Jump to content
prime21

The Big "Jamal Officially asks to be traded" Thread

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Right? The Patriots are boring as paint drying but JAMAL ADAMS is fun. 

The Patriots win. Winning is fun. The Jets suck.  Sucking sucks.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Winning is fun to me. Jamal Adams doesn’t win. Therefore, he’s actually pretty boring if you ask me.

You guys took that way too serious.  

Just pointed out, how he's good and we cant have good things.

sheesh  my god, I'll keep my thoughts to myself

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, JiF said:

You guys took that way too serious.  

Just pointed out, how he's good and we cant have good things.

sheesh  my god, I'll keep my thoughts to myself

 

But that’s not our fault, JIF. It’s Jamal’s fault. He’s the one that wants out and that’s the reason we can’t have good things. The “good thing” (that isn’t really even that good where it matters if you ask me) wants to walk out the door in the middle of his rookie contract. This wasn’t the usual Woody Johnson/Jets org fumble of the ball where they show their incompetence and mess up something going well for them. This is all on Adams.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, JiF said:

You guys took that way too serious.  

Just pointed out, how he's good and we cant have good things.

sheesh  my god, I'll keep my thoughts to myself

 

Jamal Adams sucks

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, JiF said:

The Patriots win. Winning is fun. The Jets suck.  Sucking sucks.

 

Hey, we can suck with Adams or without Adams 😃. Give me Deebo Samuels & a 1st rounder in 2021 & 2nd in 2022. 
Mosely does everything Adams does along the LOS & my guess is Davis will be better than Jamal in coverage. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

But that’s not our fault, JIF. It’s Jamal’s fault. He’s the one that wants out and that’s the reason we can’t have good things. The “good thing” (that isn’t really even that good where it matters if you ask me) wants to walk out the door in the middle of his rookie contract. This wasn’t the usual Woody Johnson/Jets org fumble of the ball where they show their incompetence and mess up something going well for them. This is all on Adams.

I'm aware.  Just droppin some thoughts, brah.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Hey, we can suck with Adams or without Adams 😃. Give me Deebo Samuels & a 1st rounder in 2021 & 2nd in 2022. 
Mosely does everything Adams does along the LOS & my guess is Davis will be better than Jamal in coverage. 

I enjoy being entertained...

...and keep dreaming.  lol

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Hey, we can suck with Adams or without Adams 😃. Give me Deebo Samuels & a 1st rounder in 2021 & 2nd in 2022. 
Mosely does everything Adams does along the LOS & my guess is Davis will be better than Jamal in coverage. 

D-bo samuels is injured right now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, JiF said:

You guys took that way too serious.  

Just pointed out, how he's good and we cant have good things.

sheesh  my god, I'll keep my thoughts to myself

 

Sorry about your dog Brotha,

But I'm pretty sure that dog is not a cat.... It's a peacock.

dance dancing GIF by BBC

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only fair trade I can think of right now is swapping for Ngakoue with the Jags. And I don’t think that would happen since they prob want more then just a swap like that. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Samtorobby47 said:

The only fair trade I can think of right now is swapping for Ngakoue with the Jags. And I don’t think that would happen since they prob want more then just a swap like that. 

 

Care to paste the article? Or at least a synopsis? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, slats said:

Care to paste the article? Or at least a synopsis? 

It doesn’t say anything groundbreaking. Was just showing that they won’t trade him unless they’re blown away. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He’s saying the Jets want La'el Collins (plus a pick ideally) from Dallas if they’re gonna trade him there. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, JiF said:

You didnt read the post at all so why make a comment about it? 

You definitely buried the lead, dude, lol.  Your first 4 points seemed to be in favor of Douglas handing Adams an extension.  Then you reversed course and went "Nah, don't cave."  lol.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Dunnie said:

I'd be on board with this ... Where does that put Fant ? Backup ?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app
 

Probably, but if that were to happen, I'd also like the idea of putting Becton in a position to earn himself a starting gig in competition with Fant.  Obviously Becton's intended to be the long-term answer for the team, but that doesn't necessarily translate to a need to rush him out there from day one, especially given the limited offseason/camp/preseason this year.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, pdxgreen said:

Asked Conor Hughes in if this full court press on social media and sniping through media leaks was going to force JD's hand?

He said, "I don't think Adams' camp knows Joe Douglas too well."

So there is always that.

That much is obvious. Jamal isn't shooting his way out of town. Either the JD and the jets get fair value or he's stuck with the team and deal HE signed for. Pretty simple, really. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Jets Pass Defense rankings the last 5 years, per DVOA:

  • 2015:  # 18
  • 2016:  # 31
  • 2017:  # 22
  • 2018:  # 18
  • 2019:  # 18

So much impact, that Jamal has.  

Yeah, but how many presidents did the Jets have on the roster each of those years, huh?

Checkmate.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Yeah, but how many presidents did the Jets have on the roster each of those years, huh?

Checkmate.

Well, we did have a couple of Harrisons and a couple of Johnsons.  

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lith said:

Well, we did have a couple of Harrisons and a couple of Johnsons.  

But no Fillmores or Van Burens.  :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They need to get him out of here this weekend, imo. Just pull the trigger and be done with it. You can already see and hear the media ramping up to attack the Jets on this. Cut them off at the knees.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2019 "Approximate Value" leaders, per Pro-Football-Reference.com:

  1. QB Lamar Jackson, BAL:  25
  2. CB Stephon Gilmore, NE:  21
  3. S Minkah Fitzpatrick, MIA/PIT:  19
  4. OT Ronnie Stanley, BAL:  18
  5. WR Michael Thomas, NO:  18
  6. CB Tre'Davious White, BUF:  18
  7. QB Pat Mahomes, KC:  17
  8. CB Marcus Peters, LAR/BAL:  17
  9. DT Cameron Hayward, PIT:  17
  10. ILB Dont'a Hightower, NE:  17
  11. QB Deshaun Watson, HOU:  16
  12. QB Dak Prescott, DAL:  16
  13. OT Mitchell Schwartz, KC:  16
  14. OT Ryan Ramczyk, NO:  16
  15. QB Russell Wilson, SEA:  15
  16. QB Jameis Winston, TB:  15
  17. QB Jimmy Garoppolo, SF:  15
  18. DT Aaron Donald, LAR:  15
  19. DT DeForest Buckner, SF:  15
  20. G Zack Martin, DAL:  15
  21. RB Christian McCaffrey, CAR:  15
  22. EDGE T.J. Watt, PIT:  14
  23. G Quenton Nelson, IND:  14
  24. QB Aaron Rodgers, GB:  14
  25. QB Kirk Cousins, MIN:  14
  26. QB Kyler Murray, AZ:  14
  27. LB Jamie Collins, NE:  14
  28. LB Demario Davis, NO:  14
  29. LB Tremaine Edmunds, BUF:  14
  30. LT David Bakhtiari, GB:  14
  31. G Marshal Yanda, BAL:  14
  32. RT Orlando Brown, BAL:  14
  33. RB Dalvin Cook, MIN:  14
  34. ILB Bobby Wagner, SEA:  14
  35. ILB Eric Hendricks, MIN:  14
  36. DT Lawrence Guy, NE:  14
  37. QB Matt Ryan, ATL:  13
  38. QB Phillip Rivers, LAC:  13
  39. EDGE Kyle Van Noy, NE:  13
  40. CB Marlon Humphrey, BAL:  13
  41. S Jamal Adams, NYJ:  13
  42. TE Travis Kelce, KC:  13
  43. C Jason Kelce, PHI:  13
  44. DE Cameron Jordan, NO:  13
  45. LB Shaquil Barrett, TB:  13

 

So 40-44 players in the league were more valuable than Jamal Adams last season, which was of course Jamal's best season in the league to date. 

Probably a lot more players ahead of him than the remaining Jamal fans would like to admit.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

2019 "Approximate Value" leaders, per Pro-Football-Reference.com:

  1. QB Lamar Jackson, BAL:  25
  2. CB Stephon Gilmore, NE:  21
  3. S Minkah Fitzpatrick, MIA/PIT:  19
  4. OT Ronnie Stanley, BAL:  18
  5. WR Michael Thomas, NO:  18
  6. CB Tre'Davious White, BUF:  18
  7. QB Pat Mahomes, KC:  17
  8. CB Marcus Peters, LAR/BAL:  17
  9. DT Cameron Hayward, PIT:  17
  10. ILB Dont'a Hightower, NE:  17
  11. QB Deshaun Watson, HOU:  16
  12. QB Dak Prescott, DAL:  16
  13. OT Mitchell Schwartz, KC:  16
  14. OT Ryan Ramczyk, NO:  16
  15. QB Russell Wilson, SEA:  15
  16. QB Jameis Winston, TB:  15
  17. QB Jimmy Garoppolo, SF:  15
  18. DT Aaron Donald, LAR:  15
  19. DT DeForest Buckner, SF:  15
  20. G Zack Martin, DAL:  15
  21. RB Christian McCaffrey, CAR:  15
  22. EDGE T.J. Watt, PIT:  14
  23. G Quenton Nelson, IND:  14
  24. QB Aaron Rodgers, GB:  14
  25. QB Kirk Cousins, MIN:  14
  26. QB Kyler Murray, AZ:  14
  27. LB Jamie Collins, NE:  14
  28. LB Demario Davis, NO:  14
  29. LB Tremaine Edmunds, BUF:  14
  30. LT David Bakhtiari, GB:  14
  31. G Marshal Yanda, BAL:  14
  32. RT Orlando Brown, BAL:  14
  33. RB Dalvin Cook, MIN:  14
  34. ILB Bobby Wagner, SEA:  14
  35. ILB Eric Hendricks, MIN:  14
  36. DT Lawrence Guy, NE:  14
  37. QB Matt Ryan, ATL:  13
  38. QB Phillip Rivers, LAC:  13
  39. EDGE Kyle Van Noy, NE:  13
  40. CB Marlon Humphrey, BAL:  13
  41. S Jamal Adams, NYJ:  13
  42. TE Travis Kelce, KC:  13
  43. C Jason Kelce, PHI:  13
  44. DE Cameron Jordan, NO:  13
  45. LB Shaquil Barrett, TB:  13

 

So 40-44 players in the league were more valuable than Jamal Adams last season, which was of course Jamal's best season in the league to date. 

Probably a lot more players ahead of him than the remaining Jamal fans would like to admit.

I won't lie, I got a good laugh out of seeing Fitzpatrick rated so much higher than Adams.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/25/2020 at 10:00 AM, JiF said:

You guys took that way too serious.  

Just pointed out, how he's good and we cant have good things.

sheesh  my god, I'll keep my thoughts to myself

 

Honestly is Jamal really a good thing?  He is talented but let’s be honest he doesnt really made a huge impact.  If he did we wouldn’t be 16-32.  I’m not saying he has to carry the team but he loves to compare himself to other players who have proven to make a big impact on their respective teams...he hasn’t.  Plus he had been incredibly disloyal to the Jets.  He whines like a baby and he never puts over his teammates or the Jets.  

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bleedin Green said:

I won't lie, I got a good laugh out of seeing Fitzpatrick rated so much higher than Adams.

And some posters want to use the compensation Miami got in the Minkah deal as the minimum they would accept in an Adams' trade.  🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Honestly is Jamal really a good thing?  He is talented but let’s be honest he doesnt really made a huge impact.  If he did we wouldn’t be 16-32.  I’m not saying he has to carry the team but he loves to compare himself to other players who have proven to make a big impact on their respective teams...he hasn’t.  Plus he had been incredibly disloyal to the Jets.  He whines like a baby and he never puts over his teammates or the Jets.  

Weirdest thing about Jamal is that he posts on IG multiple times every day and you never see him with a teammate. He’s usually by himself buying sneakers or working out alone. For a guy who fancies himself a popular leader of men, it looks like he leads a solitary life off the field.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Weirdest thing about Jamal is that he posts on IG multiple times every day and you never see him with a teammate. He’s usually by himself buying sneakers or working out alone. For a guy who fancies himself a popular leader of men, it looks like he leads a solitary life off the field.

Agreed.  He posts pictures/videos of Ceedee Lamb but never a Jet. It clear he zero loyalty to the Jets.  It’s not like he is saying”I want to get paid but I love my teammates”.  He is saying” I’m great they’re bad and I don’t want to be associated...by the way I was 20 million per year even though I haven’t helped this team win” 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

They need to get him out of here this weekend, imo. Just pull the trigger and be done with it. You can already see and hear the media ramping up to attack the Jets on this. Cut them off at the knees.

Just relax, you psychopath. Everything’s fine. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This whole thing is just Jamal trying to get a new deal with a big SB before the cap potentially goes down next year.  Jamal is a great player, the best on the team by far.  But he’s still a safety and he’s smart to try to cash in now before the cap collapses.   
 

not sure how this ends but the only landing spots are teams trying to win in 2020.   Nobody is going to pay him with this cap uncertainty.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, slats said:

Just relax, you psychopath. Everything’s fine. 

I’m trying to win a war here, slats

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, LionelRichie said:

This whole thing is just Jamal trying to get a new deal with a big SB before the cap potentially goes down next year.  Jamal is a great player, the best on the team by far.  But he’s still a safety and he’s smart to try to cash in now before the cap collapses.   
 

not sure how this ends but the only landing spots are teams trying to win in 2020.   Nobody is going to pay him with this cap uncertainty.    

Supposedly the league is going to provide some clarity on the 2021 cap on July 15th, so that could be the big day for any Jamal Adams suitors attempting to map out an offer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...