The Big "Jamal Officially asks to be traded" Thread

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

And there’s not a veteran QB alive that doesn’t love seeing Jamal Adams abandon his coverage to try and tackle a running back after a play fake

So this is Jamal Adams fault where he is lining up on the D. 

It's more like we have no legitimate edge rusher, please help us out. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Beerfish said:

That is the entire point.  A team with a great oline, good CBs, decent running back and pretty good wrs had success.  A team lead by not only a 6th overall safety but also a 2nd round pick safety in he same year has been poor for the three years they have been here.

Safety does not move the needle, run stopping DT does not move the needle, ILB does not move the needle.

Jamal does not move the needle at all and paying him and committing to his antics is not worth it.

Don;t worry though since the Jets usually do the exact wrong thing they will eventually give this guy a truck load of money and then be looking to get rid of him a year or two later when more important players and positions need to be paid.

Football is a team sport last time I checked 11 on 11. 

29 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

What if picks vs Jamal Adams. LOL

What if picks vs

A huge contract in a non premium position with an every increasing problem player.

ps Jamal is the one demanding to be traded don't blame us or gase or Douglas.

• Upvote 3

It’s just amazing to me how few of you want to see this end up with Adams remaining a Jet. Its like he’s the first athlete you’ve ever heard of being in a contract dispute.

The guy is the best player on the team, why wouldn’t you want this to end up with him and Douglas working this thing out?

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Losmeister said:

Mahomes wont suit up unless the name of the team is changed...

Adams should take notice what real leadership looks like,,,,   what leverage looks like.....

Mahomes is at least standing for a principle.  Even if I don't support it I understand it to a degree.

Jamal is standing because he wants money two years before he's eligible to get it.  He's saying Pay Me.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

Baker’s first two seasons were both better than Sam’s. They just were.

If Darnold had a rookie year like Baker’s, do you think I’d have changed my name?

Not to mention the fact that Baker is better looking, has a better personality, and more brushes with the law. He’s straight out of QB central casting. ?

Darnold is a winner. That douche-nozzle Baker would've already melted down a la Ryan Leaf if he was drafted by the Jets. Your favorite quarterback doesn't deliver wins and he's completely surrounded by an all-star squad of offensive skill position players. He's all bark no bite. You idolize a big mouth writing checks his ass can't cash. Darnold is just keeping quiet and getting better at his craft. A year from know you'll be known as Darnold Is My Daddy. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Darnold is a winner. That douche-nozzle Baker would've already melted down a la Ryan Leaf if he was drafted by the Jets. Your favorite quarterback doesn't deliver wins and he's completely surrounded by an all-star squad of offensive skill position players. He's all bark no bite. You idolize a big mouth writing checks his ass can't cash. Darnold is just keeping quiet and getting better at his craft. A year from know you'll be known as Darnold Is My Daddy. 

i think he'd eat crow kinda happily...

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Just remember those two names waiting for you next year, buddy. ?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

It’s just amazing to me how few of you want to see this end up with Adams remaining a Jet. Its like he’s the first athlete you’ve ever heard of being in a contract dispute.

The guy is the best player on the team, why wouldn’t you want this to end up with him and Douglas working this thing out?

Blame the fans....oh but jamal is wanting to be traded.

The guy  has proven to be unreliable and a total phoney.

Jamal Adam has 100% brought all derision no himself via his actions.

I want to be traded to the following teams and some of them I wont ask to renegotiate right away,

The guy is an overrated putz.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I want to be traded to the following teams and some of them I wont ask to renegotiate right away,

Let me answer you, one paragraph at a time.

1.The fans are acting like a 7th grade girl who’s boyfriend broke up with her after Math class.

2.Adams has been the most reliable guy in a Jets uniform the last 3 years.

3. He’s the best player on the team. They told him last season they’d talk to him about a new deal. Talk to him.

4. He’s 24 years old, he may be acting out because they haven’t, but wouldn’t it be nice if the adults in the FO actually did try to talk to him and manage the situation? You know, like someone with the title general MANAGER maybe?

5. We have one player who is massively overrated by the fans on this team, and it isn’t Adams.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

We have one player who is massively overrated by the fans on this team, and it isn’t Adams.

Talk about a self-loathing and masochistic Jets fan. What cracks me up is you make excuses for guys like Baker Mayfield, and even Josh Allen to a degree, who both came out of the same draft as Darnold. Why is that you think? You're so biased against Sam Darnold it's like you take pleasure tearing him down. I gotta tell ya, you've created quite the reputation for yourself here... I feel sorry for you if Darnold leads the Jets to a division title in 2020.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Mahomes is at least standing for a principle.  Even if I don't support it I understand it to a degree.

Jamal is standing because he wants money two years before he's eligible to get it.  He's saying Pay Me.

Even though he won a Super Bowl, I'm telling you Mahomes stand on the Chiefs name will not go well for him with fans in that area. Just like the Redskins the use of the name for a football team is equivalent to honoring their free spirit & toughness. 

Lets change our name to the New York Ghandis 

Weirdest thing about Jamal is that he posts on IG multiple times every day and you never see him with a teammate. He’s usually by himself buying sneakers or working out alone. For a guy who fancies himself a popular leader of men, it looks like he leads a solitary life off the field.
... do you work for Kevin Costner ?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

5 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Even though he won a Super Bowl, I'm telling you Mahomes stand on the Chiefs name will not go well for him with fans in that area. Just like the Redskins the use of the name for a football team is equivalent to honoring their free spirit & toughness. 

Lets change our name to the New York Ghandis 

It’s fake news. 

9D85FA94-6D30-4765-883D-C7AA5F2A1641.png

Unreliable ???

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app