The Big "Jamal Officially asks to be traded" Thread

prime21

4 hours ago, Jetlife33 said:

The CD Lamb trade proposals have to stop, no way are they trading him. 

That would be a dumb move by Dallas. They would be lucky if Lamb developed into an all-pro receiver. Adams is an all-pro already. Plus, they don't even need a receiver, and they need a better safety. Adams was 6th overall and Lamb was picked 17th. If I was JD it would have to be Lamb plus a pick or forget it.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

That would be a dumb move by Dallas. They would be lucky if Lamb developed into an all-pro receiver. Adams is an all-pro already. Plus, they don't even need a receiver, and they need a better safety. Adams was 6th overall and Lamb was picked 17th. If I was JD it would have to be Lamb plus a pick or forget it.

Jerry Jones is a starf—er.  TheBoys want Adams and are probably offering a nice package as I type this

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Giving any panel on ESPN a question about proposed trades is really bound to make anyone slit their wrists

All because those toolbags are all scared of being wrong, so they give nondescript predictions and contradict themselves every 3 days. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Greensleeves said:

When’s the last time a first round pick was traded before he ever played a down? I don’t think it happens very often if at all, and by many reports I saw Jerry had Lamb as a top 10 grade. Just don’t see how they would trade him on his rookie deal that quickly for a guy who eventually wants 20 million per. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, K_O_Brien said:

Gallup is fine. But if we are grabbing a player + a pick from the Cowboys, I'd prefer La'el Collins, or Connor Williams. Either of them plus a second is a realistic haul. Flip the second to the Steelers for Juju.

Juju plus an upgrade to the o-line helps Sam so much more in his development, than Adams ever could. 

Yeah, not bad except for the Juju fantasy.

6 hours ago, Jetlife33 said:

The CD Lamb trade proposals have to stop, no way are they trading him. 

I live out here.   They are ecstatic they got him.  The fans are ecstatic they got him. 

The boys could have a legit top 3 receiving core with their top 3 wr, plus Zeke coming out to catch passes.  No way they give that up for a safety.

• Post of the Week 1

There is 0% chance of Dallas trading Lamb for Adams even straight up. We would actually need to add something to the deal. But I do not think a first round pick has ever been traded in their first year other than in the draft like the Manning/Rivers thing

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

14 hours ago, JTJet said:

Dude. 

Well done, that must have taken you forever to put together. 

Unless you copied it from somewhere, in that case....still well done lol. 

I had pulled the stats from the players for a post from about 3 weeks ago:

The salary/draft figures I pulled specifically for the post yesterday.  

So you're half correct, lol.

5 hours ago, BUM-KNEE said:

What JD did was the right move. Wait till the smoke clears on the season/cap and make an informed decision at that point. JA can complain but it doesn't change that fact.

OK then.  Fast forward to next year's trade deadline.  Jamal still wants out, and has been causing trouble and discord all season.  What's the best move then?  

Still don't want to trade him then?  What about when 2021 rolls around?

Ultimately, a trade will have to happen.  It can't happen now due to the uncertainty.  But it's an eventuality that will have to happen down the road, no matter how many times you kick the can down the road.

11 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

OK then.  Fast forward to next year's trade deadline.  Jamal still wants out, and has been causing trouble and discord all season.  What's the best move then?  

Still don't want to trade him then?  What about when 2021 rolls around?

Ultimately, a trade will have to happen.  It can't happen now due to the uncertainty.  But it's an eventuality that will have to happen down the road, no matter how many times you kick the can down the road.

Next season it can happen.

There is no need to make a move right now. Period.

19 minutes ago, BUM-KNEE said:

Next season it can happen.

There is no need to make a move right now. Period.

I agree, but only because we don't know what value 2021 draft picks will have yet.  That's really the only good reason not to try to trade him now.

By the trade deadline, we'll have a much better idea of what the 2021 draft will look like.

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I agree, but only because we don't know what value 2021 draft picks will have yet.  That's really the only good reason not to try to trade him now.

By the trade deadline, we'll have a much better idea of what the 2021 draft will look like.

True

21 hours ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

I don’t buy into stuff like the unnamed leader thing Moggs. It’s a slippery slope.

You can play that game with just about any prominent player on any team. Look at what the OL did to Darnold’s car after he gave them the steak knives at the end of his rookie year. Then you have the thing where someone here said Adams didn’t think he was a good QB.

I don’t think the OL or Adams dislike Sam as a player or a person, but if you wanted to stir up something, that kind of crap would be fuel to stoke a fire. It basically comes down to what we as fans want to believe the truth is.

Personally I think Adams crossed a line the other day, but I’d still like to see the Jets work this out so he stays. I think it needs to be done quickly however, before it fractures the team.

If Douglas thinks it’s best to get rid of him, fine. I want us to keep our best players, but I’m a root for the laundry guy.

Well I mean, for the record, they're unnamed because I'm preferring to leave them unnamed.  I've already narrowed it down to two people and will leave it at that.  Whether you wanna buy in or not is totally up to you.  As always, I just let my track record speak for itself.

Regarding Adams: he's checked out.  There's no salvaging this. At this point, I'd lose respect for Douglas if he caved and paid Jamal.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I liked that ESPN article the other day where they polled seven of their writers on how to deal with Adams. The first question was, “Do you think Adams is good????” and the answers were all like:

R1: OMG A TRANSFORMATIONAL JACKKNIFE

R2: OMG A TRUE WINNER BEST PLAYER IN FOOTBALL

R3: OMG LIKE LAWRENCE TAYLOR AND DEION COMBINED

Then the second question was, “Would you trade two firsts for him????” And the answers were all:

R1: BISH PLEASE ARE YOU NUTS?

R2: TWO FIRSTs!?!?!? FOR A SAFETY?? FECK THAT!

R3: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA NO

The third question was, “Would you make him the highest paid safety in the game”

R1: OMG DAWG PLZ **** THAT

R2: JESUS CHRIST NO

R3: I MEAN MAYBE BUT ONLY IF I WAS LAUNDERING CASH

I prefer your estimation that he’s worth significantly more than a pro bowl pass rusher 

All I've heard is groupthink regarding this matter.

Why hasn't anyone floated that Jamal may be utilizing a strategy we aren't yet even aware of?

To wit: everyone knows Jamal has declared war on the Jets, messed with his brand (or not no such thing as bad publicity), seemingly weakened his bargaining power. 

Why? Why hasn't anyone asked why he's doing this? Is it possible he's a lot shrewder businessman than anyone has allowed?

(Disclosure: he's made me hate him with all the social-media BS he's pulled on the Jets. A real man would handle his business like Christian McCaffery and get paid by being publicly silent. if I saw him he'd hear from me he's nothing but a traitor).

But it's important to remember: his Dad got jacked by the NFL & his career got cut short - in that vein maybe Jamal is playing some sort of planned-out, longer game we're unaware of. And we're all rising to his bait.

5 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

Nah. Adams got insulted the Jets dare listen to offers for him at the trade deadline and he's been pouting ever since.

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Nope, he was pissed that the Dallas deal fell through so he put on this whole show. Imagine Jamal thinking he was going to be a cowboy only to have the rug pulled under him because the jets wouldn’t take what Dallas was offering. 

• Upvote 1