The Big "Jamal Officially asks to be traded" Thread

30 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

You guys are like stalkers that are mad at your ex who cheated on you.

Really not that hard to find. It’s a superstar athlete and it’s being posted all over the internet. You say this as if we had to dig deep on a Facebook page and scroll down 2 years into the past to see who Jessica slept with over you. Guy is a huge douche and has made this entire situation irreversible and unpleasant for everyone involved. 

At this point maybe it’s best that the situation is unfixable. This guy is low quality, immature, and best of all, fake. No way someone switches personality like this and completely does a 360 from what he previously “acted” like. This is who his ass always was. He’s just good at pretending like most snakes are. I’m glad Jet fans have finally taken their blindfolds off.

oh.. and he isn’t that good of a player either.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Dunnie said:

.. hey if it was just trying to get some money I would have nothing against this but he's being a whiny little b**** about trying to get to Dallas... I'm more respectable player would simply say negotiations are happening behind the scenes I'm hopeful that a contract gets done before the season I'm looking forward to being with the Jets for a long long time.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

That is YOU. While I have no clue what you do and how you act in life, I will bet fairly large that you had to work for much of what you have. And work hard. 

Same as Jamal. But he was blessed with a natural ability, and because of that, has been fawned over, catered to and had the road paved for him. And to his credit, he made it. And because of his 15+ years of his life of busting his butt to get where he is, he is looking to cash in his chips. And I can't say I blame him, based on the history of NFL players before him, and their shelf life. If he was your son, I expect  you would be advising him the same way. Maybe less crass, but you would tell him he is a mere cog in a machine that will spit him out. If you were not advising him in that manner, it may be considered ignorance.

Jamal does not care about us (fans). We are merely pawns in his game of trying to make a life for himself. Don't ever think it is about the fans. In that way, you won't be surprised when a "star" goes off the rails of what we expect.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

You guys are like stalkers that are mad at your ex who cheated on you.

It's really more like you are trying to find a way to defend your wh*re of a girlfriend to your parents who are trying to help you.

She keeps showing up to our house with f*ckface and smells like shes been getting the train run all day and you've been here playing videogames in the basement the whole time. It's not an open relationship if shes the only one getting it on the side son.

No son, she doesn't love you and she's not that hot you just have no standards. I would have thought we raised you better.

6 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

If he was your son, I expect  you would be advising him the same way

I would of advised his punk ass to have picked another position when he was young if the plan was to be an overrated entitled prick who wants another contract half-way thru his first contract.

just sayin’.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I would of advised his punk ass to have picked another position when he was young if the plan was to be an overrated entitled prick who wants another contract half-way thru his first contract.

just sayin’.

Coaches and your talent set often make those decisions for you.

34 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

It is true of many high draft picks. These were the players that were stars in high school. They were stars in college. They had a path paved for them with little resistance in terms of needing social graces or having to fight for social acceptance. Their athleticism was their key to success.

Am I admiring of their work ethic and natural skills needing to excel? Absolutely!!!! It is not easy.

In Adams case, as was in Revis' case, there is a family member that was in the "occupation". And that occupation is a meat grinder. It is a short career life and you had better make hay while the weather is good. Because that weather is not going to be sunny long. And there is a great distrust of ownership, as well there should.

Am I overly painting with a broad brush? Yes, I am. But that is the canvas that is presented.

If you are looking for a feel good story with a player on the Jets, look at Ashtyn Davis. And I know nothing about him. He was a track star that walked on as a football player. And succeeded. He was given nothing. 

Do I begrudged athletes for wanting to "get theirs"? No I do not. It is a short life, and many fail. Because of this, I refuse to be surprised when they fall out of toeing a line that many of us have to during our normal work career. 

good points all.  and this is also why it's so hard to watch some players who just don't seem to know how to play their positions.  most of these guys have been honing their football skills since early teenage years.  it's not like football is rocket scientry.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Dunnie remember when he stripped Daniel Jones

What a great play.  I'll always remember and be fond of it.  A pleasant jamal memory for the future.  One of very few.  Doesn't change anything about this situation.   MNF TD pass to Jumbo Elliot was a great play too.  But it has nothing to do with the overall career evaluation of anyone involved in the play.   

10 hours ago, Philc1 said:

I think Jones wants Adams bad enough that might be our last chance to get a decent package back

Lamb and a future 2nd 

What does Dallas need more..... a Safety or a potential # 1B Wide Receiver since they already have Cooper?

I don’t think we get that offer again and I don’t think Lamb is what JD wants either. 
JD wants draft picks commensurate with the talent of Jamaal. If the value isn’t there he will try and extend IMO

10 hours ago, varjet said:

The combination of the Johnsons and JD will not trade Adams unless they are certain that they will read in the papers that they fleeced the team that traded for him.

IMHO that is more likely to happen before the trade deadline with a team that wants to sell its soul for a deep playoff run.  Adams would then be cheaper too as the team would only be buying half of the season.   With the possibility of a COVID shortened season and the NFL not really taking COVID seriously, I don’t know how likely that is.

I think in the end the Johnsons and JD will not give Adams a long-term contract, and the best deal that the Jets were going to get from Adams was last year from the Cowboys.  Imagine if we had Cee Dee Lamb now.   People rave on JD for getting a 3rd round pick for Leo, which was good at the time, but we ignore that Mac/maybe JD could have done much better if Leo was traded earlier.  The Jets don’t like to sign their own players for a lot of money.  FAs seem much easier-you don’t know them as well, and they likely did not complain.  

The Johnsons aren’t smart enough to approve a trade of Adams now

6 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

If you are looking for class, follow @Maxman and not football players. You will be less disappointed.

Who is disappointed? I disliked Jamal Adams as much as T0m or Jetfan80 does. This is exactly what I thought would happen. I’m not disappointed, I’m right. He isn’t required to be a decent person and he can be as fake as he pleases.

it just would of benefited him if he played a more glamorous position before acting like a glamorous dick head.

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:
10 hours ago, Philc1 said:

I think Jones wants Adams bad enough that might be our last chance to get a decent package back

Lamb and a future 2nd 

What does Dallas need more..... a Safety or a potential # 1B Wide Receiver since they already have Cooper?

I don’t think we get that offer again and I don’t think Lamb is what JD wants either. 
JD wants draft picks commensurate with the talent of Jamaal. If the value isn’t there he will try and extend IMO

Cowboys already have Cooper and Gallup at WR.  Lamb was a luxury pick for them.  They need defense.  That’s why Sam with a putrid OL was able to beat them last season

If we can get  both Lamb and Mims that’s a nice duo of WRs for Sam next 10 years

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, EM31 said:

Jones cannot afford him if he signs Dak unless it includes some under the table shenanigans.

There are probably zero trade partners out there right now unless his trade price comes down and/or unless his salary demands come down.  Honestly I think it may have to be both at this point.  I think this current nonsense is Adams trying to execute on bringing his own trade value down because it makes him feel like he has some input into steering this train wreck.  A wreck that is 100% of his own making.

The silence on the other end of the telephone must be absolutely killing him.

Dak hasn’t been extended yet he’s only signed the franchise tender 

the team that trades for Adams doesn’t have to extend him for another 3 years just like us

4 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Cowboys already have Cooper and Gallup at WR.  Lamb was a luxury pick for them.  They need defense.  That’s why Sam with a putrid OL was able to beat them last season

If we can get  both Lamb and Mims that’s a nice duo of WRs for Sam next 10 years

The Cowboys are not giving up a controllable asset like Lamb for Adams. They were ecstatic he fell to them in their slot, and he fills a need cheaply for them.

They would much, much, rather give up a future 1, which they feel will be in the 28-32 range, if they want to give up anything at all.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

You lost me at endearing.

It's not like an ex-girlfriend who cheated on you and crushed you.

It's more like your 6 year old daughter limping on the wrong leg and telling you she's hurt just to get your attention.

SAR I

8 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

The Cowboys are not giving up a controllable asset like Lamb for Adams. They were ecstatic he fell to them in their slot, and he fills a need cheaply for them.

They would much, much, rather give up a future 1, which they feel will be in the 28-32 range, if they want to give up anything at all.

Part of the reason they drafted Lamb was they thought the jets still wanted to trade with them

13 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

That would actually provide healthy competition between Mims and Lamb. One potentially on a 5 year deal and the other 4 yr. 

Both will be fighting to get the big extension after Sammy deal gets done. The only problem is having too many receivers with Crowder & Perriman for this season. An “embarrassment of riches” is better than just plain embarrassment 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, nico002 said:

Nope, he was pissed that the Dallas deal fell through so he put on this whole show. Imagine Jamal thinking he was going to be a cowboy only to have the rug pulled under him because the jets wouldn’t take what Dallas was offering. 

I think you hit the nail on the head here.  The first trigger was Jamal getting word that the Jets were shopping him.  The second trigger was the Dallas deal falling apart.  Now. he's a "Jama without a country".  What else can he do now but piss and moan ??? Of course, money is always an underpinning factor, but the petulant output from Jamal was triggered by those afore mentioned events... 

4 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

That would actually provide healthy competition between Mims and Lamb. One potentially on a 5 year deal and the other 4 yr. 

Both will be fighting to get the big extension after Sammy deal gets done. The only problem is having too many receivers with Crowder & Perriman for this season. An “embarrassment of riches” is better than just plain embarrassment 

That’s a problem I would like to have

3 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Why do you think the cowboys offered us the draft pick they used on Lamb skippy

Beside Cooper, the Cowboys have nothing at WR. That is why they drafted Lamb. NEED.

If you actually believe that the Cowboys drafted Lamb with a wink and idea that the Jets may trade, again may, trade Adams to them and that was the sole reason, well then a lot of your posts on this site make more sense. Meaning not based in reality.

If the Jets loved Lamb so much, they had opportunity to draft him, and take OT later.

9 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yep.  Gallup is the only WR they would possibly consider moving.  He's a FA after 2021 and they won't be able to afford him while Cooper is making $20M per season.

Yeah, but Gallup is really cheap right now.   They have 3 WR under contract for the next 2 seasons, they can go 3 wide or even 4 wide, with Zeke in the backfield.   You can't double all of them, and if you do, you have the running back coming out, or a very mobile QB who can just take off and run.   Oh, and their O Line is still really good.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

OK then.  Fast forward to next year's trade deadline.  Jamal still wants out, and has been causing trouble and discord all season.  What's the best move then?  

Still don't want to trade him then?  What about when 2021 rolls around?

Ultimately, a trade will have to happen.  It can't happen now due to the uncertainty.  But it's an eventuality that will have to happen down the road, no matter how many times you kick the can down the road.

I agree, the earlier the more leverage for the jets in a trade

That said you don’t want to do a dumb panic move either and trade Adams for Gallup and a future middle round pick just because he’s crying on Twitter 

• Upvote 1

All I've heard is groupthink regarding this matter.
Why hasn't anyone floated that Jamal may be utilizing a strategy we aren't yet even aware of?
To wit: everyone knows Jamal has declared war on the Jets, messed with his brand (or not no such thing as bad publicity), seemingly weakened his bargaining power. 
Why? Why hasn't anyone asked why he's doing this? Is it possible he's a lot shrewder businessman than anyone has allowed?
(Disclosure: he's made me hate him with all the social-media BS he's pulled on the Jets. A real man would handle his business like Christian McCaffery and get paid by being publicly silent. if I saw him he'd hear from me he's nothing but a traitor).
But it's important to remember: his Dad got jacked by the NFL & his career got cut short - in that vein maybe Jamal is playing some sort of planned-out, longer game we're unaware of. And we're all rising to his bait.

No, he’s taking the recent popular tactic of douchebagging his way out of town. It worked for Antonio Brown until he went full batsh*t crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app