Mehta: Jets sign Denzel Mims

He doesn't have to be AS GOOD as Micheal Thomas, but I just have a feeling about this guy based on what he did in college, his size speed, hands, and temperament. He seems like THATS MY BALL kind of player & Sam needs a tough SOB out there with him. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Jetster said:

He doesn't have to be AS GOOD as Micheal Thomas, but I just have a feeling about this guy based on what he did in college, his size speed, hands, and temperament. He seems like THATS MY BALL kind of player & Sam needs a tough SOB out there with him. 

If he’s 60% of what Thomas is he’s a home run for the jets

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Denzel Mims was the # 59 pick in the draft.

Jamal Adams was taken # 6, prior to 2 franchise QB's.

Get lost.

Adams isn’t the only player fans have done this to. They do it to most of them and Adams had no control over when he was drafted so hating him for it is asinine. 

7 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Adams isn’t the only player fans have done this to. They do it to most of them and Adams had no control over when he was drafted so hating him for it is asinine. 

We can hate on him for any reason we'd like to.  The guy who was responsible for picking Adams has been fired, so who else would you like us to complain to?

He's proven to be completely unlikable ever since being drafted and doesn't want to be here, with the same org that drafted him way too high and has already made him rich in the first place.  Are those good enough reasons as well?

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

We can hate on him for any reason we'd like to.  The guy who was responsible for picking Adams has been fired, so who else would you like us to complain to?

He's proven to be completely unlikable ever since being drafted and doesn't want to be here, with the same org that drafted him way too high and has already made him rich in the first place.  Are those good enough reasons as well?

He was completely fine until last year. That’s when he started being a douche. It doesn’t matter if Mac was fired or not Adams still doesn’t have anything to do with when he was drafted. 
So you’re mad he’s made money? Why? Every player makes way too much money.
I hate the way he acts on social media but I also hate the way most famous people do. 

My original post said fans will hate Mims if someone drafted after him is better especially if it’s another WR and that’s true. 

4 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

He was completely fine until last year. That’s when he started being a douche. It doesn’t matter if Mac was fired or not Adams still doesn’t have anything to do with when he was drafted. 
So you’re mad he’s made money? Why? Every player makes way too much money.
I hate the way he acts on social media but I also hate the way most famous people do. 

My original post said fans will hate Mims if someone drafted after him is better especially if it’s another WR and that’s true. 

He's a fraud and has always been a fraud.  If you only think he's been a douche starting last year (which is a ridiuclous statement anyways....that means he's "only" been a douche for about 10 months now?), you just haven't been paying attention.

I'm mad that he's trying to hold the Jets hostage and shoot his way out of town.  It's clearly not just about money for him.  He feels disrespected for absolutely zero reason, because he's a thin-skinned brat.  

Meanwhile, not one teammate has spoken out on his behalf.  That's telling.

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He's a fraud and has always been a fraud.  If you only think he's been a douche starting last year (which is a ridiuclous statement anyways....that means he's "only" been a douche for about 10 months now?), you just haven't been paying attention.

I'm mad that he's trying to hold the Jets hostage and shoot his way out of town.  It's clearly not just about money for him.  He feels disrespected for absolutely zero reason, because he's a thin-skinned brat.  

Meanwhile, not one teammate has spoken out on his behalf.  That's telling.

That still has nothing to do with my original post. You made it about JA when it’s about the fans in general 

Just now, New York Mick said:

That still has nothing to do with my original post. You made it about JA when it’s about the fans in general 

I'm arguing that Jamal isn't a good example when trying to suggest Jets fans dislike good players purely for not performing as well as players drafted behind them.  

6 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Half the players taken in the first four rounds since 83. 

Are you serious with this?  lol.  The Jets have operated at about a 80-90 % bust rate in the first round since 1983.  

I ask again:  Name the "good players" we've taken in the 1st round that have been unfairly treated based on players drafted behind them doing better.  A vague statement isn't enough. 

If its really that many players, a few should be easy to name.

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Are you serious with this?  lol.  The Jets have operated at about a 80-90 % bust rate in the first round since 1983.  

I ask again:  Name the "good players" we've taken in the 1st round that have been unfairly treated based on players drafted behind them doing better.  A vague statement isn't enough. 

If its really that many players, a few should be easy to name.

Players the fans ended up hating or wanted someone else drafted after.  I’m too lazy to do more then the first round. 
O’Brien

Robertson

Lageman

Mitchell

Brady

Johnson

Farrior

Ellis, Abe, Penny, Becht

Moss

Thomas 

Robertson 

Vilma

Revis

Wilkerson

Leo

Adams

Sam

Q

7 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Players the fans ended up hating or wanted someone else drafted after.  I’m too lazy to do more then the first round. 
O’Brien

Robertson

Lageman

Mitchell

Brady

Johnson

Farrior

Ellis, Abe, Penny, Becht

Moss

Thomas 

Robertson 

Vilma

Revis

Wilkerson

Leo

Adams

Sam

Q

Robertson, Lageman, Mitchell, Brady and Becht were outright busts.  They are not applicable to this discussion.  We're only talking about "good players" here.

Randy Thomas was a 2nd rounder.  Unless you're talking about bust Blair Thomas, who is also not applicable.  If its Bryan Thomas, I'll address that in my next post.

Here, I'll do the rest of the work for you, Mick.  None of the other players you listed have been unfairly treated based on their draft slot or who was taken after them.

First round picks from 1983-2000.  I'll address 2001-present with my next post:

• Ken O'Brien (# 24 overall, 1983):  Does everyone wish Marino was the pick?  Absolutely.  Was O'Brien treated unfairly?  No.  He was mostly well liked for running a high-powered offense.  Though, of course, most of the credit went to the Walker/Toon combo.
  • Russell Carter (# 10, 1984):  BUST.  Not applicable here.
  • Ron Faurot (# 15, 1984):  BUST.  Not applicable.
  • Al Toon (# 10, 1985):  For the reasons stated earlier regarding O'Brien, Toon is beloved by Jets fans.  Treated unfairly because he wasn't Jerry Rice, taken 6 picks later?  Not really, no.  I've seen plenty of Toon jerseys at games to this day.  
  • Mike Haight (# 22, 1986):  BUST.  Not applicable.
  • Roger Vick (# 21, 1987):  BUST.  Not applicable.
  • Dave Cadigan (# 8, 1988):  BUST.  Not applicable.
  • Jeff Lageman (# 14, 1989):  BUST.  Not applicable.
  • Blair Thomas (# 2, 1990):  BUST.  Not applicable.
  • Johnny Mitchell (# 15, 1992):  BUST.  Not applicable.
  • Marvin Jones (# 4, 1993):  I don't recall much negativity expressed towards Jones over the years, despite missing out on Willie Roaf, Jerome Bettis, Lincoln Kennedy, Brad Hopkins and others in this draft class.
  • Aaron Glenn (# 12, 1994):   Another fairly well-liked player in Jets history.  Like Jones, he was on the successful Parcells squads.  Unlike Jones, he was helped by being better than any other 1st rounder taken after him in this particular draft class.
  • Kyle Brady (# 9, 1995):  BUST.  Not applicable.
  • Keyshawn Johnson (#1, 1996):  Yes, Jets fans dislike Keyshawn Johnson.   But this is primarily due to him being a malcontent, not really due to the talent we passed on behind him.  And that was certainly a loaded draft class (1st rounders included Ray Lewis, Marvin Harrison, Jonathan Ogden, Willie Anderson, Simeon Rice).  
  • James Farrior (# 8, 1997):  He went on to have a great career with the Steelers, but I don't think people "hate" Farrior.  Certainly blame gets rested on Parcells for taking him and then improperly using him.  Not so much on Farrior himself.
  • Shaun Ellis (# 12, 2000):  A beloved Jet who was even somewhat forgiven for finishing his career as a Patriot.
  • John Abraham (# 13, 2000):  The last elite pass rusher the Jets have ever had.  He does get ripped for missing playoff games (the old debate of playing injured vs. playing hurt), but otherwise is looked at in a positive light, mostly because of the Jets' failures to generate a pass rush ever since he was traded.
  • Chad Pennington (# 18, 2000):  Plenty of Penningtologists still worship the guy.  Among the group that hates him, I don't think it's because of who was taken after Pennington in that draft class.  He and Marc Bulger were the # 2 and 3 QB's of that class, behind 6th rounder Tom Brady.  Even the Pats passed on Brady for 5 rounds.  
  • Anthony Becht (# 27, 2000):  BUST.  Not applicable.

• Santana Moss (# 16, 2001):  I don't recall Reggie Wayne (# 30 overall) being listed as the primary reason why Moss wasn't universally liked.  And I'd say he's mostly well liked anyways.  He was a WR1, of which the Jets haven't had many in their history.  Coles gets looked at more positively, for sure, but Moss wasn't disliked by anywhere close to the majority of the fan base.
  • Bryan Thomas (# 21, 2002):  Here's the first good player who can be seen as treated unfairly based on who he was taken ahead of.  Ed Reed going 2 picks after Thomas is absolutely the biggest point of discussion regarding Thomas.  But I do think Thomas started to redeem himself a bit later in his career, after early returns were not great.  He became a Calvin Pace type of OLB.  Not a huge sack guy but one who contributes in every other way you need from that position.  We of course still wish that pick was Reed.  But is Thomas unfairly treated?  Maybe a little?  But certainly not enough to determine Jets fans are mean to their drafted players.
  • Dewayne Robertson (# 4, 2003):  BUST.  Not applicable.
  • Jonathan Vilma (# 12, 2004):  Similar to James Farrior, any Vilma "hate" comes from him being more productive elsewhere.  Moreover, Vilma was a better player than nearly anyone taken after him in the 1st round, other than perhaps NT Vince Wilfork.
  • D'Brickashaw Ferguson (# 4, 2006):  I don't think you can find one fan who  dislikes Brick.  
  • Nick Mangold (# 29, 2006):  I don't think you can find one fan who dislikes Mangold.
  • Darrelle Revis (# 14, 2007):  Revis is not disliked because of where he was taken.  He was far better than any player taken behind him.  He's disliked because of how he performed just prior to being traded, for winning a title in NE, and then how he dogged it in his 2nd stint with the Jets.
  • Vernon Gholston (# 6, 2008):  BUST.  Not applicable.
  • Dustin Keller (# 30, 2008):  BUST.  Not applicable.
  • Mark Sanchez (# 5, 2009):  BUST.  Not applicable.
  • Kyle Wilson (# 29, 2010):  BUST.  Not applicable.
  • Muhammad Wilkerson (# 30, 2011):  Not disliked for his draft position, where he actually outperformed his draft slot.  He's disliked for dogging it the moment he got paid.
  • Quinton Coples (# 16, 2012):  BUST.  Not applicable.
  • Dee Milliner (# 9, 2013):  BUST.  Not applicable.
  • Sheldon Richardson (# 13, 2013):  Not disliked here based on his draft position.  He's disliked for committing 4 crimes in one day and not proving to be reliable or worthy of a 2nd contract.
  • Calvin Pryor (# 18, 2014):  BUST.  Not applicable.
  • Leonard Williams (# 6, 2015):  Treated unfairly?  lol.  Hell no.  He was given every opportunity to win the fans over here.  We're now just thankful he's the Giants' problem.  There weren't many good players taken behind him, either.  Vic Beasley had one solid year then flamed out.
  • Darron Lee (# 20, 2016):  BUST.  Not applicable.
  • Jamal Adams (# 6, 2017):  We've already discussed ad nauseum.  He's not being treated unfairly whatsoever.
  • Sam Darnold (# 3, 2018):  It's laughable that you'd try to list Darnold.  Sure, he's being compared to Lamar Jackson and such.  But the fan base is overwhelmingly positive on his future, and there are quite a few who (perhaps unreasonably) think Darnold might end up BETTER than Jackson in the long run.  Not unfairly treated at all.
  • Quinnen Williams (# 3, 2019):  It's also laughable to list Quinnen.  Yes, we expect a DT to produce when taken that high.  No, its not unfair to demand production in Year 2.  Even still, there are many fans who support the kid and think he'll end up a force.  It's way too early to list him as a bust, just as its way too early to suggest he's being treated unfairly.  Laughable

So, to conclude, really only Bryan Thomas has been treated unfairly by his draft slot.  Your argument is absurd.

16 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Robertson, Lageman, Mitchell, Brady and Becht were outright busts.  They are not applicable to this discussion.  We're only talking about "good players" here.

Randy Thomas was a 2nd rounder.  Unless you're talking about bust Blair Thomas, who is also not applicable.  If its Bryan Thomas, I'll address that in my next post.

Here, I'll do the rest of the work for you, Mick.  None of the other players you listed have been unfairly treated based on their draft slot or who was taken after them.

First round picks from 1983-2000.  I'll address 2001-present with my next post:

• Ken O'Brien (# 24 overall, 1983):  Does everyone wish Marino was the pick?  Absolutely.  Was O'Brien treated unfairly?  No.  He was mostly well liked for running a high-powered offense.  Though, of course, most of the credit went to the Walker/Toon combo.
  • Russell Carter (# 10, 1984):  BUST.  Not applicable here.
  • Ron Faurot (# 15, 1984):  BUST.  Not applicable.
  • Al Toon (# 10, 1985):  For the reasons stated earlier regarding O'Brien, Toon is beloved by Jets fans.  Treated unfairly because he wasn't Jerry Rice, taken 6 picks later?  Not really, no.  I've seen plenty of Toon jerseys at games to this day.  
  • Mike Haight (# 22, 1986):  BUST.  Not applicable.
  • Roger Vick (# 21, 1987):  BUST.  Not applicable.
  • Dave Cadigan (# 8, 1988):  BUST.  Not applicable.
  • Jeff Lageman (# 14, 1989):  BUST.  Not applicable.
  • Blair Thomas (# 2, 1990):  BUST.  Not applicable.
  • Johnny Mitchell (# 15, 1992):  BUST.  Not applicable.
  • Marvin Jones (# 4, 1993):  I don't recall much negativity expressed towards Jones over the years, despite missing out on Willie Roaf, Jerome Bettis, Lincoln Kennedy, Brad Hopkins and others in this draft class.
  • Aaron Glenn (# 12, 1994):   Another fairly well-liked player in Jets history.  Like Jones, he was on the successful Parcells squads.  Unlike Jones, he was helped by being better than any other 1st rounder taken after him in this particular draft class.
  • Kyle Brady (# 9, 1995):  BUST.  Not applicable.
  • Keyshawn Johnson (#1, 1996):  Yes, Jets fans dislike Keyshawn Johnson.   But this is primarily due to him being a malcontent, not really due to the talent we passed on behind him.  And that was certainly a loaded draft class (1st rounders included Ray Lewis, Marvin Harrison, Jonathan Ogden, Willie Anderson, Simeon Rice).  
  • James Farrior (# 8, 1997):  He went on to have a great career with the Steelers, but I don't think people "hate" Farrior.  Certainly blame gets rested on Parcells for taking him and then improperly using him.  Not so much on Farrior himself.
  • Shaun Ellis (# 12, 2000):  A beloved Jet who was even somewhat forgiven for finishing his career as a Patriot.
  • John Abraham (# 13, 2000):  The last elite pass rusher the Jets have ever had.  He does get ripped for missing playoff games (the old debate of playing injured vs. playing hurt), but otherwise is looked at in a positive light, mostly because of the Jets' failures to generate a pass rush ever since he was traded.
  • Chad Pennington (# 18, 2000):  Plenty of Penningtologists still worship the guy.  Among the group that hates him, I don't think it's because of who was taken after Pennington in that draft class.  He and Marc Bulger were the # 2 and 3 QB's of that class, behind 6th rounder Tom Brady.  Even the Pats passed on Brady for 5 rounds.  
  • Anthony Becht (# 27, 2000):  BUST.  Not applicable.

Bryan Thomas and not all those players were bust. They were average. Until the Jets start winning championship fans are going to dislike players, coaches and GMs. The coaches and GM deserve it unless the owners are making the decisions. The players can’t control where they get drafted and want to make as much money as they can and play for a winning franchise so they’re going to act like spoiled douchebags until they get their way especially if teams keep giving into them. I’m hoping the new CBA buts a dampener on it a little. I don’t follow any social media so I don’t see what the players say unless it’s on here. 

3 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Bryan Thomas and not all those players were bust. They were average. Until the Jets start winning championship fans are going to dislike players, coaches and GMs. The coaches and GM deserve it unless the owners are making the decisions. The players can’t control where they get drafted and want to make as much money as they can and play for a winning franchise so they’re going to act like spoiled douchebags until they get their way especially if teams keep giving into them. I’m hoping the new CBA buts a dampener on it a little. I don’t follow any social media so I don’t see what the players say unless it’s on here. 

Blair Thomas was a bust.  I addressed Bryan Thomas in the next post.  Bryan Thomas was really the only player in Jet history who was unfairly treated based on his draft slot and who was taken behind him.

The others I listed as busts absolutely were busts.  I don't have any sympathy for busts.  They made quite a bit of money to suck at pro football, and then were out of the league in fairly short order.  Who cares about their feelings?

Just now, New York Mick said:

Blair Thomas was a bust.  I addressed Bryan Thomas in the next post.  He's really the only player in Jet history who was unfairly treated based on his draft slot.