The Big "Jamal Officially asks to be traded" Thread

5 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

CeeDee has to be the 'Boys sacrificial Lamb if they want Adams. No? Cowboys are then OFF the list of preferred destinations. Next!

Ewe need to quit trying to ram those baaaaaaaaaaaaaad jokes into your posts.

• Haha 3

35 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

In fairness?  He is a phoney lying little beotch.  If you want out fine do your worst but don;t put up this phoney bullsh*t the last few years about him being a leader, a jet for life, i want a new contract, we need more dawgs.

I'm just guessing but you go from college to playing against men and I suspect guys are just happy to be in the NFL.  3 years in and he's one of the best players in the NFL.  He's all pro at his position.   Everyone's expectation of Adams has changed in 3 years including his.  

NFL football is play for pay.  It's mercenary football.  Players have zero control over where they go and get locked into a contract that's essentially been negotiated for them.  

I'm a Jets fan.  At the end of the day I don't give a sh*t if guys want to be here or not.  I care if the guys who play, play hard and play to win for 60 minutes.  Adams does that.  He's not part of the problem with why the Jets as an organization has sucked for years.  If the Jets keep him he's going to play his ass off.  If they trade him we're going to get value for him.  

Keep your eye on the ball.  The Jets are a sh*tty organization because we have sh*tty owners.  Adams can play any game he wants.  It's what the Jets organization does that counts.  Focussing on Adams as a bad guy just because he's a real good football player and maybe not that bright or mature is simply letting the organization off the hook for your own anger at being a fan of a crappy team.  

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

How does it not make him wrong?  

Why do you care what he says?  Does he play his ass off when he puts on the uniform?   Do you want a winning team or a bunch of guys you can take home to meet mom?

• Thumb Down 1

4 hours ago, Biggs said:

I'm just guessing but you go from college to playing against men and I suspect guys are just happy to be in the NFL.  3 years in and he's one of the best players in the NFL.  He's all pro at his position.   Everyone's expectation of Adams has changed in 3 years including his.  

NFL football is play for pay.  It's mercenary football.  Players have zero control over where they go and get locked into a contract that's essentially been negotiated for them.  

I'm a Jets fan.  At the end of the day I don't give a sh*t if guys want to be here or not.  I care if the guys who play, play hard and play to win for 60 minutes.  Adams does that.  He's not part of the problem with why the Jets as an organization has sucked for years.  If the Jets keep him he's going to play his ass off.  If they trade him we're going to get value for him.  

Keep your eye on the ball.  The Jets are a sh*tty organization because we have sh*tty owners.  Adams can play any game he wants.  It's what the Jets organization does that counts.  Focussing on Adams as a bad guy just because he's a real good football player and maybe not that bright or mature is simply letting the organization off the hook for your own anger at being a fan of a crappy team.  

Eh?  Yeah the organization is terrible, we are trying for the umpeenth time to fix that.

Adams is a joke, fake leader, fake teammate.  Yeah he plays hard for 60 minutes as do most players.

I've said it before, Jamal Adams is the most overrated player in the league easily for what he really brings to a team.

You say don;t let bad ownership distract you, well you are pulling that out to distract from the issue at hand, that being Adams.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

Just now, Biggs said:

Why do you care what he says?  Does he play his ass off when he puts on the uniform?   Do you want a winning team or a bunch of guys you can take home to meet mom?

Jamal Adams has lead this team to 5,5,7 wins in his tenure, he does not move the needle at all as far as wins or losses go.

I love this narrative that Jamal Adams is the only guy on the team that plays hard.  Laughable.

Why do we care what he says?  He portrays himself as some leader and he is anything but that.  And believe it or not a decent locker room helps you win.

Not to mention as a fan I actually want to like the players on my team, not hold my nose.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Eh?  Yeah the organization is terrible, we are trying for the umpeenth time to fix that.

Adams is a joke, fake leader, fake teammate.  Yeah he lays hard for 60 minutes as do most players.

I've said it before, Jamal Adams is the most overrated player in the league easily for what he really brings to a team.

You say don;t let bad ownership distract you, well you are pulling that out to distract from the issue at hand, that being Adams.

Adams comments are having no impact on the Jets win/loss record or playoff potential.   If the Jets can't manage immature guys who may not be that bright in the age of social media that's on the Jets.  You can't put a 53 man roster that can win if you can't manage that.  

So far Jet management has said nothing.  Adams impact so far is nothing.  If he can work out a trade that the Jets like it's a win for the Jets .  If he can't it's a win for the Jets.   Adams comments haven't changed anything for the NY Jets.  

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Jamal Adams has lead this team to 5,5,7 wins in his tenure, he does not move the needle at all as far as wins or losses go.

I love this narrative that Jamal Adams is the only guy on the team that plays hard.  Laughable.

Why do we care what he says?  He portrays himself as some leader and he is anything but that.  And believe it or not a decent locker room helps you win.

Not to mention as a fan I actually want to like the players on my team, not hold my nose.

Nobody said he was the only player who played hard.  He was the only player who played hard and was actually an all pro player.  If you think Adams is why the Jets have sucked you're delusional.  

• Thumb Down 1

43 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Absolutely.  I keep hearing from the big Adams fan that he tries hard.  So what most players do.  But most players don’t act like immature babies 24/7.  Some do but not to the extent Jamal has.  It’s not like he had helped us win much either.  However I still was going he would get his head screwed on straight and be a team guy for a change.  Obviously that will never be the case.  This is a kid who is simply never happy.  I guarantee he wil eventually cause headaches for his next team 

1 hour ago, playtowinthegame said:

CeeDee has to be the 'Boys sacrificial Lamb if they want Adams. No? Cowboys are then OFF the list of preferred destinations. Next!

I’d take Gallup and a 2nd rounder in a heartbeat

A guy who already has an 1100 yard season under his belt at 24 years old and still has another two years left on a dirt cheap rookie deal?

I’ll pair that with Mims, Crowder and Perriman.

Plus we get an extra 2nd rounder next year?

This team could potentially turn things around in a hurry over the next two years if Douglas plays his cards right.

• Upvote 2

CeeDee Lamb is just the ice breaker to get JD to even consider trading Adams to his dream destination. Lamb who's yet to play a down in the NFL is still a crap shoot in the NFL. Jamal whether you're a big fan of him or not, is an ALL-PRO in his PRIME. A proven commodity is worth much more than ONE CRAP SHOOT. Dallas would have to include a 1st next year with Lamb to get Adams. Don't like it, move on so JD can take that call from another team with a much better offer. If nobody ponies up for the "Prez" then Jamal is a Jet in 2020. 

The hilarity of this post is the fact that the Cowboys would not trade CeeDee even up for Jamal.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

7 hours ago, Lurker89 said:

It's really more like you are trying to find a way to defend your wh*re of a girlfriend to your parents who are trying to help you.

She keeps showing up to our house with f*ckface and smells like shes been getting the train run all day and you've been here playing videogames in the basement the whole time. It's not an open relationship if shes the only one getting it on the side son.

No son, she doesn't love you and she's not that hot you just have no standards. I would have thought we raised you better.

No not really. It’s more like I don’t hold it against him that a dumbass GM drafted a box safety over a QB, I also don’t hold it against him for wanting a new contract or using social media to get his views out especially since every politician and celebrity uses it to push their agenda. He’s a great SS but not worth what he wants and is out of his mind if he thinks Dallas will sign him for what he wants when they need to still sign Dak. 

2 minutes ago, Dinamite said:

Here is an Adams rumor for your guys.  Adams to 49ers picking up steam...  No mention of return package, just interest.

https://www.si.com/nfl/49ers/news/jamal-adams-to-49ers-picking-up-steam

Here is the actual article

Grant Cohn

20 minutes ago

https%3A%2F%2Fmaven.io%2Fapi%2Fuser%2FkB

Potential bombshell.

I just got a direct message from a well-placed source saying Jamal Adams to the 49ers is “picking up steam.”

This doesn’t mean Adams is coming to the 49ers, but it certainly has more reality than it did a few days ago. And it would be a big deal.

Adams, 24, was an All Pro strong safety for the New York Jets in 2019, meaning he was the NFL’s best strong safety last season. He intercepted one pass, batted down seven passes, forced two fumbles, recovered one fumble, scored one touchdown and recorded a whopping 6.5 sacks -- rare for a defensive back.

The Jets took Adams with the sixth pick of the 2017 draft -- three picks after the 49ers took defensive lineman Solomon Thomas, a bust. Adams has exceeded expectations, and missed only two games during his three-season career. Recently, Adams demanded a trade, and listed the 49ers as one of seven teams he would like to join.

Adams played college football at LSU. Meaning he conceivably could reach out to 49ers outside linebacker Kwon Alexander, who also went to LSU, and ask Alexander to lobby the 49ers to trade for him.

Alexander might not have to lobby hard. Adams is great, available, young and not particularly expensive. The 49ers would have to pay him $7.1 million in 2020, and $9.8 million in 2021 before extending his contract in 2022 when the salary cap could be $50 million dollars higher than it is now.

Adams instantly would become the best player in a 49ers secondary that could lose three starters in 2021 -- Richard Sherman, Jaquiski Tartt and K’Waun Williams. All will be free agents.

If Adams joins the team, he would be the foundation of the 49ers secondary for the next five to 10 years.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Dinamite said:

Grant Cohn

20 minutes ago

Potential bombshell.

I just got a direct message from a well-placed source saying Jamal Adams to the 49ers is “picking up steam.”

This doesn’t mean Adams is coming to the 49ers, but it certainly has more reality than it did a few days ago. And it would be a big deal.

Adams, 24, was an All Pro strong safety for the New York Jets in 2019, meaning he was the NFL’s best strong safety last season. He intercepted one pass, batted down seven passes, forced two fumbles, recovered one fumble, scored one touchdown and recorded a whopping 6.5 sacks -- rare for a defensive back.

The Jets took Adams with the sixth pick of the 2017 draft -- three picks after the 49ers took defensive lineman Solomon Thomas, a bust. Adams has exceeded expectations, and missed only two games during his three-season career. Recently, Adams demanded a trade, and listed the 49ers as one of seven teams he would like to join.

Adams played college football at LSU. Meaning he conceivably could reach out to 49ers outside linebacker Kwon Alexander, who also went to LSU, and ask Alexander to lobby the 49ers to trade for him.

Alexander might not have to lobby hard. Adams is great, available, young and not particularly expensive. The 49ers would have to pay him $7.1 million in 2020, and $9.8 million in 2021 before extending his contract in 2022 when the salary cap could be $50 million dollars higher than it is now.

Adams instantly would become the best player in a 49ers secondary that could lose three starters in 2021 -- Richard Sherman, Jaquiski Tartt and K’Waun Williams. All will be free agents.

If Adams joins the team, he would be the foundation of the 49ers secondary for the next five to 10 years.

I wonder what the return could be.  

Hurd and a first?  

25 minutes ago, Dinamite said:

Here is an Adams rumor for your guys.  Adams to 49ers picking up steam...  No mention of return package, just interest.

https://www.si.com/nfl/49ers/news/jamal-adams-to-49ers-picking-up-steam

I'd, honestly, be pretty livid. Jamal goes to a SB contender and they trade us what?  Marquise Goodwin and a first round pick that would easily be in the high 20's?

F*ck that.

1 hour ago, Dinamite said:

Grant Cohn

20 minutes ago

Potential bombshell.

Wait what? 

This guy thinks the trade is a possibility WITHOUT extending Adams until 2022?

????

• Upvote 1

It’s a weird clause in the article, that Jamal Adams would need Kwon Alexander to facilitate a trade, as if Jamal is an unknown entity

The more I think about it, the more I think it’s a leak by Adams to get other bids up. Leak to the NFC champs so others get scared and up their bids, like Seattle/TB.
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Mogglez said:

I'd, honestly, be pretty livid. Jamal goes to a SB contender and they trade us what?  Marquise Goodwin and a first round pick that would easily be in the high 20's?

F*ck that.

More likely the package will be Deebo Samuel and a future 1st so yeah F that

• Upvote 1

Some quick Thursday morning Jamal Adams hot takes;

- if the Jets did trade Jamal Adams, they would arguably have the worst roster on paper in the NFL.  They're already close, Jamal puts them in front of a few teams but him off, probaby drops them down to 30-32 range of worst rosters in the NFL.  Outside of CJ Mosley and Bell returning to form, I dont think there is a single player on the team who's sniffed a probowl. 

- outside of Jamal Adams, there is literally nothing interesting about this team other than Sam Darnold who is literally the most boring QB in the league.  Fun to watch, does some draw dropping stuff but just a huge bore of a personality.  Basically if the Jets get rid of Jamal, not only is their roster terrible, they're boring as hell; I guess Bell and Mosley are fun to watch if you like gouging your eyes out with a spoon. Who brings any energy to this team?   Gase?  lol

- if the Jets trade Jamal, they are once again, have zero Superstars or marketable Football players that they've drafted.  You hope Sam, Q. Will, Becton, Mims changes that but we are Jets fan so we know the odds are low or maybe we get 1 of the 4.

- someone asked, is Jamal worth the drama.  At first I was like, nah.  But now that I think about how terrible this Football team is and how bad they're going to be next season, Jamal's presence is literally the only entertaining value the Jets bring to the table.  The drama at least makes them relevant. 

- it's depressing. The Jets literally cant handle success and/or talent.   Every time they have an elite player at their position on their roster, it's a problem. 

- Jamal is a bitch but you dont cave in if you're JD and from fans perspective, I really hope he doesnt because the ongoing Jamal drama is certainly going to be more entertaining than the disaster of a season that's about to unfold.  This team sucks something awful.

24 minutes ago, Dcat said:

so @JiF, my paraphrase of the gist of yourThursday morning  take above is that because the rest of the team is among the dregs of the NFL, we should genuflect and cater to Jamal's every demand.  

No.  

Yeah those initial few takes are horrible, imo. Jamal Adams is fun so let’s deal with him? 

Definitely no. I barely give a sh*t if the Jets are boring.

• Thumb Down 1

26 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Yeah those initial few takes are horrible, imo. Jamal Adams is fun so let’s deal with him? 

Right? The Patriots are boring as paint drying but JAMAL ADAMS is fun. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, JiF said:

- Jamal is a bitch but you dont cave in if you're JD

57 minutes ago, Dcat said:

so @JiF, my paraphrase of the gist of yourThursday morning  take above is that because the rest of the team is among the dregs of the NFL, we should genuflect and cater to Jamal's every demand.  

No.  

I said as much, just pointing out a few things that suck about the situation. 

33 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

You didnt read the post at all so why make a comment about it?