Jump to content
prime21

The Big "Jamal Officially asks to be traded" Thread

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

They need to get him out of here this weekend, imo. Just pull the trigger and be done with it. You can already see and hear the media ramping up to attack the Jets on this. Cut them off at the knees.

Easy there pilgrim. Give time, time. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Regarding coverage of the Adams situation, it’s interesting comparing how Bart Scott talks about it vs hoe former Cowboy and Giant Chris Canty talks about it. Scott has basically taken the position that Jamal needs fo slow his roll before Douglas trades him to the Bengals, while Canty calls the Jets an inept franchise that should be rushing to pay Adams. Canty evej went so far as to quote Manish’s hit piece on Gase (attributing it wink-wink style to the Bleacher Report reprinting of that Manish piece) and paint Jamal as the victim of said Jets bungling. This is how Jerry got Amari Cooper on the cheap—the Cowboys have a ton of allies in the media sphere and they just hammer other teams at Jones’ behest. With Cooper, the Raiders eventually caved after weeks of reading about how Gruden hated Cooper/the Raiders trade demands were insane/the organization was too cheap to pay Cooper/ the owner is ruining the team/Cooper-as-victim, etc. The Jets do not want to be on the receiving end of this nonsense. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had generally liked Canty on DCR until this week. This week Canty talked as if there were no salary cap and as if everything revolved around what Adams wants. Weak. 

I’m not sold on Gase as a coach, but I always disregard anything that Manish writes.  He has made up sources throughout his career to drive his numerous vendettas. He also kisses up to some players, ad nauseum. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Regarding coverage of the Adams situation, it’s interesting comparing how Bart Scott talks about it vs hoe former Cowboy and Giant Chris Canty talks about it. Scott has basically taken the position that Jamal needs fo slow his roll before Douglas trades him to the Bengals, while Canty calls the Jets an inept franchise that should be rushing to pay Adams. Canty evej went so far as to quote Manish’s hit piece on Gase (attributing it wink-wink style to the Bleacher Report reprinting of that Manish piece) and paint Jamal as the victim of said Jets bungling. This is how Jerry got Amari Cooper on the cheap—the Cowboys have a ton of allies in the media sphere and they just hammer other teams at Jones’ behest. With Cooper, the Raiders eventually caved after weeks of reading about how Gruden hated Cooper/the Raiders trade demands were insane/the organization was too cheap to pay Cooper/ the owner is ruining the team/Cooper-as-victim, etc. The Jets do not want to be on the receiving end of this nonsense. 

Funniest part of Canty saying all that?

Canty chewed out Jamal Adams, said "he's just a safety", and called him overrated just last season, citing his coverage abilities.  He was actually arguing with callers because of his "overrated" comments.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Funniest part of Canty saying all that?

Canty chewed out Jamal Adams, said "he's just a safety", and called him overrated just last season, citing his coverage abilities.  He was actually arguing with callers because of his "overrated" comments.

I was not aware of that! I really wonder if Canty is pals with Michael Irvin, who seems to be the common denominator in all the Adams-to-the-Cowboys drama

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/21/2020 at 9:39 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

We went to 7 playoff games and won 4 with Eric Smith at SS.  Jamal Adams hasn't won a thing in his life.  Eric Smith is evidence that you can win a lot of games without a great SS.

Eric Smith at SS NY Jets teams were far better than NY Jets teams Jamal Adams has been on. 

Don't you get tired of spewing drivel in every thread anti-Jamal Adams. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Eric Smith at SS NY Jets teams were far better than NY Jets teams Jamal Adams has been on. 

Don't you get tired of spewing drivel in every thread anti-Jamal Adams. 

Your 1st line actually makes an argument AGAINST jamal and paying a SS a ton of money and centring your team around him.

  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Your 1st line actually makes an argument AGAINST jamal and paying a SS a ton of money and centring your team around him.

Compare rosters and see who played on far better teams. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I was not aware of that! I really wonder if Canty is pals with Michael Irvin, who seems to be the common denominator in all the Adams-to-the-Cowboys drama

Could be.  I just remember him calling Jamal a good, not great, player and hanging up on people (Jets fans) that chewed him out for it.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Compare rosters and see who played on far better teams. 

That is the entire point.  A team with a great oline, good CBs, decent running back and pretty good wrs had success.  A team lead by not only a 6th overall safety but also a 2nd round pick safety in he same year has been poor for the three years they have been here.

Safety does not move the needle, run stopping DT does not move the needle, ILB does not move the needle.

Jamal does not move the needle at all and paying him and committing to his antics is not worth it.

Don;t worry though since the Jets usually do the exact wrong thing they will eventually give this guy a truck load of money and then be looking to get rid of him a year or two later when more important players and positions need to be paid.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, T0mShane said:

If they’re not going to pay him this year (and they’re not), then they need to move him and there’s no need to drag out that process any longer than this weekend. The offers aren’t going to get better, especially as we get closer to possibly losing games in the Fall due to COVID.
 

I’d call his agents this morning and offer them Eddie Jackson’s contract, which they would obviously decline, and by this afternoon, I’d  offer him up around the league and let Jerry run to his media buddies to leak it. It’d be a huge story wherein I, as the Jets, offered to make Jamal Adams the highest paid safety in the league (despite 1. him not being due for a new contract and 2. Him not being the best safety in the league). I would also tell Jerry that I’m disinclined to trade Adams to him because I know Dallas was tampering this whole time, and if they wanted Jamal, there’s going to be an added tax for them specifically. All it will take is one other dipsh*t team to make a comparable offer to the Cowboys deal (1&3) in order to undercut Jones here. If Jones doesn’t beat it, and beat it by a lot, I’m sending Jamal wherever that other offer comes from, and I’d even take a little less to send him to Detroit or Cincinnati simply because it’d annoy Jamal so much. 
 

Bottom line:

1. The offers aren’t going to improve as the summer wears on.

2. You’re not going to pay him anyway

3. You’re not bringing his cancerous ass back to the team without a  deal because he’s not worth the headache

4. the longer this goes on, the more it becomes an “ugh Jets” story, and the more leverage you give to Jerry Jones. 
 

If they are trading Adams for just picks they are better off waiting until the deadline. Why give Adams to a team for a full season and devalue the picks coming back?

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Playing a game of Chicken with Jamal Adams about him asking for a trade, the Jets holding pat, Jamal holding out for training camp or even some games, etc. will almost definitely work out in the Jets favor.  I don't see Jamal "winning" unless the Jets either sign him to a mutually agreeable contract (~$15M per year or thereabouts) or the Jets trading him for a big return.  But in either of those cases....the Jets win too.

Also, it's not like we're talking about a potential Super Bowl team in the Jets here.  Jamal holding out hurts the chances of winning but in my opinion, it was much more effective when Revis was holding out from a team that was Super Bowl caliber.  In that situation, losing a game or two because of not having a single dominant player could keep you out of the playoffs or out of a Bye.  It just don't see that type of consequence with Jamal holding out.  In fact, it could benefit the Jets by getting a better look at what a Maye / Davis combination could do.  Just my two cents.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, cant wait said:

If they are trading Adams for just picks they are better off waiting until the deadline. Why give Adams to a team for a full season and devalue the picks coming back?

This.  The Jets are in charge.  They can wait until a November trade deadline and then some team on the cusp of competing for a Super Bowl that sees Jamal putting them over the top will come calling.  If the 4-5 Jets get a phone call from the 6-3 Cowboys or the 7-2 Packers who are "all in" on a Super Bowl this year then the price will be high for the player AND the Jets will have a much better idea of where the Draft picks being returned will sit (ex. later than 20th in those situations).

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

This.  The Jets are in charge.  They can wait until a November trade deadline and then some team on the cusp of competing for a Super Bowl that sees Jamal putting them over the top will come calling.  If the 4-5 Jets get a phone call from the 6-3 Cowboys or the 7-2 Packers who are "all in" on a Super Bowl this year then the price will be high for the player AND the Jets will have a much better idea of where the Draft picks being returned will sit (ex. later than 20th in those situations).

If the jets are 4-5 with this horrific schedule I’m jumping for joy

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Eric Smith at SS NY Jets teams were far better than NY Jets teams Jamal Adams has been on. 

Don't you get tired of spewing drivel in every thread anti-Jamal Adams. 

There wasn’t a tight end who didn’t love seeing Eric Smith lined up opposite of him in coverage 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cant wait said:

If they are trading Adams for just picks they are better off waiting until the deadline. Why give Adams to a team for a full season and devalue the picks coming back?

I don’t think Jamal Adams makes the Cowboys appreciably better, so I’m not overly concerned about his impact dropping the value of any picks we get in return. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

There wasn’t a tight end who didn’t love seeing Eric Smith lined up opposite of him in coverage 

And there’s not a veteran QB alive that doesn’t love seeing Jamal Adams abandon his coverage to try and tackle a running back after a play fake

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

And there’s not a veteran QB alive that doesn’t love seeing Jamal Adams abandon his coverage to try and tackle a running back after a play fake

I agree Adams is wildly overrated but he’s not the liability in coverage Smith was

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I don’t think Jamal Adams makes the Cowboys appreciably better, so I’m not overly concerned about his impact dropping the value of any picks we get in return. 

Adams doesn’t make anyone significantly better.  We are 16-32 with him

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Playing a game of Chicken with Jamal Adams about him asking for a trade, the Jets holding pat, Jamal holding out for training camp or even some games, etc. will almost definitely work out in the Jets favor.  I don't see Jamal "winning" unless the Jets either sign him to a mutually agreeable contract (~$15M per year or thereabouts) or the Jets trading him for a big return.  But in either of those cases....the Jets win too.

Also, it's not like we're talking about a potential Super Bowl team in the Jets here.  Jamal holding out hurts the chances of winning but in my opinion, it was much more effective when Revis was holding out from a team that was Super Bowl caliber.  In that situation, losing a game or two because of not having a single dominant player could keep you out of the playoffs or out of a Bye.  It just don't see that type of consequence with Jamal holding out.  In fact, it could benefit the Jets by getting a better look at what a Maye / Davis combination could do.  Just my two cents.

Just a thought...

I have no idea how the fines would work, but if Adams shows up through TC then walks out once the season starts, I think he’d have all his 2020 salary (7million) except for $850,000 or so.

If he really wanted to play hardball, wouldn’t he wait until then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

Adams doesn’t make anyone significantly better.  We are 16-32 with him

I never understand this argument.

What’s our record with Sam? 12-20?

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

What’s our record with Sam?

12-20?

 

Sam Darnold is 11-15 in 26 starts. 

Darnold finished with a winning record, 7-6, as a starter last year, which is something Baker, 12-17 in 29 starts, has yet to do and that punk is surrounded by weaponz.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ICYMI

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mahomes wont suit up unless the name of the team is changed...

Adams should take notice what real leadership looks like,,,,   what leverage looks like.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Losmeister said:

Mahomes wont suit up unless the name of the team is changed...

Adams should take notice what real leadership looks like,,,,   what leverage looks like.....

This is getting ridiculous. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

 

Sam Darnold is 11-15 in 26 starts. 

Darnold finished with a winning record, 7-6, as a starter last year, which is something Baker, 12-17 in 29 starts, has yet to do and that punk is surrounded by weaponz.

not so much in support of Darnold...    but, yeah, the above is factual...  and also, i havent been a believer in Baker...  i mean, not as a star in the league...   he can be decent, i think...  which is also how i see Sam, really

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

my bad   SPROTS not sports. mea culpa

BREAKING: Patrick Mahomes says he is refusing to play another game for Kansas City until they change the team name.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

walking dead im not gonna let this slide GIF

clickbait victim...   sorry, again...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, playtowinthegame said:

 

Sam Darnold is 11-15 in 26 starts. 

Darnold finished with a winning record, 7-6, as a starter last year, which is something Baker, 12-17 in 29 starts, has yet to do and that punk is surrounded by weaponz.

Baker’s first two seasons were both better than Sam’s. They just were.

If Darnold had a rookie year like Baker’s, do you think I’d have changed my name?

Not to mention the fact that Baker is better looking, has a better personality, and more brushes with the law. He’s straight out of QB central casting. 😜

  • Thumb Down 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Losmeister said:

not so much in support of Darnold...    but, yeah, the above is factual...  and also, i havent been a believer in Baker...  i mean, not as a star in the league...   he can be decent, i think...  which is also how i see Sam, really

Stop using things that are factual when I’m discussing something with @playtowinthegame, ok Carlos? 😱

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

my bad   SPROTS not sports. mea culpa

BREAKING: Patrick Mahomes says he is refusing to play another game for Kansas City until they change the team name.

 

14 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

walking dead im not gonna let this slide GIF

I don’t know about you two, but the way things have been recently, this story really wouldn’t have shocked me....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...