Mehta: Jets sign Denzel Mims

5 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Mims, Perriman, Crowder, Herndon and Griffin with Bell out of the backfield should make for a great receiving group if the offensive line does its job and and protects Darnold. 

I’m really excited about Mims.  Douglas pulled a great move trading back and still getting Mims.  Some luck but also very savvy 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

12 minutes ago, Lith said:

Just hope he follow it up with a better career than our last 2nd round wide receiver to open up with a couple of big plays against Buffalo.

I think Zel’ is a natural playmaker. I’m excited to see him in live action this year. Now if we could only get another starting WR out of a Jamal Adams trade.

• Upvote 4

29 minutes ago, Lith said:

Just hope he follow it up with a better career than our last 2nd round wide receiver to open up with a couple of big plays against Buffalo.

He may or may not turn out but his college resume is much much better production wise so I have a lot of hope for this player.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I think Zel’ is a natural playmaker. I’m excited to see him in live action this year. Now if we could only get another starting WR out of a Jamal Adams trade.

Agreed.  I’m very excited for Mims.  I love that him and Sam are already starting to form a  Chemistry together.  I wish the self proclaimed ”best safety in football” would post of video of his teammates rather than CeeDee Lamb or dollar signs but I digress 

• Upvote 1

I have this gut feeling about Mims that he is going to be a Top 10 receiver in the NFL. Usually I go through a process of convincing myself to be excited that a pick in the draft will work out for the Jets. But with Mims it is different. I loved that he was just super pissed he fell and promised to make other teams regret passing on him. I love that he signed quickly. He was the most dominant EVER in one on ones at the Senior Bow. I know it sounds silly, but those drills have a strong correlation to success in the NFL and his performance is off the charts. He catches contested balls. Is great catching back shoulder. He is big and fast.  I dont feel hopeful with Mims I feel oddly confident he will be one of the best receivers in the NFL.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1

On 6/20/2020 at 6:49 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

This is going to be one of those rare moments where we outsmarted the rest of the league when drafting a WR outside of the 1st round.  Like the Steelers do routinely with guys like Antonio Brown and JuJu Smith-Schuster.

I see him as a Dez Bryant type receiver.

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Nice highlights. Curious to see how many of his push offs would be flagged in NFL? One definitely would, 2 others questionable. Still, young man comes down with an impressive number of contested catches. Sam should love this guy.

Tougher than Robby IMO

I think there was a personality reason for this guy dropping even though I can’t really see it in interviews. You know it happens, every once in a while a player that all the fans have pegged as a no brainer drops and he turns out to be a beast in the NFL. Hell it happened last year with metcalf. 

On 6/20/2020 at 3:16 PM, New York Mick said:

Damn. I thought 2nd rounders got more then that. 

That's more money than I have made in my 39 years of work combined.

Yes, I feel very bad for him.  lol

• Haha 1

On 7/2/2020 at 6:10 PM, DLJ said:

Enjoy it kid. Jets fans will turn on you in t minus 2 years

On 7/2/2020 at 8:00 PM, New York Mick said:

Only if he’s successful but a player taken after him is more successful. 

lol, you two.  

Mims plays a premium position.  So, much like when the Jets re-signed Revis in 2010, we'll all fully support him getting WR1 dollars if/when he lives up to that.  

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

lol, you two.  

Mims plays a premium position.  So, much like when the Jets re-signed Revis in 2010, we'll all fully support him getting WR1 dollars if/when he lives up to that.  

And if another player that was taken after him does better half the fans will say he’s a bust and another dumb pick by the Jets. 

47 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

And if another player that was taken after him does better half the fans will say he’s a bust and another dumb pick by the Jets. 

Denzel Mims was the # 59 pick in the draft.

Jamal Adams was taken # 6, prior to 2 franchise QB's.

Get lost.