The Big "Jamal Officially asks to be traded" Thread

prime21

He's not that bright. Simply acting like an emotionaly out of control adolescent. Jets need to keep him, on his rookie contract, for two more years. Let him go in free agency after that. Get a comp pick and move on. Do not give into his demands, period. He has zero leverage, can't even hold out long term since new CBA keeps him from accruing service if he holds out. End of story.

• Upvote 1

Without creating turnovers and teams now very much aware of his presence at the line, his production may very well slip and that's not good for his business.

Then there is the I will play for these "top teams" without a new contract proclamation but he won't play for the Jets under a current contract that he signed.

59517.webp

• Upvote 2

i used to date girls with the same personality as this numb-skull....they would love you one day, and go around telling everyone how much they love you, and then literally the next day they would hate you for something unreasonable, until they love you again....their emotions are the only things that drive their small brains.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, JetsLife said:

All I've heard is groupthink regarding this matter.

Why hasn't anyone floated that Jamal may be utilizing a strategy we aren't yet even aware of?

To wit: everyone knows Jamal has declared war on the Jets, messed with his brand (or not no such thing as bad publicity), seemingly weakened his bargaining power. 

Why? Why hasn't anyone asked why he's doing this? Is it possible he's a lot shrewder businessman than anyone has allowed?

(Disclosure: he's made me hate him with all the social-media BS he's pulled on the Jets. A real man would handle his business like Christian McCaffery and get paid by being publicly silent. if I saw him he'd hear from me he's nothing but a traitor).

But it's important to remember: his Dad got jacked by the NFL & his career got cut short - in that vein maybe Jamal is playing some sort of planned-out, longer game we're unaware of. And we're all rising to his bait.

If he was smart, and I bet he has two digits in his IQ, he would be saying nothing at all publicly.  His agent would be the one making all the noise so he could have plausible deniability.  

1 minute ago, GKnight83 said:

If he was smart, and I bet he has two digits in his IQ, he would be saying nothing at all publicly.  His agent would be the one making all the noise so he could have plausible deniability.  

Not sure its a matter of IQ but more a matter of E-go. Dude loves, loves, loves reading his own press. 

Everyone here who is assuming Adams gets traded because he's tweeting about it are assuming he has some sort of leverage here. He doesn't. He is under contract for the next season and possibly  another year if the Jets tag him which I can definitely  see happening. He is only getting traded if JD gets an offer he wants. 

• Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

The only way he gets what he wants is to insult the Jets organization and fanbase into hating him so much he simply has to go. 

Thing is, it’s become such an obvious ploy and such a shallow series of staged, emotionless, banal gestures his folly is actually endearing himself to us.  

SAR I 

Its almost taken on the essence of a parody. 

• Upvote 1

CeeDee Lamb is just the ice breaker to get JD to even consider trading Adams to his dream destination. Lamb who's yet to play a down in the NFL is still a crap shoot in the NFL. Jamal whether you're a big fan of him or not, is an ALL-PRO in his PRIME. A proven commodity is worth much more than ONE CRAP SHOOT. Dallas would have to include a 1st next year with Lamb to get Adams. Don't like it, move on so JD can take that call from another team with a much better offer. If nobody ponies up for the "Prez" then Jamal is a Jet in 2020. 

Trade 1: A 2nd-round pick and Rodney McLeod

I am absolutely not giving up a first-round pick for Adams. Not with the money I have to pay him. The Eagles are in desperate need of young, elite, cost-controlled talent, and the best place to find that is in the first-round of the NFL Draft. If Adams was going to be on a rookie deal, I’d consider the first. Since he isn’t, the highest I would go in draft capital is a second-round pick, and count on that pick being in the 50’s like it was in 2019. I would add McLeod into the deal as he gives the Jets some on-the-field help in 2020, and although he wouldn’t be a direct replacement, it would clear some room in the Eagles’ secondary for Adams. 

Trade 2: Derek Barnett and a fourth-round pick 

A player-for-player swap, with a mid-round pick thrown in, could make sense for both teams. The Eagles get Adams without having to give up a premium draft pick. The Jets get a young player with potential at a more important position than Adams plays. Like Adams, Barnett is in line for a payday soon, and although it (presumably) won’t be the size of Adams’ deal, the Eagles could decide to get value for Barnett now instead of having to decide whether to pay him in a year. Jets general manager Joe Douglas was the driving force behind the Eagles taking Barnett in 2017, and could decide a change of scenery, and a year of good health, would make him the dominant pass-rusher everyone thought he could be coming out of Tennessee. 

Losing Barnett would be a blow to an already questionable Eagles’ ground of defensive ends, but I think there is a better chance Adams is an impact player both this year and moving forward. 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Jets723 said:

It’s amazing how all these other teams are trying to rip off the Jets and says it’s a “fair deal” lol.  I understand it’s mostly team bloggers and radio guys but Douglas would simply laugh his ass off and hang up the phone

If Jamal Adams was an Eagle and the Jets wanted to trade for him, what should the Jets offer look like? 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Its almost taken on the essence of a parody. 

Exactly.  Great way to put it.  Jamal comes across as a guy pretending he's unhappy and wants out but isn't unhappy and doesn't want out.  As a result, it's sort of cute.  Like when my 8 year old goes to the snack drawer, stares me down, grabs a cookie, and knows that even though he's not supposed to I'm going to let him have another one anyway.

SAR I

10 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

It’s amazing how all these other teams are trying to rip off the Jets and says it’s a “fair deal” lol.  I understand it’s mostly team bloggers and radio guys but Douglas would simply laugh his ass off and hang up the phone

Yes, this is very much like Tom Shane pointed out in another post.

Everyone of the media thinks jamal is awesome sauce and a top 5 D player in the league.

When it comes time to offer up trade value they want cheap out.

I think most teams front offices are more realistic, they know what Adams brings and at what cost to the team.

He is not worth too much.

16 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Tell me more about this snack drawer, please. 

Oreos
Chips Ahoy
Pepperage Farm Milanos
Doritos (Nacho & Ranch)
Enteman's Chocolate Donuts
Strawberry Pop Tarts (Unfrosted)
Pop Secret Movie Theater Butter

That's the Drawer Core.  Still looking for Space Food Sticks.

SAR I

13 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Yes, this is very much like Tom Shane pointed out in another post.

Everyone of the media thinks jamal is awesome sauce and a top 5 D player in the league.

When it comes time to offer up trade value they want cheap out.

I think most teams front offices are more realistic, they know what Adams brings and at what cost to the team.

He is not worth too much.

Yeah I’m not saying he is worth two 1sts or something crazy like that but I always felt a 1st and a 3rd is a fair offer 

37 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If Jamal Adams was an Eagle and the Jets wanted to trade for him, what should the Jets offer look like? 

Less today than I would have offered 6 months ago.

He is making very unreasonable salary demands at a position which does not warrant those kinds of dollars.  even if you think he is the best at his position which has been the subject of debate to begin with,   In addition if I do pony up a world record number of dollars to sign him to a new contract what is the assurance that he will not play the same game again at some point in the future?  If he did it once and it worked well for him then he could be doing that to my team next time.  No thanks on that sword of Damocles at any price. 

So my offer would be no offer at all but if I am forced to make and offer then it would not include a first round pick or a top line young talent.  It just wouldn't.  Addition by substraction.

In fairness to Adams, he's asking out of the NY Jets.  While we may not like it, it doesn't make him wrong.  It's a perfectly rational position.   I haven't seen any evidence that when the Jets field a team of guys who are happy to be here the Jets win more games are more competitive and more entertaining.  

Anyone have a subscription to some nerdy football metrics site that could weigh in?  

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Biggs said:

In fairness to Adams, he's asking out of the NY Jets.  While we may not like it, it doesn't make him wrong.  It's a perfectly rational position.   I haven't seen any evidence that when the Jets field a team of guys who are happy to be here the Jets win more games are more competitive and more entertaining.  

Anyone have a subscription to some nerdy football metrics site that could weigh in?  

In fairness?  He is a phoney lying little beotch.  If you want out fine do your worst but don;t put up this phoney bullsh*t the last few years about him being a leader, a jet for life, i want a new contract, we need more dawgs.

1 hour ago, Jets723 said:

Perhaps we're learning that market value isn't what Jets/Adams fans think it is.

We've yet to hear a single rumor, even, of an offer since Jamal made his wishes public last week.  Maybe teams just aren't that hungry for this player.

6 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Perhaps we're learning that market value isn't what Jets/Adams fans think it is.

We've yet to hear a single rumor, even, of an offer since Jamal made his wishes public last week.  Maybe teams just aren't that hungry for this player.

Maybe.  Maybe Jamal realizes he isn’t as great as he thinks he is.  I think it’s more about teams thinking they can rip us off. Either way I think we are doing the right thing.  Let him bitch he still had 3 years left with us so he had no leverage.  Douglas can just wait to see which team Bali me first if they really do want him that bad 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Biggs said:

How does it not make him wrong?  

3 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Maybe.  Maybe Jamal realizes he isn’t as great as he thinks he is.  I think it’s more about teams thinking they can rip us off. Either way I think we are doing the right thing.  Let him bitch he still had 3 years left with us so he had no leverage.  Douglas can just wait to see which team Bali me first if they really do want him that bad 

We haven't heard an actual "rip off" offer, so this is just a guess.

Not sure why so many are even mentioning Lamb. He’s going nowhere.

If we’re talking a trade with Dallas, then Gallup and a high pick should be the asking price.

Not sure if we could wrangle Gallup and a 1st but Gallup and a 2nd seems reasonable.

Gallup, Mims, Crowder, Perriman, Herndon, Bell...if the OL comes together and is at least league average, then that’s a pretty damn solid supporting cast that could help propel Darnold into legit Top 10 status in his 3rd year.

And we’d have a slew of picks next year and a good amount of cap space to further address EDGE, CB, OL and round out the offensive skill positions.

17 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Not sure why so many are even mentioning Lamb. He’s going nowhere.

If we’re talking a trade with Dallas, then Gallup and a high pick should be the asking price.

Not sure if we could wrangle Gallup and a 1st but Gallup and a 2nd seems reasonable.

Gallup, Mims, Crowder, Perriman, Herndon, Bell...if the OL comes together and is at least league average, then that’s a pretty damn solid supporting cast that could help propel Darnold into legit Top 10 status in his 3rd year.

And we’d have a slew of picks next year and a good amount of cap space to further address EDGE, CB, OL and round out the offensive skill positions.

CeeDee has to be the 'Boys sacrificial Lamb if they want Adams. No? Cowboys are then OFF the list of preferred destinations. Next!