This sucks

Our Olines better, our CBS are better, our draft picks actually made sense this year, were not paying Jamal $17+ mil a year when he has 2 years left on a contract I’m the midst of a pandemic, Sams in great shape and has been working out with the entire offense, the offense will be better, so what’s so bad? We’re gonna lose our starting SS who's alienating himself from the Team+fans every day? Joe D got a 3rd round pick for that walking trashcan Leonard Williams we will get fair comp for our Diva.  

• Upvote 3

I'm enjoying this too much.?

This is why adults should abstain from hero worship... 

He's not who you thought he was.

He's not who he claims to be.

He doesn't love you like you love him.

Many of us pointed this out.

Mmmm the pain of realization... Delicious.

daniel day lewis GIF

20 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

I'm enjoying this too much.?

This is why adults should abstain from hero worship... 

He's not who you thought he was.

He's not who he claims to be.

He doesn't love you like you love him.

Many of us pointed this out.

Mmmm the pain of realization... Delicious.

daniel day lewis GIF

My heroes were always Steve McQueen, Frank Zappa and Bill Hicks.  So if your heroes are all dead... then they can't disappoint you.

• Upvote 1

Not sure why the long face, Eeyore.  Oh, your feelings hurting again?  More watercooler teasing like the Buttfumble?  This is football.  It ain't ballet.

The Jets are winning the division.  Jamal will either play hard to earn his contract or his pouting on the bench will gel the team to spite him.  It's all good.  

SAR I

• Sympathy 1

13 hours ago, pdxgreen said:

My boss once told me, "I want to yell at you sometimes.  But then I realized that you're a Jets fan.  So you probably already hate yourself enough." 

It ain't easy being green.

And people used to laugh at Kermit the Frog back in the day.?

6 minutes ago, section314 said:

And people used to laugh at Kermit the Frog back in the day.?

Fuzzy and Gonzo were always the ones who got the laughs as I remember.  It's funny.  I always remember Kernit being a symbol of relatable everyday doldrums as he tried to manage a caravan of muppets.  So we always cried together when he finds "The Rainbow Connection."   That could be the Jets fan anthem.  Always looking for hope when there ittle eason to have none. 

• Upvote 1

I liken being a Jet fan to growing up in a household where one parent is an alcoholic.  You keep hoping and praying they get it right.  You anticipate recovery when things start getting better and then are body slammed when they relapse.