooling themselves.

Oh man, c’mon! How great is that new username? 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

Before you criticize my opinions, tell me, have you ever played professional sports? 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Guess is Mcclendon.

Mosley

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

Blessaun Austin and Bryce Huff.

As far as the "inside scoop"...because I have been asked quite a bit over the last few days...I'll say this:

I said on this board last year, around the trade deadline, that Jamal is not as liked as you think he is.  There is at least one prominent player on the Defense, who is looked at as a significant leader, that does not like him at all.  The general consensus is that he's been a diva since day 1, but he's backed up his talk and they've tolerated him up until now.  The general feeling I've gotten from people who spoke to my guy, as recently as a couple of hours ago, is that a lot of players would say some colorful things to Jamal if they were face to face right now.  No one wants to make this worse than it is, and my guess is the worst thing you'll see is what Bless and Bryce posted.

I don’t buy into stuff like the unnamed leader thing Moggs. It’s a slippery slope.

You can play that game with just about any prominent player on any team. Look at what the OL did to Darnold’s car after he gave them the steak knives at the end of his rookie year. Then you have the thing where someone here said Adams didn’t think he was a good QB.

I don’t think the OL or Adams dislike Sam as a player or a person, but if you wanted to stir up something, that kind of crap would be fuel to stoke a fire. It basically comes down to what we as fans want to believe the truth is.

Personally I think Adams crossed a line the other day, but I’d still like to see the Jets work this out so he stays. I think it needs to be done quickly however, before it fractures the team.

If Douglas thinks it’s best to get rid of him, fine. I want us to keep our best players, but I’m a root for the laundry guy.

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

One of you is right. One of you is wrong.

Take that as you will lol.

McClendon strikes me as too nice, but Mosely doesn’t suffer fools lightly. I remember in a training camp clip from last year, he vwrbally batted Leonard Williams on the nose for calling him “the new guy” or some sh*t.

13 minutes ago, slats said:

Oh man, c’mon! How great is that new username? 

If you were Mr. Holland, it would be your Opus.

As for me, I feel unchained!!! 🤪

15 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Before you criticize my opinions, tell me, have you ever played professional sports? 

No, but I played one on tv, and I stayed at a Holiday Inn last night.

But even given all that, I’d never be so bold as to question one of your opinions. 😉

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, British Jet said:

Jesus Christ. This dude is the whiniest bitch that ever bitched. 

Agreed.  It’s pathetic at this point.  I used to be neutral on Adams but he is just a punk.  We know he doesn’t give a damn about the team never has.  He is talking like he is already a Dallas Cowboy.  He is either delusional or a baby or both 😂 

27 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

One of you is right. One of you is wrong.

Take that as you will lol.

Either of them would make Jamal his b!tch, so I doubt Jamal would say anything back to them. 

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

200.gif

• Upvote 1

From Albert Breer in SI  A lot of names mentioned in this article, only one acting like a child throwing a tantrum:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/06/22/covid-impact-market-jamal-adams-dak-prescott?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sinow&xid=socialflow_twitter_si

With Jamal Adams’s contract situation in the news, it’s certainly worth looking into how slow the pace of veteran extensions has been in general this offseason. Digging through it, I could find just three examples of guys getting big-time extensions with years left on their deals since America went into lockdown, without a trade being part of it (DeForest Buckner and Darius Slay got paid as part of trades). One was Panthers RB Christian McCaffrey, another was Texans OT Laremy Tunsil and a third was Bills S Jordan Poyer (whose deal was done before things went really crazy). Meanwhile, contract-year stars like Joey Bosa, Jalen Ramsey, Ronnie Stanley, Ryan Kelly, Alvin Kamara, Dalvin Cook, Chris Godwin, George Kittle, Keenan Allen, Patrick Peterson, Von Miller, and, yes, Adams are waiting for theirs. So the natural question: Is this COVID-related? And the answer is yes. The looming revenue shortfall doesn’t just make cash an issue for some teams, it also makes projecting the cap a problem. If there are big losses in 2020, that means the league and union will have to borrow from future years to keep the 2021 cap level to this year, which could mean ramifications reaching into 2022 and ’23. You may remember back in 2010 and early ’11, teams were hesitant do long-term deals for guys because of salary cap uncertainty. Same thing, to a degree, this year. Which might mean a lot of guys waiting a while for deals. And that could add an interesting twist to the seasons of some teams.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

48 minutes ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

No, but I played one on tv, and I stayed at a Holiday Inn last night.

But even given all that, I’d never be so bold as to question one of your opinions. 😉

That was a reference to an old, classic thread. 

2 hours ago, FlightBoyz said:

Jamals ego is so inflated right now.. This is really getting out of hand..Thank You Colin Cowherd for saying he's a Top 10 player in the league.. Come on Man 

I like Colin Cowherd and he is way better than 99% of these cable tv sports pundits but I couldn’t believe that either that was nuts

7 hours ago, Beerfish said:

National media:  The Jets went 9-7 because of pro bowler jamal adams, jets need to pony up and give the man his 20 million.

We haven’t sniffed a winning season since the GOAT safety graced us with his presence 

9 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Jamal literally doesn't want to play for the Jets.  How can that not cause at least a LITTLE bit of tension?  If it was all about the money, sure, Snacks would be 100 % correct.  But its not.  This is about Adams trying to shoot his way out of town.

Who cares.  NFL teams have 53 divas on the roster a lot of them dislike eachother and/or the coaches and/or the organization 

If JD doesn’t get a good offer Adams can cry us a river.  He’s becoming the Baker Mayfield of box safeties 

On 6/21/2020 at 4:55 PM, Lurker89 said:

I can't take an adult who wears a visor "un-ironically"  seriously in any regard.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, Beerfish said:

The worry is not Douglas but our owner and CEO who eat up national media comments.  I can see lots of passive aggressive pushing my the johnsons on this .

plus its not long till the return of the woody and the behind the scenes meddling escalates.

3 hours ago, Mogglez said:

IIRC, nobody supported him during his trade deadline freakout last season, either. And for a guy who’s supposedly crazy popular in the clubhouse, you never see him hanging with his teammates on any of his social media

• Upvote 3