Is Jamal Worth the Drama?

This gets serious if he holds out of the regular season.  Until then, the Jets have the leverage.  But if Jamal holds out of his rookie deal with 2 years left on it, it also looks pretty bad for a guy who hasn't even led his team to a winning season yet.  If you're really that Darrelle Revis level of good then your team should be winning more games.

Let's see if Jamal really does pull a Leveon and hold out of the regular season...

24 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

If they would of contact him and worked on a new contract there wouldn’t be any drama. 

21 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You can't be serious with this take.  

I see you're confused by this @Trolly McTrollface.  It's pretty simple why this is a bad take from Mick (if he indeed was serious when he stated it), for 2 reasons:

1) Had Douglas actually sat down for negotiations, it would have gone something like this:  Adams demands somehere in the neighborhood of $20M per.  Douglas responds that he sees Adams' value at something in the neighborhood of $15M per.  I.E., top Safety money but not top defensive player of the year money.  Adams feels insulted.  Adams demands a trade.  

2) Drama might as well be Jamal's middle name.  He lives for it.  That's what people with Narcissistic Personality Disorder do:  Never take blame for anything and put it on someone else.  Smarter NPD folks find more sophisticated, Machiavellian ways to try to get their way.  Adams, lacking such intelligence, just throws a tirade to try to get his way.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I see you're confused by this @Trolly McTrollface.  It's pretty simple why this is a bad take from Mick (if he indeed was serious when he stated it), for 2 reasons:

1) Had Douglas actually sat down for negotiations, it would have gone something like this:  Adams demands somehere in the neighborhood of $20M per.  Douglas responds that he sees Adams' value at something in the neighborhood of $15M per.  I.E., top Safety money but not top defensive player of the year money.  Adams feels insulted.  Adams demands a trade.  

2) Drama might as well be Jamal's middle name.  He lives for it.  That's what people with Narcissistic Personality Disorder do:  Never take blame for anything and put it on someone else.  Smarter NPD folks find more sophisticated, Machiavellian ways to try to get their way.  Adams, lacking such intelligence, just throws a tirade to try to get his way.  

I was just typing my response after leaving my react, 80.

look, I get it, you’re fired up about this, but c’mon. Mick is a pretty smart guy . Isn’t he allowed a different opinion than yours and most of you?

Thats why I was “confused”. You would normally reply to him how you replied to me (with an explanation)... not the “you can’t be serious” thing.

Get some air, my man. Chill. We still haven’t heard Jamal’s tweet he promised today. ?

1 minute ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

I was just typing my response after leaving my react, 80.

look, I get it, you’re fired up about this, but c’mon. Mick is a pretty smart guy . Isn’t he allowed a different opinion than yours and most of you?

Thats why I was “confused”. You would normally reply to him how you replied to me (with an explanation)... not the “you can’t be serious” thing.

Get some air, my man. Chill. We still haven’t heard Jamal’s tweet he promised today. ?

I thought he was being sarcastic.  That's how bad the take was.  I was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt.  

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I thought he was being sarcastic.  That's how bad the take was.  I was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt.  

Not that you need to hear this from me, BUT....

Ive defended Adams as much if not more than anyone here, but after yesterday, I’m done with that, and him.

i said what I said yesterday about Douglas, and I meant it, and stand by it.

But today? After reading lord knows how many posts about this, it’s just noise. It’s June. Let this breathe for a couple of days. 

Why let yourself get so worked up about a guy who doesn’t want to be here? You always say you believe in Douglas. Give him time to work out a resolution.

*and don’t worry so much about those who feel differently right now. ?

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I'm on the fence.

He's a great player. An absolutely great player.

But he's extremely annoying.

Honestly I don’t think he is a great player.  I think great players impact the game more and it results in more wins.  I think he is a very talented player but not as great as he thinks he is