The Big "Jamal Officially asks to be traded" Thread

prime21

1 hour ago, NOSIDE said:

I advocated for this guy like crazy. Look at all my previous posts about paying him. But if this is the case, And it’s true he will play for other teams without asking for an extension, then screw him.

i call Jax and see if we can work out a package including Jamal for Ngakoue

Yep. 

11 minutes ago, Bugg said:

So..Adams will deign to go to a team that does not sign him long term but won't play for the Jets, who would almost certainly  tag him for the next 2 years at top money. Each of the teams on this list is right now either paying a QB top dollar or will be. How does he think that will work out at contract time? Probably none of those teams can afford to tag him in these circumstances. Plausible the very best he can do money wise is ...the New York Jets. 

He named most of the good teams. He wants to go to a winner and then claim he’s one of the key guys there. 

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

^^^ Another of the "Jamal gets no blame for anything, ever" crowd.

Yes, Douglas should have traded him at the deadline last year for whatever Dallas was offering.  No, that doesn't put the blame on Douglas' shoulders for Adams' behavior.

Anybody who is blaming Douglas is just being ridiculous.  

• Upvote 3

49 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I was thinking, could the jamal lovers make themselves look and dumber after this comes out? 

The answer came quick!

Jamal Adams and JJ Watt are the only two players in NFL history with 200+ tackles, 10+ sacks, and 25 PBU’s in their first 3 seasons. (Source: Field Yates). You can pump the breaks with “Jamal lovers looking stupid”. 

With that said, even I’m not a fan of this latest tactic he’s resorted to. Demanding a trade was a bad move. Poor judgement. I don’t see how this can be repaired now that the situation has gotten to this point.  JD’s gonna get lowball offers because teams know he wants out. I still think we’re gonna get bent over in a trade. Nobody’s giving us what he’s worth. 

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

^^^ Another of the "Jamal gets no blame for anything, ever" crowd.

Yes, Douglas should have traded him at the deadline last year for whatever Dallas was offering.  No, that doesn't put the blame on Douglas' shoulders for Adams' behavior.

You can’t leave a post in this thread saying you and T0m saw this coming, and not give Douglas blame for letting it reach this point.

Its in his job description to handle these EXACT type of situations. You want to post like a Presidential Press Secretary defending him, go ahead.

• WTF? 1

8 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

He named most of the good teams. He wants to go to a winner and then claim he’s one of the key guys there. 

Like one of those new guys that joins a clique and pretends he's part of all the old in-jokes, and they wouldn't have happened without him.

As far as the others who I got notified have quoted me, I haven’t read them, and won’t. There’s no need. After 150 Adams threads, I know where you stand.

just read what I posted here in this thread. Never defended Adams, but JD messed this up... big time.

• Thumb Down 5
  • WTF? 2

1 minute ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

This says it all honestly.  If he just wanted to get paid and requests a trade because he doesnt feel like we'll pay him... its a douche move but fine, whatever.  The fact that he wants a trade and doesnt care about getting paid if he goes to a winner?  well thats hypocrisy at its finest.  Just certainly seems he doesnt want to be here anymore, which he's hinted at before when the jets went through tough losing stretches.  The "i aint no loser" speech he made, just shows that he doesnt want to put in the work this team needs him to to help change the culture.  

And he wants to preach Jordan mentality. Sure bud. Quit on your team just like Jorda....oh wait. 

• Haha 3

Jamal Adams

Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News reported earlier this evening that Jets safety Jamal Adams has requested permission to seek a trade.  It is a request that the Jets have not yet granted.  Now this from ESPN New York’s Rich Cimini.

The Jamal Adams trade request is the first big test for GM Joe Douglas. Does he trade his best player or hold firm? Know this: Teams already are showing interest. A trade for draft picks does not help the team in 2020. In that case, he should've done it… https://t.co/SbTe6XYny3

— Rich Cimini (@RichCimini) June 18, 2020

The Jets are reportedly less than thrilled with Adams’ antics, with Cimini saying the team is “not happy with his behavior”, but it should also come as no surprise that despite the theatrics and expected price tag, the Jets should have little trouble moving Adams if they decide to do so.  “Know this: Teams already are showing interest” according to Cimini.

NFL insider Adam Schefter also chimed in with a leaked list of teams Adams would like to play for.

Here are the seven teams to which Jets’ Pro-Bowl safety Jamal Adams would welcome a trade, per source:
🏈Ravens
🏈Cowboys
🏈Texans
🏈Chiefs
🏈Eagles
🏈49ers
🏈Seahawks

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) June 18, 2020

According to Schefter, Adams would like to go home to Texas with the Cowboys or Texans, or a slew of other playoff contenders including the Chiefs, Eagles and 49ers.

The post Cimini: Jets Unhappy With Adams; Some Teams Already Showing Interest appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
bNZHu9-9Zak

Click here to read the full story...

I liked adams as a player, I think he is much better than a lot of people here give him credit for, I think he is a dynamic piece to have on defense and a passionate player who loves the game of football.  I had really hoped when we drafted him that his passion for the game and drive to win would have been a catalyst for changing the culture here.  I am really disappointed that he has seemingly chosen to just abandon this team and players, at a time where things actually look like they're turning around, just to go to an easy situation where he can win now.  All while using the veil of a contract extension as the catalyst. 

Maybe he still gets a deal done here and things change, but this has left a very sour taste in my mouth and I am really disappointed that this is how this has turned out and that this is the type of player he has turned out to be. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FloridaJetsFan said:

Joe D is NOT gonna be pushed around by a young dude with 2 years left on his contract. He will sit on him for 2 years if he doesn't want to play - Jamal just killed his once promising career.

Totally agree!

This is a huge test to see what kind of legacy JD is going to have with the NYJ

Not a chance JD wimps out and trades him unless he gets a very team friendly deal.

Let the POS baby sit on the bench for 2 years and pout and cry!

JD ain't gonna let this sack-o-$h*t bully him!

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

This says it all honestly.  If he just wanted to get paid and requests a trade because he doesnt feel like we'll pay him... its a douche move but fine, whatever.  The fact that he wants a trade and doesnt care about getting paid if he goes to a winner?  well thats hypocrisy at its finest.  Just certainly seems he doesnt want to be here anymore, which he's hinted at before when the jets went through tough losing stretches.  The "i aint no loser" speech he made, just shows that he doesnt want to put in the work this team needs him to to help change the culture.  

Good for Hughes for calling out Jamal’s bullsh*t. Hughes is a man of the people. A true journalist, in the classic sense.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Like one of those new guys that joins a clique and pretends he's part of all the old in-jokes, and they wouldn't have happened without him.

Like Kd in golden state, yes, except he’s not close to that level of talent. He’s not a leader, he’s a bandwagonner.